Author Topic: Seattle Statists to Shame and Fine Residents for Tossing Out Food  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/curtis-kalin/seattle-fine-residents-throwing-food-garbage

This is an easy one to dick with...

Mark your garbage cans "Not Trash...Free Food" and roll 'em out.  If nobody takes it, tough.  If it starts to stink, tough.  If neighbors bitch, tough.  You were just trying to do the compassionate thing and be a good citizen in your hyper-enlightened city and give food to the needy...

::angel::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Seattle Statists to Shame and Fine Residents for Tossing Out Food
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:44:53 PM »
They're not talking about food, they're talking about "food" garbage, you know, the parts of food one doesn't eat, like orange peels and coffee grounds.  The environazis want that stuff put into the compost bins instead of with the regular garbage.  Now that their damn rules have been clarified, I say BAH, who died and made them god?  But, hey, it's Seattle, so I figure the voters get what they elected.

Despite our regular garden, we still haven't made a compost pile, which would be a good place to put the coffee grounds, but all the vegetable detritus goes to CHF's chickens.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »
   This is the stuff nightmares are made of. How do they enforce this crap?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:31:19 PM »
   This is the stuff nightmares are made of. How do they enforce this crap?

Good question.

It doesn't go into effect until July (when the warm weather gets going and things can really pitch a stink!). Fortunately I'm not a Seattlunatic so I'm not affected.

I don't see how it can be enforceable - It's so idiotic on the face of it, it's poorly written, and it is entirely subjective as to what constitutes a violation. The most immediate reaction I foresee is people dumping food waste instead of tossing it in the garbage. It's better to leave it on the back of your car and take off than to risk getting ticketed by the garbage Nazis.

I'm sure I'll read about dead cats left for the garbagemen and bullet holes in the garbage trucks too.

Oh well - that's the price of being a snitch.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 08:25:08 PM »
Sounds like a good excuse for the government to search your garbage regularly.  I pity the person with the job, truly I do. I know what my garbage smells like.....and I suspect it WOULD get worse, after this policy goes into effect.....I have terrible stomach problems and sometimes something awful does end up in the trash cans.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 07:16:12 AM »
You know what they'll do, they'll provide at taxpayer expense bins to put that stuff into, give a sweetheart contract to a vendor who is tight with key members of the city council to pick this stuff up, and bring it all to a taxpayer funded compost site.  Just like the recycling BS.  Sheeple get to think they got free bins and get to brag about how Gaia-centric they are, council has more power over people and their cronies get rich and in turn kick into council members reelection coffers...everybody wins...except the taxpayers...but they are largely sheep anyway so who cares...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 09:41:37 AM »
Rush was talking about this earlier this week.  Apparently, they intend to flag the garbage can of offenders so as to publicly shame them.  As much as they would hate the comparison, liberals are the intellectual offspring of rigid puritanicalism. They've tossed out any pretense toward serving God, obviously, but they've created new ersatz gods in the form of "the Earth," "social justice," "equality," and so on. They are otherwise very much like those puritans of the past, eager to hunt down witches, eager to brand violators.

I find it amusing that liberals look at stories like the Scarlet Letter and immediately look for comparisons with conservatism, when far closer comparisons can be found in a mirror. They're liberals though, so they have no capacity for cognitive dissonance. It's all about what serves their ambitions right here, right now, in this particular instance.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 09:49:28 AM »
Next, they'll be putting yellow stars of David on buildings...or tea bags...or...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »
  I say find out where the idiots that passed this and start putting the crap in front of their homes.And I don't mean just on trash day.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 02:30:31 PM »
When I heard that they were planning to red-flag the cans my immediate thought was to go around the neighborhoods and move the tags to anyone who had Øbongo bumper stickers.

Let the hilarity ensue!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 02:32:08 PM »
Heh.  Good idea 'Soup!   ::evil::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 04:08:08 PM »
I would also put ridiculously exaggerated red ribbons all over my trash can.  It would look like an Oscar Award show from the early 90s when red AIDS ribbons were the cause of the day.

- Yours Truly

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 04:47:32 PM »
"Next, they'll be putting yellow stars of David on buildings...or tea bags...or..."

Just finished watching the History channel "sons of Liberty" mini series and one of the tactics that Samuel Adams utilized was to paint a large white T on any torrey shop so that shoppers would boycott their businesses. Perhaps this tactic could be used to identify the nutjobs who voted for this PC policy should have a large dark brown C for compost pile, painted on their front doors.

as for the yellow stars of david, I am sure any of us on this site have large appropriately coded signs on our NSA files already. It's when they knock on our door and tell us to sew a facsimile of such on our jackets things may be coming unglued.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 07:37:19 PM »
Public  shaming of people? Liberals are incapable of feeling that emotion.
Everything they do, think or say is awesome.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »

Of course, that's because they are perfect in all regards.  It's we who are to be shamed, and don't you just know we deserve it with our refusal to accept AGW theology, and our unchecked white privilege.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 10:16:53 PM »

You're right. They are incapable of shame. What they do is mis-translate it into indignation. Funny as hell to see klowns who are invariably guilty as all get-out attempting to play sanctimony and feigned victimization. So they deserve it - whether they do or not ;')

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 06:40:54 AM »