Author Topic: New Jersey Police Cracks Down on the Worst Sort of Criminals it can Find!  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: New Jersey Police Cracks Down on the Worst Sort of Criminals it can Find!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 01:49:28 PM »
Yeah I saw that at Moonbattery.  How typical.  Enthusiasm, ambition, and entrepreneurial spirit are methodically beaten out of kids these days. Passivity and incurious acceptance of officialdom is what they program into their captive audiences in the indoctrination centers. They allow a certain amount of "speaking truth to power" theater in the form of activism against conservative targets, but otherwise it's pure conformity to officialdom.

Who do you think ratted on them?  A neighborhood busybody, or (my suspicion) one of the plowing businesses?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
What ever gave those foolish kids the impression that they could just do that?

/grump off

When we were in our late teens/early twenties when it would snow we would go around pulling people out of ditches for a fraction of what the tow outfits were charging. On many occasions the cops were right there and never said a word.

I long for the "good old days".

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 03:29:42 PM »
Yeah I saw that at Moonbattery.  How typical.  Enthusiasm, ambition, and entrepreneurial spirit are methodically beaten out of kids these days. Passivity and incurious acceptance of officialdom is what they program into their captive audiences in the indoctrination centers. They allow a certain amount of "speaking truth to power" theater in the form of activism against conservative targets, but otherwise it's pure conformity to officialdom.

Who do you think ratted on them?  A neighborhood busybody, or (my suspicion) one of the plowing businesses?

I figure a busybody neighbor but I wouldn't put it past a plowing business.   (Not for nuthin', but my sister lives in Bound Brook.)

Lots of guys run a small plowing business on the side, doing neighborhood driveways, but who the hell plows a sidewalk anyway?

Christmas before last, I spend most of December in NJ shoveling my ass off.  One day I spotted three young boys wandering down the street carrying snow shovels, so I called 'em over and paid 'em to finish off the driveway.  I also told them to come 'round next time it snowed and the lady in the house (my mother) would gladly pay 'em to shovel the sidewalk et al.  Mom said they never showed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 06:48:14 AM »
What ever gave those foolish kids the impression that they could just do that?

/grump off

When we were in our late teens/early twenties when it would snow we would go around pulling people out of ditches for a fraction of what the tow outfits were charging. On many occasions the cops were right there and never said a word.

I long for the "good old days".

Every damn day!

But, part of me knows better, and realizes I'll probably never to live to see it again...   :'(

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 06:51:55 AM »

I figure a busybody neighbor but I wouldn't put it past a plowing business.   (Not for nuthin', but my sister lives in Bound Brook.)

Lots of guys run a small plowing business on the side, doing neighborhood driveways, but who the hell plows a sidewalk anyway?

Christmas before last, I spend most of December in NJ shoveling my ass off.  One day I spotted three young boys wandering down the street carrying snow shovels, so I called 'em over and paid 'em to finish off the driveway.  I also told them to come 'round next time it snowed and the lady in the house (my mother) would gladly pay 'em to shovel the sidewalk et al.  Mom said they never showed.

Momma not paying enough or the kids caught a better gig?   

Maybe both.  Our neighbor at the lake hires kids to put in his dock each spring and pull it out each fall, he's a retired lawyer from Chicago so he isn't cheap on the pay, and even then it can be hard to round 'em up.

It's a different era...