Author Topic: What's Up?  (Read 6589 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: What's Up?
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
It would be great to see a Preds vs Caps final...... The storylines would be fantastic.
It wouldn't upset me one bit. ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 01:58:43 PM »
I'm up to doing flies with 20-lb. dumbbells.

I'm squatting with only 65 lbs. though -- I don't have a proper squat rack and my lifting buddy has been temporarily handicapped due to knee surgery so she can't spot me for heavier weight yet.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 06:50:22 AM »

I'm squatting with only 65 lbs. though -- I don't have a proper squat rack and my lifting buddy has been temporarily handicapped due to knee surgery so she can't spot me for heavier weight yet.

I bet those flies didn't even feel it!   ;D

::rimshot::

Seriously, good for you.   ::thumbsup::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 06:55:44 AM »
Oh, hey...I had more drama this morning than I wanted.

Just skittering out of the neighborhood as normal to get over to the highway and in a low dark swampy pond area I started coming across debris in the road...turns out the debris looks an awful lot like coyote remains...and they were spread out and dragged over a hundred feet or so...I managed to dodge most chunks, but had to straddle one larger piece that had to be what was most of the torso...didn't make to much of a racket so I figure no damage to the undercarriage...

That'll wake ya up!

Later...the RockStar kicked in and I was OK.   ;D

Scratch one coyote.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2015, 06:09:38 PM »

Okay, confession time, and I NOT kidding. I am not exactly an exercise  aficionado. So when I first read this, the immediate picture in my mind was Pandora killing flies with dumbells. And my second was, Who kills flies with dumbells? I mean, I eventually got there.....and I would have gone for the joke, but I seriously did not get the exercise reference til further down. 
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2015, 06:11:24 PM »
BTW, what is described as "doing flies" is pretty impressive, once you figure it out....er rather once I figured it out....or was told bluntly what they were.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2015, 07:08:45 PM »

Okay, confession time, and I NOT kidding. I am not exactly an exercise  aficionado. So when I first read this, the immediate picture in my mind was Pandora killing flies with dumbells. And my second was, Who kills flies with dumbells? I mean, I eventually got there.....and I would have gone for the joke, but I seriously did not get the exercise reference til further down.

Whaddaya mean "would have"?  You told me "when I first read that ....." three times on the phone.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2015, 10:57:26 PM »
Yes, I did. The sad part being I was NOT going for the joike....I really did not know at first. Of COURSE I would have gone for the joke, but I did not end up there becaue of my brilliant sense of humor....i just end up there looking back.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2015, 09:49:48 PM »
Last Saturday we finished up our season for the Bluegrass Jam. I can confidently put it in the "total win" category. The bands were great and the turnout was excellent. We got a little boost thanks to a local newspaper article: http://www.kentreporter.com/community/294109681.html

It's hard on a band to put out a good performance with a light crowd and last year we had several shows that were sparcely attended. Not so this year. Lots of players, and a huge audience - that's fun.

I tentatively signed on for next season (being a roadie is gonna be the death of me!).

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2015, 10:07:07 PM »
Mah!  You love it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2015, 07:04:23 AM »
Good job 'Soup!   ::thumbsup::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2015, 04:18:05 PM »
Last Saturday we finished up our season for the Bluegrass Jam. I can confidently put it in the "total win" category. The bands were great and the turnout was excellent. We got a little boost thanks to a local newspaper article: http://www.kentreporter.com/community/294109681.html

It's hard on a band to put out a good performance with a light crowd and last year we had several shows that were sparcely attended. Not so this year. Lots of players, and a huge audience - that's fun.

I tentatively signed on for next season (being a roadie is gonna be the death of me!).

I wish we had some bluegrass around here occasionally. I love zydeco, but bluegrass is great.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2015, 10:06:02 AM »

Stop it we both know you live for it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »

Stop it we both know you live for it.

I do enjoy playing but transporting, unpacking, setting up, running, tearing down, packing, and transporting the PA is wearing me out. As it is I need the full day Sunday to recuperate. For a while I had my nephew helping. He told me he wanted to learn sound engineering and I provided him the opportunity to work with live sound. Then he wussed out, saying that what he really wanted to do was be a hippy~d~hoppity DJ. He wasn't impressed when I told him "sound is sound" and he wandered off.
I bet he hasn't twisted a dial since.

I haven't got the energy anymore but (if I was rich) I would love to put another band together. Trouble is, every day that goes by lessens the probability of that ever happening. In the meanwhile I still have bluegrass jams.