Author Topic: STS-134: Endeavour's last flight  (Read 6550 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: STS-134: Endeavour's last flight
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 08:23:52 PM »

Johnson carried the space program as a political torch to keep the Kennedyites lit up and from coming after him.  The program was his version of "one for the Gipper".

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 08:37:24 PM »
Here's the launch video:  It's high enough resolution so you can watch it in full screen mode.

STS-134 Space Shuttle Endeavour Final launch

We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »
And here's a pretty wild-looking photo of Endeavour entering the cloud bank just after liftoff, courtesy NSF.com.

We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
....But the REAL news is, WDGD? (What Did Gabby Do?) Cuz ya know... well on second thought I betchya didn't know, and that's why the media must remind us incessantly... St. Gabby's husband is a heroic astronaut!!! What would we do without the media to make sure we understand the important aspects of the news?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 04:55:51 AM »

When the shuttle retires we are left to rely on the Rooskies for rides into space...

::facepalm::

I want to know when they're going to "retire" Gabby Giffords . Sad as her situation is , how long can one be a Representative In Absentia ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 06:33:47 AM »

When the shuttle retires we are left to rely on the Rooskies for rides into space...

::facepalm::

I want to know when they're going to "retire" Gabby Giffords . Sad as her situation is , how long can one be a Representative In Absentia ?

Yeah well, the only thing you can count on for sure is that the DemonRats will do whatever it takes to ensure the seat remains in their control, her fate be damned!

Frankly, I am disappointed in her hubby...if it was my spouse I would urge her to walk away from this crap and come home.  But not everybody is rational and puts family first now days I guess...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »
Here's a series of NASA TV replays of the launch, from all the various cameras around the launch pad.  They're all worth watching, but the third one is the coolest, in my opinion.

STS-134 Space Shuttle Endeavour Final launch Replays
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 09:14:09 PM »
And of course, with the space shuttle in orbit on its sunset voyage, the news of it today was not complete without the accompanying news that St. Gabby will be having part of her skull repaired.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
And of course, with the space shuttle in orbit on its sunset voyage, the news of it today was not complete without the accompanying news that St. Gabby will be having part of her skull repaired.

Should have done that before the shooting.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie