Author Topic: Idiot Pubbie in Texas introduces bill preventing citizen filming of police  (Read 851 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Idiot Pubbie in Texas introduces bill preventing citizen filming of police...out to 25 feet, 100 feet if a suspect is carry a concealed handgun...which I guess they have to get in closer to ask the perp about to be beaten into goo if he is carrying or not, then really quick run away 100 feet and start filming...

Old MFM excepted...language seems to omit new media...

But remember, this harms nobodys rights...it just bends them hard enough to make it appear they are harmed...

And presumably the PoPo cameras are allowed to roll along...because they are theirs and they are them and they get to review and edit their own and if you don't like it, well you must be one of those whackos who wants lawlessness running rampant in the streets...which is hilarious since we have lawlessness running just about every level of government and the streets and apparently in many precincts...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-16/see-no-evil-meet-jason-villalba-texas-rep-who-wants-criminalize-citizens-filming-pol

But hey, anything for the police right?  I mean, people...people suck and police have to deal with people...

This is where law-and-order Pubbies run right off the constitutional rails...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Presumably, Villalba doesn't know the USSC ruled some time ago against this d-bag's idea ....... or he doesn't care.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I'd go with ignorance...not caring indicates a hightened level of stupid I hope has not been reached.

And I have to think this has no chance of passing a single chamber in Texas...but, this is not our Pappy's Texas anymore, is it?  And asking the Supreme's to reaffirm their previous decision when we don't even know how much more polluted their ranks will be when a suit bubbles up is another thing.  Since it limits access I think it could go that far, an outright ban would likely be shot down in lower courts.

How many more law-and-order Pubbies are there like this?  Probably a lot more than we think...and not just here, in all our districts.  They just don't get it...making us less free and the police less accountable does not make us safer!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Libertas, I bet the vast majority of pubbies are law and order, cops can do no wrong and they keep us safe types