Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

ATF quietly vested with property seizure-forfeiture power

<< < (2/4) > >>

richb:
Be far less expensive to only steal property from those already convicted of something...................

Its insane that the government can just seize property just because it wants to.    Pity to the person who's property is in the gun sight of some government thug.   You know that happens.   Some small business person rubs some elected crook the wrong way,  and look at that,  the cops are stopping you for your payroll.

No trial,  no appeal, nothing.   Too bad if its today's cash for someones small retail business.   Good luck getting it back.

Frankly there should NEVER be seizure of property without a conviction for a crime.   And even with that it should be nearly impossible for the government to take something.    And it shouldn't come until AFTER appeals and all that.

Largely make it not worth while no matter what.  I would rather a crook keep something then some innocent NOT EVEN CHARGED, LET ALONE CONVICTED lose property.

What will likely need to happen is to prohibit all seizing.  Good luck with that.

Libertas:
You are 100% Rich.

But, once out it is almost impossible to put toothpaste back into the tube...but in this case since it was done by Executive Edict by way of a Cabinet Officer...it could all be undone...but only if someone of better character survived the charade we laughing refer to as the election process...

The other option is obvious...let them seize ash.

Pandora:
Americans are not stupid cowards and I will be banning you.

Libertas:
Damn, did I miss something fun again!  I hate it when that happens!

Oh well, floaters usually resurface only to annoy again...

AlanS:

--- Quote from: Pandora on October 22, 2017, 11:16:19 PM ---Americans are not stupid cowards and I will be banning you.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Libertas on October 23, 2017, 11:23:16 AM ---Damn, did I miss something fun again!  I hate it when that happens!

Oh well, floaters usually resurface only to annoy again...

--- End quote ---

I thought it was just me. I went back and read all of the posts again to see WTF was going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version