Author Topic: The Statist Checklist for Extremist Identification  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The Statist Checklist for Extremist Identification
« on: January 14, 2015, 08:11:19 AM »
It is a list of 72 types of Americans that are considered to be “extremists” or “potential terrorists” in official U.S. government documents.  This list will really give you a good idea of what Barack Obama means when he uses the word “extremist”.  Each of these 72 items is linked, so if you would like to go see the original source document for yourself, just click on the link.  As you can see, this list potentially includes most of the country…

1. Those that talk about “individual liberties”

2. Those that advocate for states’ rights

3. Those that want “to make the world a better place”

4. “The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule”

5. Those that are interested in “defeating the Communists”

6. Those that believe “that the interests of one’s own nation are separate from the interests of other nations or the common interest of all nations”

7. Anyone that holds a “political ideology that considers the state to be unnecessary, harmful,or undesirable”

8. Anyone that possesses an “intolerance toward other religions”

9. Those that “take action to fight against the exploitation of the environment and/or animals”

10. “Anti-Gay”

11. “Anti-Immigrant”

12. “Anti-Muslim”

13. “The Patriot Movement”

14. “Opposition to equal rights for gays and lesbians”

15. Members of the Family Research Council

16. Members of the American Family Association

17. Those that believe that Mexico, Canada and the United States “are secretly planning to merge into a European Union-like entity that will be known as the ‘North American Union’”

18. Members of the American Border Patrol/American Patrol

19. Members of the Federation for American Immigration Reform

20. Members of the Tennessee Freedom Coalition

21. Members of the Christian Action Network

22. Anyone that is “opposed to the New World Order”

23. Anyone that is engaged in “conspiracy theorizing”

24. Anyone that is opposed to Agenda 21

25. Anyone that is concerned about FEMA camps

26. Anyone that “fears impending gun control or weapons confiscations”

27. The militia movement

28. The sovereign citizen movement

29. Those that “don’t think they should have to pay taxes”

30. Anyone that “complains about bias”

31. Anyone that “believes in government conspiracies to the point of paranoia”

32. Anyone that “is frustrated with mainstream ideologies”

33. Anyone that “visits extremist websites/blogs”

34. Anyone that “establishes website/blog to display extremist views”

35. Anyone that “attends rallies for extremist causes”

36. Anyone that “exhibits extreme religious intolerance”

37. Anyone that “is personally connected with a grievance”

38. Anyone that “suddenly acquires weapons”

39. Anyone that “organizes protests inspired by extremist ideology”

40. “Militia or unorganized militia”

41. “General right-wing extremist”

42. Citizens that have “bumper stickers” that are patriotic or anti-U.N.

43. Those that refer to an “Army of God”

44. Those that are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”

45. Those that are “anti-global”

46. Those that are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”

47. Those that are “reverent of individual liberty”

48. Those that “believe in conspiracy theories”

49. Those that have “a belief that one’s personal and/or national ‘way of life’ is under attack”

50. Those that possess “a belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism”

51. Those that would “impose strict religious tenets or laws on society (fundamentalists)”

52. Those that would “insert religion into the political sphere”

53. Anyone that would “seek to politicize religion”

54. Those that have “supported political movements for autonomy”

55. Anyone that is “anti-abortion”

56. Anyone that is “anti-Catholic”

57. Anyone that is “anti-nuclear”

58. “Rightwing extremists”

59. “Returning veterans”

60. Those concerned about “illegal immigration”

61. Those that “believe in the right to bear arms”

62. Anyone that is engaged in “ammunition stockpiling”

63. Anyone that exhibits “fear of Communist regimes”

64. “Anti-abortion activists”

65. Those that are against illegal immigration

66. Those that talk about “the New World Order” in a “derogatory” manner

67. Those that have a negative view of the United Nations

68. Those that are opposed “to the collection of federal income taxes”

69. Those that supported former presidential candidates Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr

70. Those that display the Gadsden Flag (“Don’t Tread On Me”)

71. Those that believe in “end times” prophecies

72. Evangelical Christians

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-13/obama-declares-war-extremism-%E2%80%93-are-you-extremist

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Statist Checklist for Extremist Identification
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »
Whoever made up that list is a nut.  And an extremist.

This one:

38. Anyone that “suddenly acquires weapons”

Any weapon acquired is "sudden".  One day you don't have it, and then, suddenly, you do.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:41:08 AM »
I followed the links and came up with this little tidbit.

According to George and Wilcox, there are a number of specific traits or behaviors thattend to represent the extremist style. As a caution, we are all fallible human beings, and some of us may resort to these behaviors from time to time without bad intentions. Withextremists, these lapses are not occasional; rather, they are habitual and a stronglyestablished part of an extremist’s character.a.

Character assassination
Extremists often attack the character of an opponent rather than deal with the facts or issues raised. They will question motives, qualifications, past associations, alleged values, personality, looks, and mental health as a diversion from the issues under consideration. b.

Name calling and labeling
Extremists are quick to resort to taunts (e.g., pervert, racist, and crackpot) to label and condemn opponents and to divert others from listening to their arguments.c.

Irresponsive sweeping generalizations
Extremists tend to make sweeping claims or judgments with little to no evidence,often confusing similarity with sameness. That is, they assume that because two or more things are alike in some respects that they are alike in all respects.d.

Inadequate proof behind assertions
Extremists tend to be very fuzzy about what constitutes proof for their assertions and tend to get caught up in logical fallacies where they assume that a prior event explains a subsequent occurrence simply because of their before-and-after relationship. Theytend to project wished-for conclusions and exaggerate the significance of informationthat confirms their prejudices and discredit or ignore information that contradictsthem.e.

Tendency to view opponents and critics as essentially evil
Extremists feel that their opponents hold differing views because they are bad,immoral, dishonest, hateful, cruel, prejudiced, etc. and not merely because theysimply disagree, see matters differently, or are mistaken.

Dualism worldview
Extremists tend to see the world in terms of absolute good and evil, for them or against them, with no middle ground or intermediate position. All issues areultimately moral issues of right and wrong, good or bad, with the right and good  positions coinciding with their interests. Their slogan is often “Those who are notwith me are against me.”g.

Tendency to argue by intimidation
Extremists tend to frame their arguments in such a way as to intimidate others intoaccepting their premises and conclusions. To disagree with them is to ally oneself with the devil or to give aid and comfort to the enemy. They tend to be very judgmental and moralizing, allowing them to define the parameters of the debate bykeeping their opponents on the defensive.h.

Use of slogans, buzzwords, and thought-stopping clichés
For many extremists, shortcuts in thinking and in reasoning matters out seemnecessary to avoid troublesome facts and compelling counterarguments. Simpleslogans substitute for more complex abstractions.i.

Assumption of moral superiority over others
The most obvious assumptions are claims of racial or ethnic superiority—a master race. Less obvious are claims of ennoblement because of alleged victimhood, aspecial relationship with God, or membership in a special or elite class and a kind of aloof high-minded snobbishness that accrues because of the weightiness of their  preoccupations, their altruism, and their willingness to sacrifice themselves (and others) to their cause.

Libs are extremists! ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 10:52:51 AM »
At least that list is "inclusive" of muzzies and non-muzzies alike and only the dearly departed have no place on that list as they are no longer active in any of the listed attributes.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:06:27 AM »
I followed the links and came up with this little tidbit.

According to George and Wilcox, there are a number of specific traits or behaviors thattend to represent the extremist style. As a caution, we are all fallible human beings, and some of us may resort to these behaviors from time to time without bad intentions. Withextremists, these lapses are not occasional; rather, they are habitual and a stronglyestablished part of an extremist’s character.a.

Character assassination
Extremists often attack the character of an opponent rather than deal with the facts or issues raised. They will question motives, qualifications, past associations, alleged values, personality, looks, and mental health as a diversion from the issues under consideration. b.

Name calling and labeling
Extremists are quick to resort to taunts (e.g., pervert, racist, and crackpot) to label and condemn opponents and to divert others from listening to their arguments.c.

Irresponsive sweeping generalizations
Extremists tend to make sweeping claims or judgments with little to no evidence,often confusing similarity with sameness. That is, they assume that because two or more things are alike in some respects that they are alike in all respects.d.

Inadequate proof behind assertions
Extremists tend to be very fuzzy about what constitutes proof for their assertions and tend to get caught up in logical fallacies where they assume that a prior event explains a subsequent occurrence simply because of their before-and-after relationship. Theytend to project wished-for conclusions and exaggerate the significance of informationthat confirms their prejudices and discredit or ignore information that contradictsthem.e.

Tendency to view opponents and critics as essentially evil
Extremists feel that their opponents hold differing views because they are bad,immoral, dishonest, hateful, cruel, prejudiced, etc. and not merely because theysimply disagree, see matters differently, or are mistaken.

Dualism worldview
Extremists tend to see the world in terms of absolute good and evil, for them or against them, with no middle ground or intermediate position. All issues areultimately moral issues of right and wrong, good or bad, with the right and good  positions coinciding with their interests. Their slogan is often “Those who are notwith me are against me.”g.

Tendency to argue by intimidation
Extremists tend to frame their arguments in such a way as to intimidate others intoaccepting their premises and conclusions. To disagree with them is to ally oneself with the devil or to give aid and comfort to the enemy. They tend to be very judgmental and moralizing, allowing them to define the parameters of the debate bykeeping their opponents on the defensive.h.

Use of slogans, buzzwords, and thought-stopping clichés
For many extremists, shortcuts in thinking and in reasoning matters out seemnecessary to avoid troublesome facts and compelling counterarguments. Simpleslogans substitute for more complex abstractions.i.

Assumption of moral superiority over others
The most obvious assumptions are claims of racial or ethnic superiority—a master race. Less obvious are claims of ennoblement because of alleged victimhood, aspecial relationship with God, or membership in a special or elite class and a kind of aloof high-minded snobbishness that accrues because of the weightiness of their  preoccupations, their altruism, and their willingness to sacrifice themselves (and others) to their cause.

Libs are extremists! ::laughonfloor::

I was going to say that this fits Øbozo to a "T"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 11:24:22 AM »
Poster Boy for Extremism...all Barry does is destroy...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
I am an extremist, even without this list. All I have to do is look around me at the vast majority seeking whatever means necessary to hang onto the facade that America is still "the land of the free; home of the brave", and gut-check my own beliefs that they are all fools. I know in my heart, my views are extreme relative to them.

I suspect that our founders felt much the same, when the vast majority of their generation viewed themselves as subjects of the King. They understood that they were extremists.

Our government and culture would have the population believe that extremism is in itself a negative quality. But "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice." It is necessary and good.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 07:45:29 AM »
Sad that those who actually believe in upholding the Constitution are labeled "extremists".
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 07:59:06 AM »
Sad that those who actually believe in upholding the Constitution are labeled "extremists".

Just because they say so doesn't make them right or us wrong!  In fact, it is the exact opposite!! 

We have the Founders and their documents and writings, patriots past and present, our clean conscious...and Natural Law and the Good Lord on our side, and I'll take that over their lies and corrupt power and stolen wealth any day!  When the stuff hits the fan we'll see who's willing to put their life on the line for their beliefs!!!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 02:17:08 PM »

The only think missing in that picture is Darth Soros quoting, "your work is done here my friend now go back to your command Mosque and await my orders."
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »

Just as were those who created it. We can at least take comfort in that fact that we are in good company.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 07:04:13 AM »

The only think missing in that picture is Darth Soros quoting, "your work is done here my friend now go back to your command Mosque and await my orders."

Here he is...that Sith is always just out of view...but always behind every major piece of evil scheme!!!

Destroy the Sith!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 07:05:44 AM »

Just as were those who created it. We can at least take comfort in that fact that we are in good company.

AMEN!!!