Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Super Bowl
« on: February 01, 2015, 07:37:05 PM »
So I have no sports gene and therefore fail to feel compelled to even notice its superbowl weekend much less watch. But Michelle has enough of a passing interest the tee-vee was on and I was subjected to the half time show.  The giant silver walking tiger was cool.. but how many brain cells were wasted on that effort vs creating something that might actually be useful beyond the half time show.  Yes I have wasted brain cells in this way as well, and sometimes its just fun..so okay I wil let it pass..

and then its like Dora the Explorer is on the field and I am watching happy beach balls and sharks and re-living an acid flashback I never had.

And then the monkeys dance.

And a cute little shooting star effect

and then - the maxi pad commercial.  (Which I would post here, but someone isn't on their game there at maxi pad or the commercial would be uploading as it aired so I could post it..)

but this seems to be a precursor.

Always #LikeAGirl

But the add is about the sexism in the phrase "like a girl"  as in run like a girl, fight like a girl, throw like a girl.
And then the ad itself points out that changes in girls' self esteem happen during puberty..

yeah, do you know why - because that is when boys and girls  - who are roughly equivalent - turn into Women and Men  - who aren't.

Hence the phrases run like a girl, fight like a girl, throw like a girl, because MOST women ( with the possible exception of martial arts which  concentrates on balancing this inequity)   cannot do those things as well as MOST men.

Its reality.
Grow up and deal with it.
And no number of maxi pad nor wishful thinking is going to change it.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:26:23 PM »
Super what? NFL has been dead to me since the Vikings squandered their 15-1 season with probably one of the best teams ever fielded in professional football.

Mixed Martial Arts. That's my sport. This weekend was the long-awaited return of Anderson "The Spider" Silva to the Octagon after his gruesome leg injury. Nick Diaz needed his face beat in again, and Silva didn't disappoint.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:37:16 PM »
The luckiest - dumbist - stupidist, finish in all of the many stuper bowls, IMO.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 09:58:20 PM »
The luckiest - dumbist - stupidist, finish in all of the many stuper bowls, IMO.

Yes.  I could not believe that final play by Seattle.  You're half a yard off the goal line, with multiple downs and 20-something seconds left, and you call a pass?  I was expecting Wilson to try and dive over the line, or if nothing else hand it to the beast RB.  They sure coughed that one up.

I don't really care of course.  It just irks me to see blatantly boneheaded moves like that. I guess they were being too clever by half.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »
Superwhat?  Meh.

I don't grok the insult -- "throwing like a girl".  Some girls don't throw like girls, but many do.  Maybe it comes from not being shown how to throw the ball.  (Same could be said of Mr. Mom Jeans and Pajamaboys.)  My Dad and I used to play catch; I ended up with one of those little cages on a forefinger because I jammed it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 11:14:10 PM »
Decent game, some suspense.
Almost miracle finish by Seattle with the luckiest catch I ever saw.
And then the dumbest play ever called.

Commercials sucked, mostly.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 12:11:46 AM »
Maybe it comes from not being shown how to throw the ball.

I've always believed it comes from girls not seeing the importance in it and therefore, not caring enough to master it. Boys are super focused on mastering eye/hand coordination activities (and all things athletic). I believe that this is hard-wired into males because their traditional role has been that of hunter/gatherer/protector and sports are the modern equivalent of those activities. This notion, of course, does not fit the narrative espoused by today's feminist intelligentsia and must be ignored in favor of the more hip idea of patriarchal oppression.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 06:04:00 AM »
Seems I heard it's anatomical.
Something to do with the pelvis

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 06:58:04 AM »
Oops, didn't see this thread, will move my comments here and delete the old...

Congratulations Seattle Seahawk on the Dumbest Play Call Ever in SB History!

Seattle blows the game by choosing to pass on 2nd and goal from the 1!

http://nypost.com/2015/02/01/pete-carroll-threw-away-super-bowl-with-one-stupid-decision/

They are never going to live this down...and Pete Carroll's post game comments are not making him look any smarter...

Belichick seems to have some rent-free space inside Carroll's head, and it seems to have paid off in the 4th quarter as the vaunted Seattle defense gave up two score and it culiminated in the stupidest decision ever in Super Bowl history.

If I was Belichick I would have this photo blown up and ship it out to Pete Carroll and ask him to autograph it!!!

::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

PS-I like the way I caught the action this year...instead of suffering through all the BS and timeouts and commercials...I watched a movie instead, and then caught NFL Live and got the highlights and called it good.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 07:18:09 AM »
Decent game, some suspense.
Almost miracle finish by Seattle with the luckiest catch I ever saw.
And then the dumbest play ever called.

Commercials sucked, mostly.

I just read about this pathetic one, I wish these cultists would just go the hell away!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 07:57:38 AM »
Just for the record - I live here but don't GAS about the 'hawks.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 08:04:47 AM »
Seems I heard it's anatomical.
Something to do with the pelvis

DING. We have a winner.
Men and Women are different - in all sorts of meaningful ways.

As Pan says that doesn't men that some specific women  can't master - and even exceed some men in  certain skills.  but women will always run like grils because they have a different bone structure. They will always throw like girls because they have udders throwing off thier upper body.  They will always fight like girls because in almost every case they have less strength to bring to the fight..