Author Topic: Beirut Explosion-Terrorist weapons cache mistake or assisted by someone?  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
If it took out Hezbollah or Hamas or whatever terror outfits stash and some members...I'm OK with it...cannot believe sane people would store such stuff in the middle of a densely populated area...so reeks of terrorists to me...

In this footage it sure seems like a lot of rounds cooking off...and then something bigger was found...C-4 or the like...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290685730574839810

Watch the something big go off here...it's massive...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290675975487987712

Add the percussion wave is equally massive...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1290673604087209990

...that had to be an enormous amount of big stuff!

https://www.weaselzippers.us/453423-breaking-massive-explosion-in-beirut/

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
WOW. Thanks for the post.
Maybe Jewish Lightning?

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Not an air raid...no sound of jets...not a missle/smart bomb as they tend to make noise at sub-sonic and would otherwise create a boom coming in, the sound quality on these is actually pretty good, I could be wrong, but...I think something took place at ground level, something started a fire or small explosion inside that cooked off small stuff and ignited something really nasty...cannot rule out a mistake by terrorists or sabotage...frankly...if as I suspect it is a terrorist cache...good riddance to it, it probably saved untold innocent lives and took a few bad guys out in the process...if innocent collateral damage, well that'd be on the bad guys for piling that much explosives in a densely populated area.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
https://noqreport.com/2020/08/05/if-not-for-terrorism-why-else-would-hezbollah-be-storing-explosive-material-in-beirut/

Why?

Morons - Peace-loving Hezbollahians were ready to stop waging war against the Jews and turn in their guns for a simple life of farming.

Normals - To wage war on Jews.

Questions?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Not an air raid...no sound of jets...not a missle/smart bomb as they tend to make noise at sub-sonic and would otherwise create a boom coming in, the sound quality on these is actually pretty good, I could be wrong, but...I think something took place at ground level, something started a fire or small explosion inside that cooked off small stuff and ignited something really nasty...cannot rule out a mistake by terrorists or sabotage...frankly...if as I suspect it is a terrorist cache...good riddance to it, it probably saved untold innocent lives and took a few bad guys out in the process...if innocent collateral damage, well that'd be on the bad guys for piling that much explosives in a densely populated area.

I think it was an accident. Texas City was an accident.
It looks like a smaller fire set off a small explosion which set off a larger explosion.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I think it was an accident. Texas City was an accident.
It looks like a smaller fire set off a small explosion which set off a larger explosion.

Small stuff sounded like hot ammo cooking to me...matter of when not if something hot hit explosive material!  Workplace violence...nothing to see here...snort!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

One story of how the ammonium nitrate came to be at Lebanon.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/lead-up-to-beirut-blast-a-russian-businessman-a-decrepit-ship-a-single-spark/

Yeah, just read that this morning via ZH -

"Legal documents, court correspondence and statements by public officials now trying to pass the buck shed light on the operations of the port, which has been dogged by allegations of widespread bribery and controlled in large measure by the militant Hezbollah group," The Washington Post reports.

And the almost unbelievable story of how the explosive substance got there has emerged. It's centered on a derelict and leaking vessel leased by a Russian businessman living in Cyprus. In 2013 the man identified as Igor Grechushkin, was paid $1 million to transport the high-density ammonium nitrate to the port of Beira in Mozambique. That's when the ship, named the Rhosus, left the Black Sea port of Batumi, in Georgia.

But amid mutiny by an unpaid crew, a hole in the ship's hull, and constant legal troubles, the ship never made it. Instead, it entered the port of Beirut where it was impounded by Lebanese authorities over severe safety issues, during which time the ammonium nitrate was transferred off, and the largely Ukrainian crew was prevented from disembarking, leading to a brief international crisis among countries as Kiev sought the safe return of its nationals.

Meanwhile, Igor Grechushkin - believed to still be living in Cyprus - reportedly simply abandoned the dangerously subpar vessel he leased, as well as its crew, never to be heard from again.

According to a damning legal briefing at the time:

"...the vessel was abandoned by her owners after charterers and cargo concern lost interest in the cargo. The vessel quickly ran out of stores, bunker and provisions."

The ammonium nitrate was supposed to be auctioned off, but this never happened. Apparently exasperated customs and dock officials even suggested Lebanese farmers could simply spread it across their fields for a good crop yield. But not even this simple solution was heeded, nor proposals to give it to the Lebanese Army.

Via The Siberian Times: "The crew - eight Ukrainian and two Russian men - was forced to stay on board of the vessel while the owner Grechushkin declared himself bankrupt and ‘abandoned the ship’. Lebanese authorities agreed to let six out of ten sailors to leave the country, others were left stranded on the ship for almost a year.

Instead the deadly substance languished at port, and the Rhosus sank in the harbor years later. The last crew members weren't allowed to leave the ship and return home until August 2014. Grechushkin may have paid for their return tickets at that time.

WaPo relates:

“Owing to the risks associated with retaining the Ammonium Nitrate on board the vessel, the port authorities discharged the cargo onto the port’s warehouses,” lawyers acting on behalf of creditors wrote in 2015. “The vessel and cargo remain to date in port awaiting auctioning and/or proper disposal,” it added.

And then later, more warnings, which apparently are in writing in legal documents:

“In view of the serious danger posed by keeping this shipment in the warehouses in an inappropriate climate,” Shafik Marei, the director of Lebanese customs, wrote in May 2016, “we repeat our request to demand the maritime agency to re-export the materials immediately.”

Astoundingly, even lawyers which had represented the effectively abandoned crew of the ship (which Ukrainian media at the time said were "hostages" of the Lebanese government) while it had been detained at port warned Lebanese government officials that the sensitive cargo was in danger “of sinking or blowing up at any moment”.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/he-abandoned-deadly-cargo-meet-mysterious-businessman-center-beirut-blast-saga

::cussing::  Russian's!

Oh, wait...probably allies of DemCom's like Clinton, Biden...etc, eh?

Nice how Putin ignored it too when crew was pleading for release.

And is there any doubt why garbage like Hezbollah thrive in such places?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Beirut Explosion-Terrorist weapons cache mistake or assisted by someone?
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 08:22:39 AM »
(Channeling Monty Python bits of yesteryear...)

And now, for something totally different...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/beirut-panics-another-huge-mystery-fire-engulfs-port

...a totally naturally occurring fire...

...just another day in a corrupt nation filled with proxies and puppets of the Moon-God Theocracy of Persia...

Where'd I put my "meh" pic?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Beirut Explosion-Terrorist weapons cache mistake or assisted by someone?
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 06:23:23 PM »
    ::deercorn:: ::vafancoul::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie