Author Topic: Russian strategist suggests nuking Yellowstone  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Russian strategist suggests nuking Yellowstone
« on: April 06, 2015, 07:00:49 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/2015/03/russian-strategist-suggests-nuking-yellowstone/#!

My brother thinks this is a likely scenario, I disagree...basically if it happens I think it just guarantees the world ends (and therefore isn't anything we shoudl waste time trying to survive)...after all the moonbat Rooskie proposing this also said - "While the rest of the world, he noted, would suffer a 'catastrophe,' Russia likely would suffer little 'due to the distance from the eruption site, the size of the territory and the location.'  While the stress of such a disaster would affect all of civilization, he wrote, such a weapon 'has the possibility' of stopping 'all thought of aggression against Russia.' "

Heh, now that is insane...first, thanks to you people know this plan exists, second, thanks to you we know who is most likely to initiate it, and thirdly, thanks to you we know who to target for retaliatory strikes.

Actually the most chilling part of this is this - "Sivkov, described as a geopolitical analyst, also accused the West of moving 'to the borders of Russia' already.'    He lamented, according to the Herald, the 'weakened economic potential in Russia, the loss of the "spiritual core of what was the communist idea," and [with] the lack of large-scale community allies in Europe such as the Warsaw Pact, Russia simply cannot compete against the NATO and its allies.'  The analyst, described in the article as a military strategist, told Pravda previously that the ultimate goal of the U.S. is to 'destroy Russia.'  And he charged that 'American politicians' have participated in international crimes, but he doubts whether they will be held accountable.  An online translation of the VPK article quoted Sivkov noting that for Russia, the situation now is 'incomparably worse' than during the 1950s and 1960s at the height of the Cold War.  That’s because 'Western-oriented oligarchs and related liberal officialdom' are in charge."

He sounds like a perfect Putin man to me, till that BS at the end, but I remain unconvinced his thinking is any different than Vlad's or his lackeys, so combined with the insane clown in the WH, to say the US in not in peril is a patently stupid statement to make.

The Sivkov Solution is no different than the end game of MAD, and like MAD the restraint is determined by the mental stability of the weakest partner.  I am hard pressed to identify the craziest at this point, but the underlying impetus for their insanity bodes less favorably for the West.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Russian strategist suggests nuking Yellowstone
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 09:27:17 AM »
Unless Obama has already dismantled them, we still have ballistic missile submarines lurking in the world's oceans for just such a scenario.  There are no first strike decapitations. Both of us are capable of delivering a counterstrike even if every land target was vaporized in the first attack.  You'd think a Rooskie "geopolitical" analyst would know that.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly