Author Topic: An Idea That Might Prove "Fertile"  (Read 827 times)

Offline fporretto

• Newb
  • Long Island's crazy libertarian-conservative
    • Liberty's Torch
An Idea That Might Prove "Fertile"
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:54:23 AM »
I hatched a weird one just recently. It might have real application to the international contests of the future. Have a look:

http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2015/03/an-idea-that-might-provefertile.html
This post is programming you in undetectable ways.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: An Idea That Might Prove "Fertile"
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 07:17:22 AM »
Interesting concept. I wonder though, how the author would explain declining demographics in the Third World. Every indication is that the poorer a nation, the higher its reproduction rate - the converse of our First World problem of unsustainable reproduction rates.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline fporretto

• Newb
  • Long Island's crazy libertarian-conservative
    • Liberty's Torch
Re: An Idea That Might Prove "Fertile"
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 07:31:32 AM »
True, but as Mark Steyn has noted, Third World birth rates, though higher than those in the West, have started to decline as well. They're not as low, and they might not fall as low, but they're lower than ever before since demographic measurements were taken.
This post is programming you in undetectable ways.