Topics > Judiciary, Crime, & Courts

Remember those reporters Obama went after to cough up their sources?

(1/1)

Libertas:
CIA officer free pending sentencing after conviction of leaking classified info.

This whole thing just stinks to high heaven.  Why is it that I cannot shake the thought from my head that this whole thing was engineered to both leak what was leaked and to target reporters and instill a climate of fear into the media and the bureaucracy to not dick with Executive Power?

If I am wrong about this, please, someone show me where I am in error...I would really like to be proven wrong in this case, because if I am right the future looks even darker than it did a minute ago!

IronDioPriest:
I've had similar thoughts about Julian Assange and Edward Snowden.

What better way to make an entire population suddenly question every public or private electronic communication, than to have "traitors" - unavailable and therefore unaccountable to our justice system - reveal that no ones private information is safe from government eyes and ears?

In hindsight the revelations of those two men was like a grand announcement: You now live under a surveillance state. I speculate that the possibility exists that that announcement came directly from our government.

Alphabet Soup:

--- Quote --- The case against Sterling was largely circumstantial — there were no recorded phone conversations or captured e-mail exchanges that show that he leaked classified information to Risen — and that required prosecutors’ to delve deeply into Sterling’s work and the details of Risen’s book.
--- End quote ---

Evidence - we don need no steeenkin evidence!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version