Author Topic: Please, Sir, may I have some more......Global Warming? Please?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
Please, Sir, may I have some more......Global Warming? Please?
« on: February 25, 2015, 05:19:59 PM »

That shivering old man in the middle of the 12 inch zone? Yeah, that would be me.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Please, Sir, may I have some more......Global Warming? Please?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:49:51 PM »
I know it's a bit late to buy and train yourself some sled dogs but there's next year's global warming accumulation ::thumbsup::

Remember, if you get stranded in the cold, finds some rocks to heat up with a hand phaser.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 05:55:41 PM »
I know it's a bit late to buy and train yourself some sled dogs but there's next year's global warming accumulation ::thumbsup::

Remember, if you get stranded in the cold, finds some rocks to heat up with a hand phaser.

My women-folk already made the comment about getting a sled for our dogs to pull. We have four dogs now, but two of the little old buggers would have to ride on the sled!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:59:06 AM »
Big old Nothing Burger here.  Just a bunch of rain after about an hour of wet snow.  The weather dweebs never get it right.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 06:34:18 AM »
Cold?  You want cold?

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 07:54:17 AM »
Got six inches here....which is a lot in this part of NC.  But, i am glad it was not 12. Some friends have lost their power, but we are still on.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 07:59:19 AM »
I've been seeing plenty saying winter this year will last well into April.  I've seen a long term forecast for the Twin Cities that's saying no 50's until at least April 10.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
I'm so thankful we haven't had snow this season (knocks on wood). My "new" job has me situated miles and miles from home through the most treacherous mish-mash of shytty roads one could imagine. In years past I could re-prioritize my work and my self dependent upon circumstances like changes in weather - not anymore.

Stay safe (and warm) east-coasters!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 10:11:44 AM »
The local media morons spent the preceding 24 hours hyping the absolute sh*t out of this storm. Throughout the day yesterday they kept upping forecast snow totals, eventually settling on 8-10 inches for my area.  It was nothing but rain. What irritates me more than how wrong they always are is the way they give every single (non) event its own name and branding, with wall to wall coverage.  What, like it's never snowed before or something?

This is another example of how media and politicians are cut from the same cloth. They can be wrong constantly and never get fired for it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »
The naming of winter storms has to be one of the most stunning examples of gaytarded imbecility we have ever witnessed.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 01:43:42 PM »
Got six inches here....which is a lot in this part of NC.  But, i am glad it was not 12. Some friends have lost their power, but we are still on.

We got 3-4, maybe 5, but it's wet and damn heavy.  I brought a stepstool out of the garage in order to reach the truck's roof and I still couldn't move it all off.  I probably don't have the right implement because using my hands was more effective.

While I was out there clearing away, the trees were shaking off what they could in the slight breeze and melt, so I was pelted with that as well.

I'm going to have to patch/repair the tractor tarp; the snow was so heavy it forced a tear where it was draped over the roll bar.  And it busted a laden branch on my favorite tree, so some post-storm sculpting will be happening there.

The power went out and stayed out at six, until about eleven-thirty, so thank God for the generator, and that we had the foresight to bury a line from the house to a receptacle in the garage into which we plugged the freezer.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:46:57 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 06:33:28 AM »
It's still really cold here, but it is what it is.

We did have some drama on Lake Minnetonka two nights ago -

http://www.wdaz.com/news/3688683-paraplegic-man-recalls-dramatic-rescue-lake-minnetonka

It was not a posted thin ice zone, but that doesn't make it any less dangerous...it's sad this handicapped guy lost his pooch.

And this story also hits home one of our biggest issues with the MFM...this homeowner who "heard his cries" (and who is merely referred to in other jurnotard articles as a "homeowner who happened to be outside for a second") was in fact a teenager out back having a smoke!  But of course these smoking-Nazi jackwagons in the media are not going to say anything about that!  God forbid a teenager dare break a Holy Law...even if the event saved another human life...and God forbid other teenagers hear another teenager was a law-breaking smoker!

::cussing::  media!

Wish they would all sink under the ice instead!!!

I bet that teenager got cited for underage possession and use of a controlled substance and is now on probation!  Kid should be applauded!  Heck, tell me his name I'll send him a dozen cartons of whatever he likes to smoke!