Author Topic: Idiots: Senate votes 98-1 that "Climate Change" is not a hoax  (Read 6019 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Idiots: Senate votes 98-1 that "Climate Change" is not a hoax
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »
I'd like to know how this even came to a floor vote. Such a resolution was never brought to the floor by Harry Reid. Why now, under GOP leadership?

Maybe there's some procedural thing I'm missing. But putting senators on the spot with an up-or-down vote on whether Climate Change™ exists, and leaving the question of whether it is human-caused up to individual senators to explain to their constituents after a "yes" vote, seems incredibly disingenuous on the part of Senate leadership.

And again, yes, it is true that the climate always changes. But we all should know that that is not the question they were being asked to vote on. The question was asked and the vote was taken in order to get senators on record saying that Climate Change™ in the context of the current debate is real. Leadership wants to give senatorial credibility to those who seek to move the manmade climate change lie forward. Leaving people like Inhofe dangling in the breeze, explaining that they weren't voting yes on THAT Climate Change™, but voting yes on the climate always changing.

The whole thing is just absurd.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 04:02:58 PM »
... and THIS, mere days after Hussein Obama proclaimed Climate Change™ to be the number one threat to our children and grandchildren. Mitch McConnell and the Pubbies put their official stamp of approval on that absurd declaration. Inhofe's context be damned. The vote is in the record book, 98-1.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 04:28:08 PM »
The whole thing is just absurd.

If it were merely absurd I wouldn't mind it so much. But (and of course I'm only repeating the sage words that y'all have already uttered) it is offensive and dangerous. It's idiotic unless you really believe it - and if you really believe it then you are evil.

And that's my point. I consciously make choices every day not to associate with idiots and evildoers. I won't waste my time attempting to sort out which one they are. Either way these senators have proven themselves to be people I. Do. Not. Wish. To. Be. Around. (annoying isn't it? ;')

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 05:29:27 PM »
If we have agreed to let the Senate function the way it used to, and I believe we have, then there are going to be resolutions and votes and amendments. That being said the choice becomes vote for the truth or vote for the lie.  Perhaps the argument that the resolution should contain more context is true, but it would have wasted time. This just takes the issue off the floor quickly and quietly.  Most people will never be aware of it, in my opinion, and therefore it was a useless ploy, unless they had got the opposition they wanted and could make a media spectacle of it.  They could not make a more specific resolution, because they would have justified opposition to it and we could have won that argument in public opinion. In fact, I think we already have.

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 06:18:38 PM »
Read this, my friend. There were two votes on this amendment - one vote affirming that Climate Change™ is not a hoax, another affirming that human beings cause Climate Change™.

Both aspects of the amendment passed, thanks to Republicans. Three dozen Republicans logged their opposition to the second part of the amendment - the remaining Republicans helped it pass overwhelmingly. Senators like Inhofe who protested are a big fat nothingburger related to the fact that the US Senate - in regard to legislation advancing the Keystone Pipline - has affirmed the underpinning of what Hussein Obama calls the "greatest threat" to the future of mankind.

They have handed him the justification for the veto he will pen.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 07:09:57 PM »
If we have agreed to let the Senate function the way it used to ....

Who, exactly, is we, kemosabe?  You got a mouse in yer pocket?

WE agreed to nothing of the kind.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »
The restoration of regular order in the Senate was campaigned on in the most recent election, and those who campaigned on that issue won, and the promise has been kept.  Individual Senators can make amendments and get votes.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/230495-senate-surpasses-2014-vote-total-in-one-week

I assume you are correct that there is no "we" except in the context of the American people who voted for the candidates who promised this.  Conservatives, in which I include myself, are so independent that we cut ourselves into smaller and smaller groups and therefore give up any hope of winning a majority and giving the advantage to the "group-think" mentality of the leftists.  We have, in this thread, relegated even the best allies we have to "idiots." 

IDP, there is a difference in "CAUSE" and "CONTRIBUTE TO", which was the actual wording of the amendment which did pass the over all Senate.  Still most GOP Senators voted against 2 of the three amendments. Only five liberal GOP Senators voted for the "CAUSE" wording which did not pass. Even if the President were to sign the bill, which he has already threatened to veto, the resolution is merely that. It has no force of law. I do not see this as a mountain upon which to die. There are plenty of things we I need to be prepared to die for, and to ask for and expect for my Senators and Representatives to fight for. I just think this was not one. It only served to divide us further and into smaller, less effective groups. 

There may truly be mountains we can fight and die on and for which we should be prepared to fight to the death over. 
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 10:36:45 AM »
 ::smalldeadhorse::

There is no hill the Pubbies will die on.  None.  Stop pretending there is, or at the very least stop telling us you pretend there is.

Obamacare is not getting repealed.  No level of treason is enough to get these gutless pukes to put impeachment back on the table.

These are not brave people, these are cowards.  If they had 1/10th the principles The Founders had perhaps we would not be suffering under these idiots.  Yes, you did get that part right, if the best of them can go along with such leadership blunders, then the term "idiot" fits perfectly.

And the proof is in the action...we Conservatives, Libertarians and anybody who professes to cherish Founding Principles...would perhaps grant some latitude to elected officials on the small stuff if they did SOMETHING on the big items, but they do nothing, they nibble here and there, throw unsupported amendments together to please the stupid among us to buy their BS that they tried, it failed, we don't have the votes so lets get back to being the better managers of the federal behemoth we yearn to be and you just shut the f**k up already!  The entire show is upside down...they cannot even muster the will to defeat the small stupid sh*t like this, and you think they are going to do jack squat on the truly serious matters?  No offense CHF, but where is your proof this fantasy world exists?

ACTIONS!  Where are the actions?   ::whatgives::

Your argument would have water if there were actions to back them up.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.