Author Topic: Own Your Precinct  (Read 826 times)

charlesoakwood

Own Your Precinct
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »
Three Open Secrets Captioned Part 1

Own your precinct
If you’ve read even one of  ColdWarrior’s posts, then you know the importance of Precinct Activism.  

Get the precinct voter list FREE.  I worked the grass roots and got elected secretary and quit because it was totally controlled. This is the first thing I've witnessed that enables us to move the candidacy to the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTL1IIYBZCw&feature=player_embedded#at=327

HT's:
http://www.redstate.com/users/coldwarrior/
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/315397.php
http://www.heritagealliance.com/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Own Your Precinct
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:04:04 AM »
I asked my precinct chair for his job, he invited me to the next meeting, can't wait to see what I am up against.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »
This "Heritage Alliance" appears to be a Texas-only organization. I would wager that every state has their own version. Whether or not each state's version is as organized and effective is a pertinent question though. I know here in MN we have "Minnesota Majority", "Taxpayer's League", and a couple single-issue groups that do a pretty good job trying to inform primary voters. But Heritage Alliance seems to be extremely organized and well-funded.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »

I misunderstood. I thought it was part of the Heritage Foundation.  That precinct list can be expensive and I thought this to be the best workaround the established system I've seen to get a conservative on the ballot.  Get the list and do your own work.  Someone here, Don?, has bought two website names to do local and state work.  This list fits in his business.  We bought a state list once and the price was grand getting free lists opens the door.  The Republican Party is in self-perpetuation mode even down to the precinct and that's where we can stick a shoe in their gearworks.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »

I misunderstood. I thought it was part of the Heritage Foundation.  That precinct list can be expensive and I thought this to be the best workaround the established system I've seen to get a conservative on the ballot.  Get the list and do your own work.  Someone here, Don?, has bought two website names to do local and state work.  This list fits in his business.  We bought a state list once and the price was grand getting free lists opens the door.  The Republican Party is in self-perpetuation mode even down to the precinct and that's where we can stick a shoe in their gearworks.

The whole premise is absolutely sound. It would seem to me to be a natural outgrowth of the Tea Party movement for a national organization to spring up that would provide primary voters with the tools conservatives need in order to effectively take control of the party. This "Heritage Alliance" needs to either be replicated in each state, or expanded nationally.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson