Author Topic: 2011 NFL Draft  (Read 2463 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
2011 NFL Draft
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:1

Of the surprises, my hometown Vikings taking QB Christian Ponder out of FSU with the 12th pick.  Many are lighting up the Vikings for reaching for him that high after 3 QB's flew off the board, and I think there is some validity to the claims they panicked a bit, but if they think this guy can be their future signal caller, it falls upon them to do whatever they can to make it so.  Some speculate he could've been there in the 2nd round, but I doubt it.  Vikings don't pick till 11th and with the Bills, Bengals, Cardinals and Redskins picking ahead of them I doubt Ponder would've been there at 11.

I thought they had a shot at Gabbert once Locker went to Tennessee, but Jacksonville shocked me when they took Gabbert.  My next choice, Watts, got snagged by Houston so my favorites evaporated quickly.  I was thinking OL at that point.

Anyway, I like Ponder, good arm, smart...it will be interesting to see how the team brings him along, taking a guy this high at the already high-profile position of QB puts a lot of pressure on everyone to see this work.  I hope it does, time will tell.

As for Caroliona and the top pick, I have my doubts Cam Newton can be an effective NFL QB, I think Von Miller was the lead-pipe-cinch stud of this draft and he would've been my choice for top pick.

I'll make a prediction right now that Ponder outshines Newton in the NFL.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: 2011 NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 08:51:21 AM »
I don't follow college sports so I don't know the first thing about any of them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 09:11:16 AM »
I see where the moonbat judges favored the labor unions (nfl players) once again.  ::evil::

Now, lets see, thousands of players collude (union membership) against 32 guys/gals, but the courts decide that it is unfair for 32 guys to collude against the union collusionists.  ::evil::

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
I see where the moonbat judges favored the labor unions (nfl players) once again.  ::evil::

Now, lets see, thousands of players collude (union membership) against 32 guys/gals, but the courts decide that it is unfair for 32 guys to collude against the union collusionists.  ::evil::

Yeah, and certified/uncerterfied union is undefeated in litigation since the inception of the league.  That a judge can find cause for "irreperable harm" in league action regarding the players (who are fricken millionaires too and many also get gobs of money from outside gigs!) but pooh-pooh potential league chaos if the players get their way in everything is simply stunning.

Chaos will come.  Cough up more to players, cut into ownership capital...troubled/losing teams will fold, and more players (aka employees) will get kicked to the curb!  How's that gonna work for ya?!  Just like everything unions touch...it will eventually be destroyed.

Idiots.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »
I say good riddance anyway!!

I'm tired of Sunday TV programming being screwed up with boring crap like football games everyweek!! The sooner they shut down, the better!!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"