Author Topic: Presidential race, 2016 -- Cruz announces  (Read 2143 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Presidential race, 2016 -- Cruz announces
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 10:49:47 AM »
Don't think he's eligible if we're strict constructionists.
At this point, what difference does it matter
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:30:11 PM by AmericanPatriot »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Yes, the "what difference does it make" attitude is all prevasive in many aspects of modern life...right, wrong or indifferent...

IIWII (It Is What It Is)

He did have a nice message...

...repealing Obamacare, abolishing the IRS, establishing a flat tax, securing Second Amendment rights, protecting the border, doing away with Common Core...

...nothing wrong with the message! 

::thumbsup::
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:17:35 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 01:47:53 PM »
I hope he got a "Global Warming is for morons" jab in ;')

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 02:42:26 PM »
Should say someting about that nefarious cult and it's nominal leader...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 02:56:24 PM »
Wow, didn't take long for the fecal deposits to start spreading their odor now did it?

Predictably, the Old Gray Whore cares not about looking like a two-faced disengenous slut...starts parroting "questions" about Cruz's Canadian roots, as if those are so much more nefarious and troubling than Marxist-Kenyan/Indonesian-Muslim roots...

And...

Hispanics...I'm guessing mostly wetbacks and former anchor-babies and whatnot...are calling Cruz "an Uncle Tom", funny, neither side of this equaltion is black so I am not sure the reference is valid...but it doesn't really matter how low the intellectual capcity of these folks, they are clearly racists.

And...

Unaplogetic E-GOP cheerwhore Peter King can hardly control is glee in attacking Cruz, calls him a "Carnival Barker", but hey, Pete you ignorant slut, I'd take that authentic conservative carnival barker over you and your feckless stooges any damn day of the week!

But thanks, all you turds, for spreading your foul odor...we seem to be at a point in time in our history when more and more people are interested only in flushing you and your ilk down the drain once and for now...no matter what happens after that!

So, enjoy your ride!!!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 03:24:01 PM »
What a surprise....Cruz attacked.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 03:47:08 PM »
Excellent speech. Y'all should watch the whole thing if you have a mind.

Re; Cruz's eligibility: I've seen pretty compelling arguments that he is plenty eligible. I respect and understand the opinions of those who differ. But I've come to believe that there have been enough court rulings addressing the definition of citizenship and legal parsing of how it applies to the natural born clause to determine that his eligibility will stand up to any court challenge. So much so, that there will be no court challenge. The precedent is what it is, regardless of a constructionist point of view.

Let me clarify that I do not minimize the importance of a constructionist view of the constitution. I only point out that in this regard, a constructionist point of view is, in the practical sense, an academic point if view. The ship has sailed on the NBC clause and what it means to presidential politics. Ted Cruz IS eligible, as a purely practical matter and statement of fact.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 04:58:44 PM »
Excellent speech. Y'all should watch the whole thing if you have a mind.

Re; Cruz's eligibility: I've seen pretty compelling arguments that he is plenty eligible. I respect and understand the opinions of those who differ. But I've come to believe that there have been enough court rulings addressing the definition of citizenship and legal parsing of how it applies to the natural born clause to determine that his eligibility will stand up to any court challenge. So much so, that there will be no court challenge. The precedent is what it is, regardless of a constructionist point of view.

Let me clarify that I do not minimize the importance of a constructionist view of the constitution. I only point out that in this regard, a constructionist point of view is, in the practical sense, an academic point if view. The ship has sailed on the NBC clause and what it means to presidential politics. Ted Cruz IS eligible, as a purely practical matter and statement of fact.

If Obama is eligible, Cruz is.  Not that it matters. There is only a very slim chance Cruz will be nominated, and he will be attacked non stop by the eGOP before the demonrats  even get a crack at him.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:36:11 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 06:35:03 PM »
His wife's Goldman Sachs/CFR situation bothers me more than the birth issue.
We have crossed that Rubicon.

It's been back to Reagan (possibly) that we haven't had a Goldman presidemt

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »
It was a good speech. I watched the whole thing. My opinion before the speech was that he was the closest thing to a true conservative we have seen run for president in over two decades. That opinion did not change after having watched the speech.

I was especially impressed with his presentation. If there was a teleprompter that he was working off of I did not see it. And the teleprompter is difficult to impossible to use when you are walking around a stage. Being able to work through a thirty minute speech without a prompter and not stumbling even once is a great accomplishment. President Dumbass could not do it.

Well, we shall see what becomes of him.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 06:45:56 AM »
I acknowledged several times defeat on the eligibility issue, not on the merits, but on precedence and prevailing sentiment, so moving on from that I see one very positive aspect to having Cruz in the contest - he will be the lightning rod of the E-GOP.  The E-GOP sees Ted as the embodiment of what the GOP does not want, they loath him more than the rest of the potential field combined, and that to me bodes well for Scott Walker.  Cruz can launch frontal assaults while Walker plunges into the flanks.  Well, that's the way I would do it, FWIW.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 06:53:23 AM »
I think Walker at the top with Cruz as VP would be unstoppable. The eGOP and the Leftists might attempt to make Ted Cruz into Sarah Palin 2.0, but Ted Cruz is no Sarah Palin.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »
I've seen pretty compelling arguments that he is plenty eligible.

Yes, his mom is American.  Case closed.  I really don't get what's so hard about that principle.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:39 AM »
I've seen pretty compelling arguments that he is plenty eligible.

Yes, his mom is American.  Case closed.  I really don't get what's so hard about that principle.

The problem arose with the birthers who resorted to confirmation bias in order to prosecute their case against Øbongo. They indulged in hair-splittings over "native-born" vs. "natural-born" and insisted that both parents had to be US citizens (or, bizarrely, that the male parent had to be a US citizen).

Øbongo welcomed and fed the fire knowing that it wouldn't ever accomplish anything except to serve as a distraction. All he had to do to put an end to the endless speculations was to release a copy of his birth certificate. It would have shown that he was born in a US state of a US citizen mother. Case closed.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 08:32:30 AM »
I think Walker at the top with Cruz as VP would be unstoppable. The eGOP and the Leftists might attempt to make Ted Cruz into Sarah Palin 2.0, but Ted Cruz is no Sarah Palin.

They were seriously floating Jeb Bush's name..  they will nominate someone more  toxic than one of the Koch Brothers to the general populace, and then tell the base to eat the sh*t sandwich because its the lesser of two evils, like they always do.  By all means, go to the local caucus , and try to get your guy in. They will put dozens of paid hacks at each one of them all advocating and voting for the heir apparent- who ever that is -  Jeb Bush, Romney, even McCain again.  The eGOP works for the Statist cause, if not directly for the Democrats.

I would love to see Thomas Sowell drafted and made President, or Bill Whittle,  or FrankJ at IMAO --- and all of those are MORE likely than a Walker or Cruz presidency.  The game is rigged,  and if you manage to un-rig it at your local Caucus you can bet there are 15 others where it will go as planned. And if you manage to un-rig more than that you can bet you will get an the IRS, EPA and BATFE turned on you and yours  personally.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:01:09 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 08:42:44 AM »
All he had to do to put an end to the endless speculations was to release a copy of his birth certificate. It would have shown that he was born in a US state of a US citizen mother. Case closed.

Only said birth certificate was never produced, there are no corroborating hospital records (and they even switched the story on which hospital he was born in) ,  the address suggested they lived at is  one his family never lived at- it was the address of family friends,  and he has no legitimate social security number... 

Yes, he was born to an American EX-pat  Mother, who returned to the States briefly  to try and ensure her Son was counted as a citizen ( and such frauds were common at  the time due to Hawaii's inadequate laws concerning such matters )  and then he moved to Indonesia where, as a requirement of being allowed to remain, had to relinquish and renounce his US Citizenship.   He was then indoctrinated in a Marxist world view that saw America as an  evil Imperialist world power and capitalism as a bane on mankind..

The intent and  purpose of the Natural Born clause was to try and ensure that anyone who served as President actually shared the traditions of this country and valued them and longed for our nations Success. Dog eating   Obama certainly does not and is unfit to serve for that reason alone, be it legally binding or not.  The birthers knew it and tried to make it stick.  They were doomed to fail.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:38:11 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 08:53:18 AM »
Good thread.

Usually it is me making friends...or not...   ::pokeineye::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 09:10:21 AM »
That's correct Weisshaupt. And that's why the circumstances of Cruz's birth are irrelevant. We have crossed that Rubicon and there ain't no turning back. Our enemies have defined the field of battle and it would be negligent for us to pretend otherwise.

For the right (and righteous) to prevail we must pry our eyes open to the reality that "What It Is Is What It Is" and not what it was or should be. Insisting on rules of combat that are obsolete will only serve to render us obsolete.

"You can't eat your principles"

I'm willing, able, and chomping at the bit to do ANYTHING to put a conservative in the white house. RINO's - not so much.