Author Topic: ATF plans to ban most popular type of 5.56 ammo  (Read 27136 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: ATF plans to ban most popular type of 5.56 ammo
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 08:16:41 AM »
There is only one option left, and it is the option the E-GOP has the least stomach for, because it means taking a stand...ending the funding, and let the cries of government shutdown be damned!

Speaking of which, did you know out of 231+k DHS employees, 200k of them are labeled "essential", which means in the event of the threatened shutdown being bandied around lately by the Dems, those "essentials" will still show up to work and be paid later?  So much for the histrionics about putting the country at risk.  The defunding passed by the House was only for Obongo's illegal amnesty; anything more would require abolishing DHS, which I can definitely live with.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »
There is only one option left, and it is the option the E-GOP has the least stomach for, because it means taking a stand...ending the funding, and let the cries of government shutdown be damned!

Speaking of which, did you know out of 231+k DHS employees, 200k of them are labeled "essential", which means in the event of the threatened shutdown being bandied around lately by the Dems, those "essentials" will still show up to work and be paid later?  So much for the histrionics about putting the country at risk.  The defunding passed by the House was only for Obongo's illegal amnesty; anything more would require abolishing DHS, which I can definitely live with.

Even when there is plenty (or is it no matter if there is plenty) of truth to use as ammo the E-GOP cannot seem to muster enough spine to even think of using it intelligently...

And you are correct on their proposal, it is being labelled a full-defunding when it is only a partial/targeted defunding which would only be end-run by Obama sucking funds from elsewhere.

There is only real full defunding aka abolishment.  And these E-GOP idiots cannot even muster enough moxie to get a nothing thing like this partial crap across the finish line...not a very good omen for anything real, is it?!

::outrage::

Tired of kabuki and all BS!   ::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
Good info here via WRSA - http://weaponsman.com/?p=20933

Man, WRSA gets some good graphics!

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 12:19:53 PM »
"Wow, I don't think that I have the authority to order that" - said no fed ever.

Grover Cleveland came close when he said this in 1986: 

"I feel obliged to withhold my approval of the plan, as proposed by this bill, to indulge a benevolent and charitable sentiment through the appropriation of public funds for that purpose.
I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution, and I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit. A prevalent tendency to disregard the limited mission of this power and duty should, I think, be steadfastly resisted, to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that though the people support the Government the Government should not support the people. "

He might have been the very last honest Democrat ever to hold office.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 02:44:11 PM »
Here is a good article on this.  It raises the concern that this could be one prong of a pincer attack, the other being the EPA and its ongoing efforts to ban lead ammunition.  If you can't have lead ammunition because of environmental regulations, and you can't have lead-free ammunition because it's "armor piercing," what else is there?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/398793/pincer-movement-ammunition-kevin-d-williamson

As it wanes, the Obama administration grows bold, and even reckless, on matters that send a thrill up the leg of its most leftward supporters. Its new attack on so-called armor-piercing ammunition — which is, in reality, a very broad attack on ammunition across the board — is a dangerous and destructive example of the administration’s late-days slide into rule-by-decree. What gun-rights advocates fear — not without reason — is that this is the beginning of a pincer movement, with the ATF banning non-lead ammunition as a threat to armor-wearing police officers and the EPA banning lead ammunition as a toxin.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Magnum

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 04:49:45 PM »
This vile administration bans bullets from us God Fearing and Constitution loving Americans and yet will not fight ISIS.

I never thought that one day I would be a enemy and Islam would be a ally. Wow.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 06:29:41 AM »
Just tell me when it is OK to fill them full of toxins...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 06:34:31 AM »
Whenever you have the chance, go for it. Keep them in your special place with the lost firearms on the bottom of the lake
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 07:20:27 AM »
Whenever you have the chance, go for it. Keep them in your special place with the lost firearms on the bottom of the lake

I knew I should have gotten some scuba gear!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:47 AM »

Tie it all to a float just below the surface.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 08:00:15 AM »

Tie it all to a float just below the surface.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »
 ::pullhair::

I just inventoried the bottom of the lake...I cannot believe of all the flavors I am most lightest in AR rounds!

::gaah::   ::bashing:: 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 06:54:32 PM »

I just inventoried the bottom of the lake...I cannot believe of all the flavors I am most lightest in AR rounds!

That's why I prefer the heavier .30 06 rounds....they hurt so much more and go through just about everything within reason. Accuracy over distance is much better particularly in foliage.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »

Thats okay, you can lift them off the UN troops you kill.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 06:20:48 AM »

Thats okay, you can lift them off the UN troops you kill.

:D

Thanks, I needed a happy thought! 

Offline Magnum

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 05:08:19 PM »
Here we go. The surplus of this ammo X855 is trickling back into the market but at ghastly prices.

Palmetto is selling the 150 rd box for $101.99 including shipping and the 1000 rd box for $605.99 shipped which is around .60 cents/round. Just a couple weeks ago I was paying .35cents/round.
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/

So far the price of the M193 has increased slightly from 34 cents/rd to 37-38 cents/rd and seems to be available at most places.

I have written all my congress critters and the ATF even though I know it will do no good because I am represented by Betty McCollum, Al Frankienstien and Amy Klobuchar the trifecta of lefty gun hating Ideologues.

Here is a link if you feel so moved.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150218/your-action-urgently-needed-to-prevent-batfe-from-banning-common-rifle-ammunition
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:53:36 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 05:33:56 PM »
Yeah, I would not recommend that anyone buy it at such dramatically inflated prices. I don't want to see it banned, but it's also not worth those prices.  The Danish stuff I bought recently was about 37 cents per round.  Maybe I can sell it on GunBroker for $1 a round?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 06:53:51 AM »
I won't even consider buying M855 anytime soon, I am just not going to pay anywhere near that much.  Like the runnup in pistol rounds, I will wait it out.  And besides, if you can get M193 for under $0.36/round why bother?

Descent bulk deals for M193 - http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/556/

Cheapest M855 I see is at $0.40/round, not sure how long that will last...you have to register I suspect to know if they still have QOH...I don't have an account with them...

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=9019&dir=18%7c830%7c845 

I might go for more M193.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 11:49:46 AM »
They are trying to speed up the ban, bloody fascist pricks cannot lie enough to hide the fact they are way off the loony edge with this crap!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2560750#!

And of course the Feds can buy as much of this stuff as they want...

Serfs with guns scare the piss out of these scumbags...reason enough alone to buy all sorts of rounds banned or not!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2015, 12:03:09 PM »
A glittering gem of a post from 12-28-12 -

What you’ll see in the rebellion-Bob Owens

::hat-tip::