Author Topic: What's Up?  (Read 6529 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

Re: What's Up?
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 03:47:33 PM »
I spent the good part of this day on NRO site debating with a leftist loon about the latest Kevin Williamson article about  rudy Gulianni's declaration that obama hate america. It's an exercise in futility to even consider a debate with a lefty but when it is 10 to 1 and the poor troll hasn't a clue it is really more of a tension reliever.

I am in the Icebox of the nation so am not venturing out til spring. Found a great site full of photographic tours of gothic cathedrals and will "journey" there next.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
Tomorrow is Bluegrass.

Our show is growing and we're now one of the largest (and definitely best organized) in the region. Naturally we have to mess with success so my brother booked a swing band to open. They are really (really!) good, but they are a vast departure from what we typically offer. In the past we've featured country-rock, folk, and cowboy bands, and an all string swing band - all to modest success so I hope that they are well received. We're trying to keep things interesting by offering more than strictly bluegrass and we're trying to broaden our appeal to seniors. We' managed to get one smaller bus to pick up people from area senior homes so that they can catch some live music without the hassle and expense of going into the hellhole that is seattle. We would like to engage more seniors but that takes either piles of money or the endorsement of local officials. He's also arranged for some more and better publicity including getting someone from the local paper to do a write-up on us.

Tonight I'm working on documentation of the sound system so that I can hand off more of the chores to the volunteers and then maybe I'll get a chance to play ;')

View from my office:

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »
  Been sick for days, I coughed so hard I blew my back out Just getting on my feet after days of gut rotting meds. As for vacation We'll be going on one final trip back to the roots before it's too late.  So in Aug. we go to Sicily for 2 weeks.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 09:32:31 PM »
  Been sick for days, I coughed so hard I blew my back out Just getting on my feet after days of gut rotting meds. As for vacation We'll be going on one final trip back to the roots before it's too late.  So in Aug. we go to Sicily for 2 weeks.

I'm glad you're on the mend my friend!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 08:25:21 AM »

I'm glad you're on the mend my friend!

Thanks Soup
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
I feel for you friend. My wife has been coughing for the better part of 3 weeks coughed hard enough to break capillaries in eyes. The Veterinarian says it's one of those 4-6 week things. I pray it's not that long for you or the Mrs.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »
I feel for you friend. My wife has been coughing for the better part of 3 weeks coughed hard enough to break capillaries in eyes. The Veterinarian says it's one of those 4-6 week things. I pray it's not that long for you or the Mrs.

You know, Warpmine, I sense you might have left something out of the story...or I have missed something....exactly why do you take your wife to a Veterinarian?
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 02:23:31 PM »
 ::hysterical::

Dang spell check?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 05:30:28 PM »
   I needed a good laugh today. You may need an ice pack if she ever sees that post.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 05:49:59 PM »
He'd be lucky to get off with just needing an ice pack...I was thinking hospital stay!   ::rolllaughing::
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:38:28 AM by Libertas »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 06:50:28 PM »

You know, Warpmine, I sense you might have left something out of the story...or I have missed something....exactly why do you take your wife to a Veterinarian?
It's kind of the joke around here since the doctors are outrageously expensive and the care is only marginally better seeing how so many are quacks in all, we just refer to them as the vets.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »
You may need an ice pack if she ever sees that post.

She may turn that rooster into a capon

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »
This is a very busy time of the year for me......of course, it's been slowed down by all the global warming we have in middle Tennessee. ( it doesn't take much snow and ice to shut us down). Still making time to go to hockey games ( my predators are awesome) and bass pro has received a fair amount of my money, as I prepare for tournament season. Still waiting on the new boat to show up.

Oh, rooting for Rudy to keep up his Obama attack.......really not an attack, just the truth.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2015, 06:40:18 AM »
You may need an ice pack if she ever sees that post.

She may turn that rooster into a capon

::speechless::

Yikes!

Run Warp, run!!!

::exitstageleft::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 06:42:31 AM »
This is a very busy time of the year for me......of course, it's been slowed down by all the global warming we have in middle Tennessee. ( it doesn't take much snow and ice to shut us down). Still making time to go to hockey games ( my predators are awesome) and bass pro has received a fair amount of my money, as I prepare for tournament season. Still waiting on the new boat to show up.

Oh, rooting for Rudy to keep up his Obama attack.......really not an attack, just the truth.

Rudy did the one thing you rarely see today...he didn't back down, didn't give a lame apology...he stood by his words and repeated them!

::clapping::

Oh, hey...dipsh*t Mayor de Blasio...

...how about you comment on this you gutless swine?!

Obama 2008 - "...Bush...unpatriotic..."

::saywhat::

Sorry about jacking the thread topic...got on a roll...   ::oldman::
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:19:31 AM by Libertas »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »

Former Predator Coach Barry Trotz did one heck of a job building that franchise and I pray he has success with the Capitals. They've been lighting it up to of late. Everyone's bought into the new system

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 10:24:04 PM »

Former Predator Coach Barry Trotz did one heck of a job building that franchise and I pray he has success with the Capitals. They've been lighting it up to of late. Everyone's bought into the new system

It was good for both teams. The caps had the offense but something is wrong when your 60 goal scorer is something like a -30. Trotz knows defensive hockey. Lavy has been a Godsend for the Preds, playing a possession game and sending two forwards in hard on the forecheck....forwards who are well versed in defensive hockey. It doesn't hurt to have arguably the best defensive tandem in the NHL...Roman Josi and Shea Freakin Weber, plus Pekka Rinne who is as athletic a goalie you can watch...he reminds me of the Dominator....Hasek. Getting to watch Rinne and Weber play is such a pleasure...Plus Josi is the best kept secret in hockey....he is top 10 in the league, even if he is not recognized for it. One of the best puck handlers in the league...bar none.
I still think we need one more depth forward, a big guy for the playoffs, when it gets more physical.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 08:15:18 AM »
Still waiting on the new boat to show up.

We'll need pics. The Legends are beautiful boats.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »

It was good for both teams. The caps had the offense but something is wrong when your 60 goal scorer is something like a -30. Trotz knows defensive hockey. Lavy has been a Godsend for the Preds, playing a possession game and sending two forwards in hard on the forecheck....forwards who are well versed in defensive hockey. It doesn't hurt to have arguably the best defensive tandem in the NHL...Roman Josi and Shea Freakin Weber, plus Pekka Rinne who is as athletic a goalie you can watch...he reminds me of the Dominator....Hasek. Getting to watch Rinne and Weber play is such a pleasure...Plus Josi is the best kept secret in hockey....he is top 10 in the league, even if he is not recognized for it. One of the best puck handlers in the league...bar none.
I still think we need one more depth forward, a big guy for the playoffs, when it gets more physical.
The Caps had defensemen with skills but no one to lead but now they've signed Niskenin and Orpik are paying dividends with reduced shots on goal against and goals scored. Holtby has been nothing short of spectacular again it helps to have guys around you doing everything humanly possible to keep the shots down. On the PK, Eric Fehr is dong a fantastic job that surprises even the coaches. I think they finally have a shot a going very deep this year. We'll see how healthy they are at the end of regular season.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »
It would be great to see a Preds vs Caps final...... The storylines would be fantastic.