Author Topic: Idiots: Senate votes 98-1 that "Climate Change" is not a hoax  (Read 6020 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Idiots: Senate votes 98-1 that "Climate Change" is not a hoax
« on: January 21, 2015, 04:37:45 PM »
United States senators are now on the record on the question of whether climate change is "a hoax."

The Senate on Wednesday passed a measure stating that "climate change is real and is not a hoax" by a margin of 98-1.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Idiots: Senate votes 98-1 that "Climate Change" is not a hoax
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 04:45:37 PM »
So pubbies parsed the language to vote for it as part of another bill.......No guts. So much for the majority.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 06:08:43 PM »
So what, regarding the language. They've basically said to constituents that they believe there is a problem which the left continues to hammer every chance it gets regardless of the parsing of words. Why the frack should they care? Do they really think the rest of us do. We didn't need to see a consensus regarding a hoax.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
Congratulations goes to the lone sensible senator, Sen. Roger Wicker. The rest of you miserable bastidges are excused.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »
Oh good GRIEF!!  The worse I suspect things can get, the worse they do.   ::outrage::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 12:32:54 AM »
so who was the one?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 06:59:21 AM »
The one against was Wicker...the one absent...it didn't say...

But according to GovTrack the lone absentee was none other than Dingy Harry!

Certainly, the Pubbies cannot be so stupid as to see what this really is...just like the false claim of the climate whores that "a majority of scientists" buy into this crapola...now the same claim can be made for the US Senate, which in this sorry-assed case actually has a vote on record saying it isn't a hoax...so get used to having the "not a hoax" meme being dished out all over the place with psychotic glee without end.

Anybody thinking the Pubbies or politics are an answer to our problems seriously needs to grow the fvck up!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 11:00:20 AM »
Louisiana
Yea      R      Cassidy, Bill    LA
Yea      R      Vitter, David    LA

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!! ::pullhair::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »
I'm sure glad the Republicans got control from those idiots, Reid and Pelosi.

Now, we have idiots McConnell and Boehner.

Cruz and Paul voted for this thing, too!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 11:32:40 AM »
This begs for a Hitler rant...

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 03:59:52 AM »
I am not sure this is as it appears to all of you. Senator Inhofe of Oklahoma, a great opponent of MMGW lies, voted for this.......remarking that there has ALWAYS been climate change, even since biblical times.  Almost no one denies there is climate change. The real issue is can we stop it and why would we try? (Warming actually increases food supplies!) Regardless, Inhofe's statement makes me think this is a non-issue, just a vote to get this off the agenda....as meaningless as a vote for apple pie.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 06:23:24 AM »
It doesn't matter, the phrase "is not a hoax" is in the language, that is all the Progs need to run with.  Why would anybody give the Progs anything?  Then again, why do the Pubbies always give the Progs everything?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 06:55:38 AM »
I am not sure this is as it appears to all of you. Senator Inhofe of Oklahoma, a great opponent of MMGW lies, voted for this.......remarking that there has ALWAYS been climate change, even since biblical times.  Almost no one denies there is climate change. The real issue is can we stop it and why would we try? (Warming actually increases food supplies!) Regardless, Inhofe's statement makes me think this is a non-issue, just a vote to get this off the agenda....as meaningless as a vote for apple pie.

That doesn't matter. Look at the headlines. That is a gift from the GOP straight to the liars who would rob us of our liberty.

And yesterday, we have the wonderful Mitt Romney, saying that climate change is real, it is mandmade, and it's time we do something about it.

I don't want to share the planet with these people any more.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »
You cannot possibly be saying that we can allow the media to dictate how we will vote on legislation, because no matter WHAT we do, they will lie, spin, deceive, etc...

Imagine the headlines if we had voted to deny that there have been actual changes in climate. That is a proven fact.  We would look like idiots and everything said after would be discredited. The only path is ALWAYS speak the truth.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »
You cannot possibly be saying that we can allow the media to dictate how we will vote on legislation, because no matter WHAT we do, they will lie, spin, deceive, etc...

Imagine the headlines if we had voted to deny that there have been actual changes in climate. That is a proven fact.  We would look like idiots and everything said after would be discredited. The only path is ALWAYS speak the truth.

Seriously?

They and their pals in office get the Pubbies to do that ALL the time!  And it doesn't matter if "we" say the truth or not!

(cough!) ObamaCare (cough!) Impeachment (cough, collapse...and die!  Yup, GOP has no pulse!)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
Unless "climate change" was defined, they gave ammunition to the environazis.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2015, 11:34:38 AM »
Unless "climate change" was defined, they gave ammunition to the environazis.

And even if they didn't, it wouldn't stop them from claiming thus.  Bottom line - there is not one single good reason to participate in (or allow) this sham of a vote.  None.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »
The only path is ALWAYS speak the truth.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
Well, if the Pubbies are going to speak the truth on behalf of the Leftist agenda, why not pass a whole slew of resolutions...

The top 1% control all the wealth. So say we all.
The richest among us can afford to pay more in taxes. So say we all.
Urban neighborhoods of color are owned by White slumlords. So say we all.
Most Muslims are peaceful people. So say we all.
Crude oil is hazardous when it leaks into the ocean or soil. So say we all.
Palestinian children often get caught in Israeli crossfire. So say we all.
Muslim nations are choosing their own destiny by overthrowing their dictators. So say we all.
The GOP opposes freedom of choice. So say we all.

You get my point CHF. The truth is what the truth is. But a Senatorial resolution proclaiming truths out of context does nothing more than provide ammunition to the enemies of liberty.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:31:38 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 03:47:33 PM »
The only path is ALWAYS speak the truth.

Stop that.  We heard you the FIRST time.

Everything must have its own definition and name in accordance with its nature; truth cannot be spoken without knowing these.  And unless and until these are spoken and understood, speaking the truth to the other party is an exercise in futility because their names and definitions are lies.

You are not preaching some greater wisdom here; you're advocating playing into the hands of the enemy, which is what the R-uling Class just did.