Author Topic: List of potential GOP nominees category .....Establishment, Anti-, or both?  (Read 25578 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Laughed at the failure to pull out pic. Kudos.

Are there any conservative leaning potential candidates who were missed on this list?

I look at what Daniels, and especially Pence have accomplished and i see a great deal of good. I think they do not toe the line for anyone, but probably do what they think is right each time. Santorum is strongly pro-life, but has some other serious failings.  Rubio has ONE very MAJOR failing, but has stood on the right side on most others. I never thought he was electable in the first place, since politicians have become pretty if vacuous and he is an ugly thoughtful sort of statesman.

(I stipulate that I am in the minority on the issue of should there be a firing squad for people who do not agree with me 100% of the time and I accept that there are those here, who I admire and enjoy their opinions, but feel like there is no possible political solution.)

I will still vote for the best choice I have, until I feel like the better choice is that the Dems win and take the blame for what they do instead of a RINO who will just aid and abet and give them cover.

There are some on the list that I count as no way......let Hillary be elected and take the blame instead:

Chris Christie, Governor of New Jersey since 2010
    Lindsey Graham, U.S. Senator from South Carolina since 2003
    George Pataki, Governor of New York 1995–2006
    Bob Ehrlich, Governor of Maryland 2003–2007
    Carly Fiorina, former business executive and nominee for the U.S. Senate from California in 2010
    Peter King, U.S. Representative from New York since 1993

?Rand Paul, U.S. Senator from Kentucky since 2011?

?Donald Trump, business magnate and television personality from New York?

“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
There are several people on your list who fall into the same general category: Proud big-government Republicans who happen to be pro-life.

Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum top that list. Jeb Bush is another. Lindsey Graham. These are all guys who can easliy be called "liberal" with a straight face, who have garnered support in the past because of the single-issue evangelical vote against abortion.

None of them will ever get my vote. I'll sit out. And I'm staunchly pro-life.

But abortion is not an issue that will be solved via presidential politics. If my only choice is between a liberal Republican and a liberal Democrat, I'm not voting.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
One of the ideals I have is about leadership in generally the right direction.  There are two issues I agree with Sen. Graham on. I would rather have him in the Senate than Fritz Hollings for example. But, I still could not even hold my nose and vote for him as President.  Santorum is an odd duck, and you are right that he and Huckabee are bad. Perhaps too bad. I am trying to draw a line and say this is where I will not pass. Honestly not sure I can do it.

Think about President Hillary after already 8 years of suffering.  I just do not think we can take another four. The question is, will it be just as bad with the GOP guy, so it just becomes a share the blame situation? Tough calls. That's what makes it"fun!" (Not blind yet, but do need glasses!)
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: List of potential GOP nominees category .....Establishment, Anti-, or both?
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 08:32:25 AM »
Think about President Hillary after already 8 years of suffering.  I just do not think we can take another four. The question is, will it be just as bad with the GOP guy, so it just becomes a share the blame situation? Tough calls. That's what makes it"fun!" (Not blind yet, but do need glasses!)

It is a tough call,  until you realize that they are working together.  A President Hillary will obey the puppet masters while trying to appear to be liberal.  President  RINO-crap will obey the puppet masters while trying to appear moderate. The SAME COURSE OF EVENTS WILL BE FOLLOWED in BOTH CASES. Only the narrative of the Kabuki theater will change in order to explain those events.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 01:11:46 PM »
Jindal is fo sho on the wrong list. He's  RINO first class. ::pullhair::

I saw him as one willing to try establishment ideas, but also willing to reject them....like he has done with common core.  Surely not a first-choice sort of guy, but not hopeless either. Of course, there are surely things about him I do not know. Would love to hear more about your perspective, though i do not see him making it through the first round....he is too unpopular in his own state.

The whole story would include how he was for it in the beginning and helped get it implemented. Then when it became unpopular, he turned against it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »
   Hell why not go for slow Joe or Joe hair plugs. and call it a day!!   Can you imagine the balls on Graham to even think he has a shot?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 04:36:44 PM »
  Romney pulled out.
I don't think so John...

::exitstageleft::

Boy I needed a good laugh. You were just at the right moment.

Rabbits breed like Mormons!   ::rolllaughing::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 05:22:37 PM »
Drudge is running a poll .. None of the Above isn't on the list

As of right now results are :

Bush  4.74%  (13,790 votes) 

Carson  7.23%  (21,012 votes) 

Christie  1.48%  (4,305 votes) 

Cruz  13.60%  (39,548 votes) 

Fiorina  0.55%  (1,592 votes) 

Huckabee  1.49%  (4,343 votes) 

Palin  3.68%  (10,704 votes) 

Paul  12.55%  (36,487 votes) 

Perry  1.58%  (4,596 votes) 

Rubio  3.80%  (11,045 votes) 

Santorum  0.75%  (2,173 votes) 

Trump  1.45%  (4,214 votes) 

Walker  47.10%  (136,935 votes) 

Total Votes: 290,744

so Walker  is a runaway  according to 300,000 Drudge readers.
But you know he isn't going to get nominated.  Even if Soros has to pay liberals to go to caucus and pretend to be conservative. ( and you bet  they have a list of registered Republicans who never caucus)

I can't believe Bush has anything close to 5% . Guess we have morons on our side as well.  Or the Soros operatives are already at work.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 08:19:05 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:12 AM »
Carson's numbers seem too high to me too, and I sense a disturbance in The Force, as if a faceless Sith Lord is orchestrating his chances as one of the wedges seperating the nomination from the anti-Ruling Class candidates...

And I am pretty sure this is the main architect...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2015, 09:12:02 AM »
  I have no beef with Carson but he's not even close to knowing anything about running a city town or country. We just had a know nothing and we all saw how well that went.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »
  I have no beef with Carson but he's not even close to knowing anything about running a city town or country. We just had a know nothing and we all saw how well that went.
I was thinking of having Carson do a postmortem on Obama after his hanging. Perhaps science can learn something though I doubt it.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 11:09:38 AM »
I was thinking of having Carson do a postmortem on Obama after his hanging. Perhaps science can learn something though I doubt it.

Crack the head, find nothing.  Look in the crack, find more than you ever cared to see!   ::hysterical::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2015, 11:22:01 AM »
Carson fumbled the ball on the 2nd Amendment.  At this point I think most of his support is due to conservatives stupidly playing by the Left's rule book of identity politics.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »
Meanwhile, over at Tepid Air - they are running their own poll

Mitt Romney
29%
Ben Carson
15%
Ted Cruz
9%
Write-in
7%
Sarah Palin
6%
Scott Walker
6%
Rand Paul
5%
Jeb Bush
4%
Mike Huckabee
4%
Allen West
3%
Marco Rubio
3%
Chris Christie
3%
Paul Ryan
2%
John Kasich
1%
Bobby Jindal
1%
Rick Perry
1%
Rick Santorum
1%
Jim Demint
1%
Total Votes: 33,621

Um yeah. "Conservative Moderates"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 06:54:58 AM »
You mean of course "non-conservative moderates"!

Heh - "Total Votes: 33,696"   ::hysterical::

You know these are Prog's playing in Tepid waters!  Mitt (who bowed out) is ahead, and even in WI (over Walker) and TX (over Cruz and Perry) and in KY (over Paul) and tied in AK (with Palin)?

Come on?!  This is obviously Moron.Org, DailyKooks, PuffHo, NPR, OFA and all the rest of the sewer-crawlers on the left jumping into a moderate forum and screwing with people!!!

These 30-something pimple-assed fetal-alcohol-syndrome slope-eyed drooling moonbats are probably still in their jammies in mommies basement giggling like four year olds thinking they just pulled a brilliant maneuver, when in actuality all they did was expose themselves as frauds
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 06:33:17 AM by Libertas »

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/02/the_time_is_right_for_cruz_control.html

<Cruz Control for America?  Damned right.

These times call for someone who does not fear the media, the Democrats, oor the Washington/New York Republican establishment.  We need someone who will plant a flag and draw a line in the sand, and mean it.  These times require someone who realizes that the biggest threat to the country today is Washington – a realization that for too long America has been held hostage to "how Washington works," when it's Washington that should operate in light of how America works.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/02/the_time_is_right_for_cruz_control.html#ixzz3QwUioRvr
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
>

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2015, 07:07:57 AM »
There is the not completely unsettled question of eligibility to run for President with respect to the the "natural born citizen" requirement.

There is much debate over the meaning of the term, mostly by those who like to quibble for one reason or another, and it crosscuts people up and down the entire spectrum.

To me the answer is obvious - natural born, as the Founders I am certain meant it, meant being born in the United States (or it's territories, possessions and embassies) to natural born parents, period.  The only exception per Article II Section I is the "at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution" qualifier because, naturally, many of the Founders and leading citizens of the day were not native born Americans.  That's it, that is the requirement regardless if people like it or not, and regardless any bullshyt legislation like the Corrupt Bargain given by Senator's Obama & Clinton in 2008 that stated John McCain is "a natural born citizen".  Per the definition above, he was a natural born citizen as the canal zone was under US military jurisdiction and sanctioned by the Hay-Herran Treaty in 1903, McCain was born in 1936, both of his parents were born in the US (Iowa and Oklahoma).  So, why was legislation that is not needed for McCain put forth?  To gloss over any irregularities someone might dig up on Obama, obviously!  His father, at best, was a Kenyan...giving him more of a need to bogus legislation than McCain, but McCain served as a surrogate for Obama and sadly did not have the good character to object to being made a fool of.

Anyway, back to Cruz...

Cruz is claiming natural born status through the anchor-baby method - his mother...because his father, like Obama's, was not born in the United States, but like the pass given Obama, what people have to do now is decide how many wrongs make a right...if ever.

I will be consistent, I say Obama has never been eligible, will never be eligible and will eventually be shown not to be eligible...and for the same reason Cruz is not eligible.  (Sadly, even if the latter is proved, I doubt any of his legacy will be thrown out by the courts...citing chaos and instability blah blah blah, they'll leave it to congress and the new executive to sort out!)

But we are in the era of anything goes so I expect the great many of Americans will go along with the new precedent that is set...much to their eventual ruin I suspect, but, whatever...I am with The Founders or I am with nobody.

And I fully expect to see the MFM flip the other way and not have any qualms at all about assailing Cruz's qualifications.

And I am making this determination on the facts, not because I do not like Cruz, I do, he has been a fighter on many fronts.  I think his best legal opportunity to do good is as perhaps a future majority leader in the Senate or as a sitting Justice on the SCOTUS, if we have any time left...

My two bits, for what its worth...

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2015, 07:54:35 AM »
Well, that appears to me to be a settled question.....right or wrong....but settled.  Our choice is to place ourselves at a disadvantage and say our guy who is vastly more qualified than their guy cannot be allowed to serve, even if he wins, because he is our guy.  That means we lose in the end. We bring the proverbial knife to the gun fight one more time, with the same inevitable result.

We demand a higher standard of our guys than they do, and I like that, but it is a losing proposition. Look how many Democrats are sitting in Congress, the Senate, and Governors mansions that would NOT be tolerated by us if they were in our party.

Does it make us better than the Dems? Yes.

Does it also make us losers in the long run? Yes.

Which means we box ourselves into being losers and eventually having no choice but to fight a battle which we will certainly lose yet again, but that time ends with us all dead.

We have to do a better job of playing to WIN so it never comes to that bad end.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 12:32:32 PM »
It's coming to a violent end no matter what, Liberty is yielding by the hour and there is little evidence of significant evidence to the contrary.

That is not defeatist or cynical, it just is.  It's like recognizing water can give life, produce food and wash things and it can also kill you if you don't respect it, the former benefits do not wish away the latter danger.

We can argue over the "when" IMO, not the "if".

And I do not accept the premise that declaring Cruz ineligible to run for President is on par with embracing losing.  Foisting false conservatives as nominees as is the norm for the GOP, is embracing...actually encouraging, losing.  Declaring one man ineligible should not translate into losing unless there is no other/better options.  If we have come to the crossroads where Candidate A who is ineligible is the only decent candidate and all others (legal or otherwise challenged) are horrible...I don't think we have to burden ourselves with an inordinate amount of concern...Candidate A even if fully eligible will stand zero chance of a nomination let alone the office.  I don't think we are quite there yet, and there are equally acceptable candidates to Cruz (and one better IMO) at this point.

As for playing to win, the keys to that template were thrown out as of 1-20-1989.  We were told, no more Reagan's, the Revolution is over and it was killed from within by the same forces Reagan pummeled into goo.  They will help destroy what is left of the Republic if that is what is necessary for them to prevent another conservative rebellion.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/02/scott_walkers_underappreciated_strengths.html

<Third, this plain talk followed by clear action is courageous because it rejects all the qualifications guided by polling data or political advisers.  This sort of courage itself is the third aspect of successful presidents.  When was the last time a politician displayed the same sort of political guts that Walker showed when legions of union goons overran Madison?  It was when Reagan fired the striking air traffic controllers, who threatened to paralyze civil aviation in America. The ripples of that boldness reached the Kremlin, which grasped that a tough and decisive leader now confronted them on the world stage.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/02/scott_walkers_underappreciated_strengths.html#ixzz3RLjzBaNS
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
>

Light, but encouraging.