Author Topic: ATF plans to ban most popular type of 5.56 ammo  (Read 27123 times)

Offline Magnum

Re: ATF plans to ban most popular type of 5.56 ammo
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »
Libertas thanks for posting that article! I pray the Lord will show His favor on us and we will put in office a true Constitution loving Conservative.

Yesterday Rush, Fox news, Drudge etc talked about the ban on the m855 ammo. Today you cannot find any 5.56 even in the xm193. In 24 hours there has been such a mad rush on 5.56 ammo that is nearly gone in bulk orders. On gun broker they just sold 100 rds of m855 for $115.

Here are assorted stories on how fast 5.56 ammo is selling..........

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1722595_I_just_watched_55_000_rounds_of_5_56_go_away.html

As someone wrote: This president is possibly the greatest gun and ammo salesman of all times.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:12:49 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2015, 02:00:10 PM »
I believe it, just a week or so ago when this was being discussed prices started jumping on all varieties, not just the M855 like you mentioned.  I wouldn't be surprised if run of the mill .223 is gone too, but I cannot confirm that...GunBot won't even launch for me to take a look...a sign that perhaps my guess is right...and I wouldn't be surprised if this creates another panic in other flavors people think might next be on the Fedcoat ban plan...and .22LR again as people scramble for less expensive rounds to train with...

::cussing::  Fascists!!!

I looked in the bottom of the lake again...I mentioned earlier I am lighter in 5.56 than I would like...but at least 1/4 of that is IMI M855!   ::thumbsup::

It's icy cold, but it's there.   ;)

It's best served cold, right?   :D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 02:50:22 PM »
On gun broker they just sold 100 rds of m855 for $115.

Whoa now.  If people are willing to pay that much for it, I may just start selling some!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 02:52:50 PM »
On gun broker they just sold 100 rds of m855 for $115.

Whoa now.  If people are willing to pay that much for it, I may just start selling some!

No doubt. Or hang onto it for investment. As it stands, $115 for 100rds is about a 300% return on investment for the bricks I bought just a couple short months ago (thanks to your tip). The future may yield an even higher return.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:00:35 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2015, 02:06:10 PM »
The White Hut is arguing in favor of this ban, reasoning that "it will save cops' lives."  This is the "cop killer bullet" nonsense from the early 90s all over again.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/2/white-house-says-ammo-ban-will-save-cops-lives/

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2015, 02:54:37 PM »
The White Hut is arguing in favor of this ban, reasoning that "it will save cops' lives."  This is the "cop killer bullet" nonsense from the early 90s all over again.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/2/white-house-says-ammo-ban-will-save-cops-lives/

What a gigantic pile of bovine excrement!!!

To believe that BS is to believe that these rounds are a) true armor-piercing rounds (which is a lie) b) that these are widely used in handguns (which is a whopper of a lie) and c) are not used by AR and other rifles for legitimate hunting and recreational shooting purposes (a lie, and since the govt is exempting itself and its vassals from this law, another nefarious lie at that).

So, unless civilians are out there slaying LEO's by the bushel with this round (I have heard of not one single instance of this!) then this is nothing but a gigantic FVCK YOU! by Obama to the American people!

Offline Magnum

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2015, 04:13:30 PM »
I was listening to Armed American Radio last night. They interviewed Congressman Doug Collins who is on the House Judiciary Committee and he sounded optimistic they can get ATF to drop this because of the the ATF's incoherent reasoning of why m855 should be banned. Congressman Collins said this may have also backfired on the gun haters because the purchasing of 5.56 ammo has increased to record levels and many now have significant stores of ammo.

http://armedamericanradio.org/show-archives

Update: Fortunately for law-abiding Americans, it appears that the audacious attempt on the heart of the Second Amendment by Obama’s ATF may end up backfiring.

http://bearingarms.com/atfs-armor-piercing-ammo-ban-may-spectacularly-backfire-renew-interest-military-style-rifles/
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:51:58 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »

To believe that BS is to believe that these rounds are a) true armor-piercing rounds (which is a lie) b) that these are widely used in handguns (which is a whopper of a lie) and c) are not used by AR and other rifles for legitimate hunting and recreational shooting purposes (a lie, and since the govt is exempting itself and its vassals from this law, another nefarious lie at that).

So, unless civilians are out there slaying LEO's by the bushel with this round (I have heard of not one single instance of this!) then this is nothing but a gigantic FVCK YOU! by Obama to the American people!
He may be right, it could save lives. Ok then, which lives is he referring to. Certainly not the local leo so I'm assuming he means the fedcoats that have been arming themselves for the coming conflict. They may have a shortage of good body armor and have been issuing the lesser stuff that can stop pistol rounds.

What say you?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 11:08:24 PM »
Ten years ago,  I had no interest in guns at all.  So yup,  its backfired for sure. 

As soon as it possible (broke) i probably will be starting a collection. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 06:36:15 AM »

He may be right, it could save lives. Ok then, which lives is he referring to. Certainly not the local leo so I'm assuming he means the fedcoats that have been arming themselves for the coming conflict. They may have a shortage of good body armor and have been issuing the lesser stuff that can stop pistol rounds.

What say you?

There is the Fedcoat protection angle to consider...however, given the blowback that always happens (the run on ammo) when they do this and the renewed interest in military style platforms (see Mag's link)...either the Obamites are oblivious of their actions or they don't care what flows into private hands in the short term.  Of these two the latter concerns me more.  I like my odds against the stupid, the intentionally evil make it more difficult.  The only reason not to care is because they hope to make much greater strides in curtailing personal freedom (up to and including the suspension of all individual rights and liberty) whereby they can just confiscate anything the State determines a threat to its absolute control, anybody resisting will simply be eliminated.

ETA - Oh, and as to this assertion, yeah...I don't doubt it.

They want mine, they can have it, one at a time.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:14:26 AM by Libertas »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »

There is the Fedcoat protection angle to consider...however, given the blowback that always happens (the run on ammo) when they do this and the renewed interest in military style platforms (see Mag's link)...either the Obamites are oblivious of their actions or they don't care what flows into private hands in the short term.  Of these two the latter concerns me more.  I like my odds against the stupid, the intentionally evil make it more difficult.  The only reason not to care is because they hope to make much greater strides in curtailing personal freedom (up to and including the suspension of all individual rights and liberty) whereby they can just confiscate anything the State determines a threat to its absolute control, anybody resisting will simply be eliminated.

I don't mean to be glib about it, but one can accomplish a lot once one has decided their life is forfeit anyway.  The would-be stormtroopers of the regime won't have the element of surprise after the first few events.  After that, people will be waiting for them.  Others will actively seek them out at times and places not of their choosing.  Even if the stormtroopers secure tactical victory at every one of these events, it's not going to come casualty-free.  How inexhaustible is their supply of people willing to be first into the breach?

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 01:58:40 PM »

I don't mean to be glib about it, but one can accomplish a lot once one has decided their life is forfeit anyway.  The would-be stormtroopers of the regime won't have the element of surprise after the first few events.  After that, people will be waiting for them.  Others will actively seek them out at times and places not of their choosing.  Even if the stormtroopers secure tactical victory at every one of these events, it's not going to come casualty-free.  How inexhaustible is their supply of people willing to be first into the breach?

I don't find that glib at all, I find it a very astute question...a question I seriously doubt has been intelligently considered by Regime minions...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »

How inexhaustible is their supply of people willing to be first into the breach?
This is areal good point Glock makes. Consider the revolution 230 years ago. The Colonists lost most of the engagements to the Redcoats until the redcoats couldn't stand to lose the entire army at Yorktown. Clinton never new how bad Lord Cornwallis' predicament really was until to late. Granted, the French fleet finally came through to blockade the British in.

This isn't the Red Army we're fighting either and I'm certainly not going to allow them to do to us what was done to the White Russian Imperial forces. We know how the left treats it's conquered and it never was to pretty.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »
It has now emerged that the ATF already decided to ban M855/SS109 months ago, long before the announcement and supposed comment period.  The ATF updates its guide book of regulations every so often, the most recent edition being 2005.  Last year they began work on the 2014 edition, but it was not released until January of this year.  Some very observant people noted that the 2005 edition specifically mentioned M855/SS109 as being exempted from the ban on armor piercing ammunition, but that same exemption was missing in the 2014 edition.

This means they already made this decision months if not years ago, and shows the whole notion of a "comment period" for what it is, theater.  They are now trying to backtrack and blame this on a "publishing error."

Check out this video:

Is M855/SS109 5.56 Banned Already? **Edit---Update With Current Latest Info At End...

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 01:15:52 PM »
  When I did have guns before I sold everything I had thousands of rounds for all of them. Now I stockpile rocks and a slingshot.    ::unknowncomic::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 01:31:42 PM »
Don't overlook a good spear.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2015, 06:09:34 PM »
Don't overlook a good spear.
Or a .30 caliber straw for spitballs.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2015, 09:14:56 PM »
  I have given thought to a spud gun but I may need a permit to have one any day now spuds may be out lawed.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2015, 07:16:12 AM »
So, a Polish Cannon is probably a WMD, eh?