Author Topic: List of potential GOP nominees category .....Establishment, Anti-, or both?  (Read 25583 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: List of potential GOP nominees category .....Establishment, Anti-, or both?
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 11:54:16 AM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/02/scott_walkers_underappreciated_strengths.html

<Third, this plain talk followed by clear action is courageous because it rejects all the qualifications guided by polling data or political advisers.  This sort of courage itself is the third aspect of successful presidents.  When was the last time a politician displayed the same sort of political guts that Walker showed when legions of union goons overran Madison?  It was when Reagan fired the striking air traffic controllers, who threatened to paralyze civil aviation in America. The ripples of that boldness reached the Kremlin, which grasped that a tough and decisive leader now confronted them on the world stage.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/02/scott_walkers_underappreciated_strengths.html#ixzz3RLjzBaNS
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
>

Light, but encouraging.

This quote -

"Watch how Scott Walker’s unfolding campaign is covered by the media.  The very strengths that let Reagan not only win election but implement policies will be sneered at in Walker by a Leftist oligarchy that has no real notion of decency, sincerity or guts.  Note that Walker has already said that his goal is not to win elections but then to do something with that victory (i.e. simply gaining power is not important.)  This sort of talk befuddles Leftists who love power for its own sake and love, really, nothing else. Do not be surprised if Scott Walker becomes our long lost dream, the Next Reagan."

Also works this way -

"Watch how Scott Walker’s unfolding campaign is covered by the GOP.  The very strengths that let Reagan not only win election but implement policies will be sneered at in Walker by a E-GOP oligarchy that has no real notion of decency, sincerity or guts.  Note that Walker has already said that his goal is not to win elections but then to do something with that victory (i.e. simply gaining power is not important.)  This sort of talk befuddles E-GOPer's who love power for its own sake and love, really, nothing else. Do not be surprised if Scott Walker becomes our long lost dream, the Next Reagan."

He has to obliterate all GOP opposition, then and only then will we have someone who will fight in a general election and obliterate the Libiots...

I hope he can do it...I don't think we have the time to turn the ship around before it goes over the falls, but...I'd like a chance at being dead wrong...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/02/scott_walkers_underappreciated_strengths.html

<Third, this plain talk followed by clear action is courageous because it rejects all the qualifications guided by polling data or political advisers.  This sort of courage itself is the third aspect of successful presidents.  When was the last time a politician displayed the same sort of political guts that Walker showed when legions of union goons overran Madison?  It was when Reagan fired the striking air traffic controllers, who threatened to paralyze civil aviation in America. The ripples of that boldness reached the Kremlin, which grasped that a tough and decisive leader now confronted them on the world stage.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/02/scott_walkers_underappreciated_strengths.html#ixzz3RLjzBaNS
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
>

Light, but encouraging.

This quote -

"Watch how Scott Walker’s unfolding campaign is covered by the media.  The very strengths that let Reagan not only win election but implement policies will be sneered at in Walker by a Leftist oligarchy that has no real notion of decency, sincerity or guts.  Note that Walker has already said that his goal is not to win elections but then to do something with that victory (i.e. simply gaining power is not important.)  This sort of talk befuddles Leftists who love power for its own sake and love, really, nothing else. Do not be surprised if Scott Walker becomes our long lost dream, the Next Reagan."

Also works this way -

"Watch how Scott Walker’s unfolding campaign is covered by the GOP.  The very strengths that let Reagan not only win election but implement policies will be sneered at in Walker by a E-GOP oligarchy that has no real notion of decency, sincerity or guts.  Note that Walker has already said that his goal is not to win elections but then to do something with that victory (i.e. simply gaining power is not important.)  This sort of talk befuddles E-GOPer's who love power for its own sake and love, really, nothing else. Do not be surprised if Scott Walker becomes our long lost dream, the Next Reagan."

He has to obliterate all GOP opposition, then and only then will we have someone who will fight in a general election and obliterate the Libiots...

I hope he can do it...I don't think we have the time to turn the ship around before it goes over the falls, but...I'd like a chance at being dead wrong...

If it goes where I fear it may, I wish to know in my own heart that we have done all we could to right the ship, before things get ugly. I am glad that you desire every last chance too. I think most real conservatives do. We must not despair but fight down to the bitter end, and if needed fight to the next end.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »
I don't think any of us actually hope for what seems likely at this point. But we have learned to embrace it, just like you learn to embrace the fact that hugging the porcelain is an unpleasant but necessary way of getting rid of what's made you sick.

The thing that worries me most is the global oligarchs deciding to play their trump card, i.e. WWIII, as the last resort for heading off popular insurgency.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 06:26:35 PM »
I don't think any of us actually hope for what seems likely at this point. But we have learned to embrace it, just like you learn to embrace the fact that hugging the porcelain is an unpleasant but necessary way of getting rid of what's made you sick.

The thing that worries me most is the global oligarchs deciding to play their trump card, i.e. WWIII, as the last resort for heading off popular insurgency.
I don't care if the Russians/Chinese, NORKS do attack the country. I plan to use the opportunity to attack those responsible for the weakened country, the liberals. Already loaded, just awaiting the targets.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 06:33:10 PM »
Regarding eligibility of Cruz....I no longer care one way or another. The Republic is dead along with the rule of law that was the backbone. What's needed it someone to throw everything they threw at us fro the last hundred years right back at them especially the lawless executive orders and my first one would be is Obama and all his minions to prison awaiting trial. Second, his entire presidency declared unconstitutional because he wasn't born from two US citizen parents.
Declare the Republic dead because of Obama and the lawless progressives. The new one will begin after five years of prosecutions and reversals of policies that weakened the country militarily and economically. Oh yeah, I'm a dreamer, dreaming of a nightmare for progressives.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2015, 09:26:40 PM »

I don't care if the Russians/Chinese, NORKS do attack the country. I plan to use the opportunity to attack those responsible for the weakened country, the liberals. Already loaded, just awaiting the targets.

I get it but you may need a list just in case.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2015, 07:06:58 AM »
Regarding eligibility of Cruz....I no longer care one way or another. The Republic is dead along with the rule of law that was the backbone. What's needed it someone to throw everything they threw at us fro the last hundred years right back at them especially the lawless executive orders and my first one would be is Obama and all his minions to prison awaiting trial. Second, his entire presidency declared unconstitutional because he wasn't born from two US citizen parents.
Declare the Republic dead because of Obama and the lawless progressives. The new one will begin after five years of prosecutions and reversals of policies that weakened the country militarily and economically. Oh yeah, I'm a dreamer, dreaming of a nightmare for progressives.

I admitted up front I am probably barking at the moon on the eligibility issue, we have allowed ourselves to create a sorry-assed state of affairs whereby the rule of law is now whatever they can enforce and whatever anyone can get away with...what they so utterly fail to see is how anybody can be expected to obey any official elected or not when such a fluid state is in play...it will all burn...maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but soon, real damn soon!  In the meantime, I'll hold onto my principles...I'm sh*t without them.  And when the sh*t hits the fan, my principles will fuel my righteous rage...and there will be crying and pleading and bleeding.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2015, 07:09:29 AM »

I get it but you may need a list just in case.

I suspect in many instances we'll all be using the much of the same list.   ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
If this is the worst they can scrape up...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-scott-walker-mulls-white-house-bid-questions-linger-over-college-exit/2015/02/11/8e17ea44-b13e-11e4-886b-c22184f27c35_story.html

..they got a long row to hoe, and setting the precedent (again) that going back this far (again) is OK, then...how does that help either a E-GOP stooge or a DemonRat?

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 08:58:01 AM »
Walker's response should be that he will look forward to the investigative reporting by the same left-wing media guys who looked into Mr. Obama's college years.......but, I just cannot recall any names that fit that bill.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 07:32:44 AM »

Populist?Tea-Party?Anti-establishment?
    Marco Rubio, U.S. Senator from Florida since 2011

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/elections/rubio-homeland-security-funding-must-continue-despite-immigration-fight

There's your answer.
Yeah, well, that ship has passed and he was on board with first class(RINO) cabin.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 08:22:39 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2015, 07:53:04 AM »
Put Rand Paul in the Progressive Lite/E-GOP category!!!

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=12775.new#new

Scum!

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2015, 12:24:34 PM »
I think he is out as a serious candidate. he is trying to run but keeps falling in polls, even in Iowa, which would be a "must in" state for him.

Personally I think the number of serious candidates has been dropping almost daily. (BTW, serious candidate does not mean one I would vote for, and the fact one is no longer a serious candidate does not mean i would vote against them. It just means they are dropping from the plausible list.) His path to the nomination becomes less plausible every day.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 12:34:52 PM »
Everyone is paling in comparison to Walker.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 12:46:12 PM »
Everyone is paling in comparison to Walker.

That is how I feel. I think it may come down to Walker or Bush and if you count yourself a conservative i should think you would prefer Walker in a landslide. But, I am already aware that I have good friends who want none of the above.  For me, there are three or four I could live with easily. (Cruz, Walker, Perry, or maybe even ?Jindall?. Of course there are others out there but none are serious contenders anymore.) There are several that I will not vote for under any circumstances, such as Christie and Graham. Better the Demoncrats get the blame for the destruction that will be wrought. I still worry about judicial appointments, so i am trying not to make too many grand statements about never and no way. I think it wiser to work for Walker or Perry or Cruz.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »
Neither Cruz nor Jindal are eligible.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »
I had never bothered to research this myself directly before, but I have done so now. Cruz is NOT a naturalized citizen, he is a natural born citizen, born of an American citizen mother while she was in Canada and is therefore eligible under our constitution. Though he was entitled to Canadian citizenship, he has renounced it and has no ties to Canada.

There is no question on Governor Jindal, because he was born in Baton Rouge Louisiana.

<Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as president of the United States:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.>

I certainly understand some folks may want the constitution to say something else on the qualifications for president, and they are even free to vote their interpretation of they way they think it should have been said, but it says what it says. If either of these people are lawfully elected to the presidency, they will serve, and no court will stop them, based on what I can see.

<The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth," either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth." Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen.[1]>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause
<Court decisions

Although eligibility for the Presidency was not an issue in any 19th-century litigation, there have been a few cases that shed light on "natural-born citizen". The leading case is Lynch v. Clarke,[34] (mentioned by Attorney-General Bates in his 1862 opinion quoted above) which dealt with a New York law (similar to laws of other states at that time) that only a U.S. citizen could inherit real estate. The plaintiff, Julia Lynch, had been born in New York while her parents, both British, were briefly visiting the U.S., and shortly thereafter all three left for Britain and never returned to the U.S. The New York Chancery Court determined that, under common law and prevailing statutes, she was a U.S. citizen by birth and nothing had deprived her of that citizenship, notwithstanding that both her parents were not U.S. citizens or that British law might also claim her through her parents' nationality. In the course of the decision, the court cited the Constitutional provision and said:

Suppose a person should be elected president who was native born, but of alien parents; could there be any reasonable doubt that he was eligible under the Constitution? I think not. The position would be decisive in his favor, that by the rule of the common law, in force when the Constitution was adopted, he is a citizen.[35]

And further:

Upon principle, therefore, I can entertain no doubt, but that by the law of the United States, every person born within the dominions and allegiance of the United States, whatever the situation of his parents, is a natural born citizen. It is surprising that there has been no judicial decision upon this question.[36]

The decision in Lynch v. Clarke was cited as persuasive or authoritative precedent in numerous subsequent cases, including In re Look Tin Sing,[37] on the issue of whether the child, born in the U.S., to two Chinese parents (who were prevented by federal law from becoming U.S. citizens) was a U.S. citizen, notwithstanding the nationality of his parents or the fact that he had traveled to China with them and not returned to the U.S. for many years. The federal court held in a decision written by U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Stephen J. Field) that he was a citizen by birth, and remained such despite his long stay in China, cited the decision in Lynch v. Clarke and described that case:

After an exhaustive examination of the law, the Vice-Chancellor said that he entertained no doubt that every person born within the dominions and allegiance of the United States, whatever the situation of his parents, was a natural-born citizen, and added that this was the general understanding of the legal profession, and the universal impression of the public mind.[38]

The Lynch case was also cited as a leading precedent in the U.S. Supreme Court decision in United States v. Wong Kim Ark (1898),[39] which similarly held that the child born in the United States of two Chinese parents was a birthright US citizen, and that decision also used the phrase "natural born".[40]

In 1939 the U.S. Supreme Court issued its decision in the case of Perkins v. Elg, regarding a young woman, born in New York a year after her father became a naturalized U.S. citizen. However, when she was about four her parents returned to Sweden taking her with them, and they stayed in Sweden. At age 20, this young woman contacted the American diplomats in Sweden and, shortly after her 21st birthday, returned to the United States on a U.S. passport and was admitted as a U.S. citizen. Years later, while she was still in America, her father in Sweden relinquished his American citizenship, and, because of that, the Department of Labor (then the location of the Immigration & Naturalization Service) declared her a non-citizen and tried to deport her. The young woman filed suit for a declaratory judgment that she was an American citizen by birth. She won at the trial level, and at the circuit court—where she was repeatedly described as "a natural born citizen" [41] — and finally in the U.S. Supreme Court, where the court decision quoted at length from the U.S. Attorney-General's opinion in Steinkauler's Case (mentioned above) including the comment that the person born in America and raised in another country could yet "become President of the United States".[42]

On July 9, 2010, a three-judge panel of the United States court of appeals for the Fifth Circuit held that a Philippine-born litigant could not claim U.S. citizenship on the basis of his parents, who lived all their lives in the Philippines, because they were born while the Philippines was U.S. territory prior to being given its independence. The Courts for the Second, Third and Ninth Circuits have also held that birth in the Philippines at a time when the country was a territory of the United States does not constitute birth "in the United States" under the Citizenship Clause, and thus did not give rise to United States citizenship.[43]>

These questions appear to me as a settled matter of law, based on court decisions that appear to have direct application.

Any person may vote against them and even campaign against them, asserting what you will. But, IF elected, I see no real question of their eligibility based on constitutional law.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 01:59:10 PM »
You're wrong and your wiki crap is wrong as well, even as you cherry-picked your cites.  Try this one:

John Bingham .... 1866:
    Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural-born citizen; ... [18]

Nobody is saying Cruz and Jindal aren't citizens, but as they were not born of two citizen parents -- that would be where the "of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty" comes in -- they are not natural born and not eligible for the presidency.

Allowing them to run by closing eyes in the interest of "winning" will lead eventually to an anchor baby of Mexican nationals being seen as eligible, which, as you assured me, could happen.  Funny, you didn't seem perturbed by that.  Are "we" winning yet?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"