Author Topic: "American Sniper" shooter convicted  (Read 573 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
"American Sniper" shooter convicted
« on: February 25, 2015, 05:42:03 AM »
AP Top News at 6:28 a.m. EST

Man convicted in deaths of 'American Sniper' author, friend
The Associated Press - By By JOHN L. MONE and JAMIE STENGLE - Associated Press

STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) - A Texas jury has rejected the insanity defense of a former Marine in the deaths of famed "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and another man. After a two-week trial in which jurors heard testimony about defendant Eddie Ray Routh's erratic behavior, including statements about anarchy, the apocalypse and pig-human hybrids, they convicted Routh Tuesday night in the deaths of Kyle and Chad Littlefield at a Texas shooting range two years ago.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:54:03 AM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: "American Sniper" shooter convicted
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 06:27:13 AM »
The account I read included a bit about Kyle's wife "storming" out of the courtroom upon hearing Routh's mother make excuses for why she didn't tell Chris about her son's mental state.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "American Sniper" shooter convicted
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 07:59:20 AM »
I can understand her reaction, from what I've been able to gather a firing range was probably the worst place to bring this kid, and the people reaching out on behalf of this kid were not being totally honest about his behavior and history, I think if Kyle and Chad had known more they would have approached this kid differently and would not have brought him to the range that day.  It is such a sad and totally avoidable disaster...if only people had been more honest.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.