Author Topic: Family: The greatest show on earth  (Read 1444 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Family: The greatest show on earth
« on: May 03, 2011, 02:23:36 PM »
And you thought your family was crazy...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/03/2198249/ringling-heirs-go-to-trial-over.html

Karen Feld filed a $110 million suit against her younger brother, Kenneth, for assault when they came together in the Jewish rite of sitting shiva for their dead aunt.

The suit filed by 63-year-old Karen Feld says her 62-year-old brother long wanted to harm her and control her life because he feared she would reveal facts about their father and family that could tarnish the image of the family business. Irvin Feld created Feld Entertainment, which Kenneth Feld now runs and bills as the world's largest source of live family entertainment, including the circus, Disney on Ice, drag racing and monster truck shows.

Kenneth Feld has gone to great lengths to protect the family's privacy; he even hired a prominent former top CIA covert operative to run a secret 8-year operation to spy on and divert an author who wanted to write a family history. The author's revelations included Irvin Feld's homosexuality, his wife's suicide and his children's long-running feud.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Family: The greatest show on earth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »
Nobody suing anyone - check.

Nobody in danger of being "outed" - check.

Nobody out to harm anyone - check.

Nobody out to control me, well, maybe Ma is a little...

...oh heck....3 out of 4 ain't bad!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:55:07 PM »
And you thought your family was crazy...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/03/2198249/ringling-heirs-go-to-trial-over.html

Karen Feld filed a $110 million suit against her younger brother, Kenneth, for assault when they came together in the Jewish rite of sitting shiva for their dead aunt.

The suit filed by 63-year-old Karen Feld says her 62-year-old brother long wanted to harm her and control her life because he feared she would reveal facts about their father and family that could tarnish the image of the family business. Irvin Feld created Feld Entertainment, which Kenneth Feld now runs and bills as the world's largest source of live family entertainment, including the circus, Disney on Ice, drag racing and monster truck shows.

Kenneth Feld has gone to great lengths to protect the family's privacy; he even hired a prominent former top CIA covert operative to run a secret 8-year operation to spy on and divert an author who wanted to write a family history. The author's revelations included Irvin Feld's homosexuality, his wife's suicide and his children's long-running feud.

Sounds like they're both nuts; he's a control freak; she's a professional victim.

For all the historical "anxiety" voiced by the "elites" who believe family-money needs to be taxed away in order to prevent too-powerful dynasties, I offer families such as these as evidence they end up destroying it themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My family's pretty much okay in terms of cohesion and lack of hostility.  Finally.  Gunsmith's -- whew! sure do find out who is who when mom/pop passes on.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:43:33 PM »

My family's pretty much okay in terms of cohesion and lack of hostility.  Finally.  Gunsmith's -- whew! sure do find out who is who when mom/pop passes on.

My dad passed away and I found out what his brother and especially his sister thought of us esp me though I was just a young adult and hardly knew her.  Never did get it so never took it personally.  My dad left a few thousand dollars in a safe deposit box. I didn't know about it but apparently he'd indicated to the bank it belonged to me and then negated that statement.  My brother as executor sued me to get it.  I let him have it--wasn't worth it.  He pissed it all away in a year.

I've discovered when people die there are others waiting to get their share. There's nothing I want that bad to be that klind of person.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 10:56:14 PM »

My dad passed away and I found out what his brother and especially his sister thought of us esp me though I was just a young adult and hardly knew her.  Never did get it so never took it personally.  My dad left a few thousand dollars in a safe deposit box. I didn't know about it but apparently he'd indicated to the bank it belonged to me and then negated that statement.  My brother as executor sued me to get it.  I let him have it--wasn't worth it.  He pissed it all away in a year.

I've discovered when people die there are others waiting to get their share. There's nothing I want that bad to be that klind of person.

Seems like you're just not that kind of person; it's not a to-be or not-to-be thing.  You either are or you ain't and those who are just get turned out in the open when money's at stake.  Gunsmith's sisters exhibited all the unseemly qualities beforehand and their mother's death did not become them.

Their betrayal has made him a colder, more generally remote man with people at large and for that I could gladly strangle them both.  Additionally, they've robbed their children of their only blood uncle and the most decent man they could ever meet.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:59:01 PM »
Their betrayal has made him a colder, more generally remote man with people at large and for that I could gladly strangle them both.  Additionally, they've robbed their children of their only blood uncle and the most decent man they could ever meet.

:(

I can't fathom that way of thinking