Author Topic: Short Myers Briggs Personality test  (Read 7732 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Short Myers Briggs Personality test
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:16:49 PM »
Decided I wanted to see what this would say about my kids..

http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

My son  is INTP, Daughter is ENFJ
I am INTJ and Michelle is ISTP.. ( and in theory I can't get along with her at all :)

Edited to correct typo in thread title: IDP
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:36:07 PM by IronDioPriest »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Short Myers Briggs Personality test
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »
ESFJ.  Turns out I don't know who I am after all.   ::unknowncomic::

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:36:27 PM by IronDioPriest »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 03:01:59 PM »
ISTJ  That book was written about me.  I wish I could remember the results when I did this test some 35 years ago.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:36:44 PM by IronDioPriest »
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 03:25:22 PM »
ISFP.

I've taken the full test administered by an aptitude assessment professional, and I came up INFJ, which seems a lot more like me. Not sure what skewed my results here. Unless I've changed pretty dramatically since I took the full test several years ago.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:37:09 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 04:28:31 PM »
Interesting. I remain NSFW LOL.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:16:32 AM »
ISTJ  That book was written about me.  I wish I could remember the results when I did this test some 35 years ago.

ISTJ here.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 08:33:08 AM »
Short or long version, always the same - INTJ.  Though some who know me think it is actually spelled JERK.    :D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
I am seeing a pattern :) 

Pan is the only extrovert ( and my guess is she is lying)  or she took the test wrong somehow. ::oldman::
And we  all mostly use the judging strategy.

I agree also that IDP is probably more INFJ-- the professional test is longer so it wears you down, and they can see if you answer consistently the same way to the same questions phrased a little differently.   It also defends against you answering the way you would like to be vs. how you are..but change is possible. I expected a different result, but apparently not - except I have become FAR more introverted.  In college I actually tested as an extrovert. I have since discovered that I really don't like other people after all, and the last thing I want to do is "lead" them..

I suspect that almost all strong conservatives are going to be introverts.  We just don't want the Herd meddling with us.

Short or long version, always the same - INTJ.  Though some who know me think it is actually spelled JERK.    :D

Yes, its spelled Jerk in the real world.  I rather suspected we would be the same. We make up something like 1-2% of the population.
The Psychologists also want to use a INTJ result to indicate a Aspergery diagnosis.  Yeah, whatever you say , you social-sciences studying  lower life form. :)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »
I am seeing a pattern :) 

Pan is the only extrovert ( and my guess is she is lying)  or she took the test wrong somehow. ::oldman::

I agree also that IDP is probably more INFJ-- the professional test is longer so it wears you down, and they can see if you answer consistently the same way to the same questions phrased a little differently.   It also defends against you answering the way you would like to be vs. how you are..but change is possible. I expected a different result, but apparently not - except I have become FAR more introverted.  In college I actually tested as an extrovert. I have since discovered that I really don't like other people after all, and the last thing I want to do is "lead" them..

I suspect that almost all strong conservatives are going to be introverts.  We just don't want the Herd meddling with us.

Yes, its spelled Jerk in the real world.  I rather suspected we would be the same. We make up something like 1-2% of the population.
The Psychologists also want to use a INTJ result to indicate a Aspergery diagnosis.  Yeah, whatever you say , you social-sciences studying  lower life form. :)

They just hate us because we are intelligent and immune to their herding techniques.

I have only begun to annoy them.   :D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 12:22:47 PM »
.... Pan is the only extrovert ( and my guess is she is lying)  or she took the test wrong somehow. ::oldman::   ...

I'm not an extrovert.  I didn't lie. (You lookin' ta peck a fight, boy?)   I gave a lot of thought to my answers, maybe too much and that's where things went "wrong".  I'm not "popular" and don't care to be, 'sides I don't have many friends.  I don't have difficulty introducing myself and I walk through the center of the room upon arrival anywhere in order to find my host/hostess -- because that's the proper and polite way to behave -- rather than skirt along the wall.  I do know the truth hurts, but if you ask my few friends if that ever kept me quiet, they'll look at you like you're crazy and ask if you've met me.

All I know is I'm the judgingest person I've ever met.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 02:17:01 PM »
 ::popcorn::

I saw that coming as soon as I read it...

;D

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 03:19:20 PM »
I'm not "popular" and don't care to be, 'sides I don't have many friends.  I don't have difficulty introducing myself and I walk through the center of the room upon arrival anywhere in order to find my host/hostess -- because that's the proper and polite way to behave -- rather than skirt along the wall.  I do know the truth hurts, but if you ask my few friends if that ever kept me quiet, they'll look at you like you're crazy and ask if you've met me.

Yeah, you must not have answered right.  In this sense extrovert means you ENJOY and WANT TO deal with other people, not so much if its "difficult"   
If you feel exhausted after a evening out with strangers (or in crowds) you are probably and introvert.  If  that gives you more energy ( sucked and stolen right off of the introverts I  guarantee you) then you are an extrovert.  You should read the question as "Would you prefer to meet and greet the host/hostest and then hug the wall talking to just a few people, or would you relish having to talk to every Tom, Dick, Harry, Jane and Jill at the shindig on the way to greet the host/hostess?"

I was once classified as Extrovert too - I had a job in Sales where I would constantly be giving presentations and having meals with strangers.. and yeah back in college I would gain more energy from that interaction.  I was still a jerk- I just made an effort to make sure everyone knew it.

To a certain degree I still like meeting people  but now its more like data mining - after all, I already have a wife (I always wanted mental intercourse on the first date)  and a few close friends. Like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory,  having any more friends would mean someone has to go.. so   don't waste my time with chit chat about the weather. Tell me who you are, and what you have learned and why you would be worth the effort of "incorporating another person"  into my circle of friends.  Give me the elevator pitch, because 2 minutes is all you have. ...

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:47:32 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 03:59:27 PM »
INTJ here too.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 04:00:04 PM »

;D

Well I saw it coming as soon as I wrote it.. so still have you beat :)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 04:21:05 PM »

;D

No human can defeat me!   :D

Hey, I like popcorn.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »
INTJ here too.

That this group is only supposed to be 2% of the general population and is emerging predominate here is not a surprise, and most everyone I think is a J, and most are I's and the N's and S's are interchangeable with the T's and F's.

Besides, this is more a soft default than hard one in many cases, it is not impossible for differing types to agree on something, it might just take different paths and more or less time to get to the same place, all that is required is a mind open to question itself and accept new data.

For example, I've always been an INTJ whenever I've taken this, and this type typically is pretty certain of itself and sometimes struggles with those who do not see the wisdom we think is so obvious...but I am not so wedded to an idea that if given the proper data I am incapable of adopting a new understanding, but where I am certain I am certain.  It is what it is.

Some outfits I've been with took it too far, had people's group included on their fricken cubicle/office nameplate.  They wanted you to understand the person who might be different than you when approaching them with some work task.  Screw that noise!  Either you are open to ideas or you are a close-minded dogmatic tool unable tho think and reason!

There I go again.  Of course my opinion matters most, naturally.   ;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »

;D

It's not nice to poke the lioness ........  ::vafancoul::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 09:51:45 PM »

It's not nice to poke the lioness ........  ::vafancoul::
Its not my fault the lioness didn't take the test right :)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 11:11:11 PM »
Yes it is.  ;D