Author Topic: Jim Webb  (Read 558 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

Jim Webb
« on: March 13, 2015, 05:42:49 PM »
What is the general opinion about a Jim Webb presidential run. I realize that he is a dem, but he was Reagan's Sec of the Navy, was a Senator, was an Aid to Reagan and did serve in Viet Nam as a Marine?  He seems to be an independent type, what are his chances if Hillary implodes and could he beat a republican?
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Jim Webb
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 06:38:52 AM »
I confess I don't know anything about him, but you make him sound almost like a conservative Dhimm. Do they still exist?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 07:32:04 AM »
I could be very wrong...so take this with a grain of sand.

IF, and I mean a very big if, as in first impressions.

What America needs is an opposition party that strongly stands up for working people.  No, not the government class, those out in the productive half of society.  Someone who prevents organizations from getting too big, no matter how many times Comcast's President takes him golfing and bribes him.  Someone for some good old fashioned protectionism.  Someone who is definitely against organizations becoming too big to fail and would aggressively call for breaking up such organizations.  Someone for old fashioned big projects that employ millions.  Is Webb all that?

Not that I am for all that,  but two parties serving nothing but cronies is the downfall of America. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:43:35 AM »
He was a Blue Dog Dem, one of the few remaining pro-military Democrats in the Sam Nunn tradition...

Harvard guy  ::)

Vietnam Vet, highly decorated Marine, beat George Alan (of the infamous Macaca incident) in the '06 Senate race, had a famous dust up with W where Webb sounded more like a modern day Code Pink jackhole than a Reagan Era Cold Warrior...he retired after just one term...

Why should someone elect a quitter who will just retire after one term?   ::rimshot::

But hey, D,R...what difference does it make?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 08:57:05 AM »
He was a Blue Dog Dem, one of the few remaining pro-military Democrats in the Sam Nunn tradition...

Harvard guy  ::)

Vietnam Vet, highly decorated Marine, beat George Alan (of the infamous Macaca incident) in the '06 Senate race, had a famous dust up with W where Webb sounded more like a modern day Code Pink jackhole than a Reagan Era Cold Warrior...he retired after just one term...

Why should someone elect a quitter who will just retire after one term?   ::rimshot::

But hey, D,R...what difference does it make?

Well, since none of us are voting GOP,  wouldn't it make sense to register as democrat , go to their caucus  and then vote for the guy that is the most acceptable Democrat? I won't like Webb no matter what,  but I would feel better about a Webb/Jeb match up than anything involving Hillary or fauxcahontas.

But yep. "At this point, what difference does it make" is going to be the epitaph of the old republic.