Author Topic: The Walter Scott Shooting Case Thread  (Read 7123 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
The Walter Scott Shooting Case Thread
« on: April 10, 2015, 10:07:59 AM »
Doesn't look like we have a thread for this. It's going to be in the news.

Same story. Another Black guy, just whistling along without a care in the world, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, and BLAMMO - shot in cold blood by a White racist cop.

The video appears to show the man running away while the cop unloads his pistol into the man's back. It also appears to show the cop dropping a taser next to his dying body. The accusation is murder, and planting evidence. The cop has been charged. Looks pretty cut-and-dried.

But look at THIS, and not only do we see much of the same narrative creation in the initial days after the shooting like we saw in the St. Trayvon and GentleGiant cases - but it is revealed in this article that there has been ONE MAN - a public relations agent - who has swooped in in the aftermath of these cases and guided, directed, controlled, and created that narrative. His name is Ryan Julison.

Ryan Julison is the creator of "Skittles and Iced Tea" and "White Hispanic".

Read on. What appears on video to be cut-and-dried will not seem so cut-and-dried.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:12:13 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Walter Scott Shooting Case Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 11:29:09 AM »
Oh great...and he's pal's with this rancid stool?

::)

Figures.

It the context of the twisted pc/diversity/multi-culti world we live in now that asserts only white people can be racists, that only white people lie and frame people, that only white people can commit atrocity, that only white people are evil, that only white people are too stupid to know how racist, dissembling and evil they truly are...it was a 100% certainty that the next white cop to shoot a black man was going to be charged, no matter what the circumstances are...so for the good of keeping the black community pacified (which it won't), the politicians happy (which it won't if the police find out a railroad job has been done), the media satisified (which it won't because there are plenty of guilty-by-birth whitey's out there to get) and because idiots think this is how you heal (exacerbate) race relations...

It will all get much much worse before getting really fugly. 

Which will probably happen right after this trial and the cop gets off of this railroad...

ETA - At least they have the sense to tell this asshole to keep out, although I distrust their intent...I think they know they are poisoning the jury pool if this fool comes down with his traveling snake oil show and gets people down there to stop guzzling the MFM kool aid and wreck their meme!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:50:09 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »
Great.  Another behind-the-scenes manipulator.  This causes skepticism on my part regarding the whole event because of what is not known about the goings on before Santana began recording.  And Santana's already lied once.

Best plan is to wait for further revelations, and/or who is laboring to keep what hidden, i.e. reserve judgement.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Great.  Another behind-the-scenes manipulator.  This causes skepticism on my part regarding the whole event because of what is not known about the goings on before Santana began recording.  And Santana's already lied once.

Best plan is to wait for further revelations, and/or who is laboring to keep what hidden, i.e. reserve judgement.

That is, of course, the logical and decent thing to do. But that's why the Leftists bring in someone like Ryan Julison - to make reserving of judgment irrelevant, and label that reservation as racism.

They create the narrative. The media runs with it. Facts are days or weeks behind, and the release of facts is carefully managed. And those (like us) who call for the reservation of judgment until the facts are known are labeled as racists who want to defend a White cop because he's White - even though I, as someone who wishes to reserve judgment and has a healthy skepticism of cops -  believe that this shooting appears unjustified. Ryan Julison places me on the other side of his narrative.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 08:54:45 AM »
Death by suicide fighting with the police....once again. The "racist cop" was ever so polite to Mr. Scott during the first phase of the traffic stop and then phase two when Scott didn't want to be arrested for his outstanding warrant of failing to pay child support. The scuffle and the bad instinct came about when Mr. LEO failed to check his anger. Scott is dead because he acted stupidly/ The LEO is now ever so screwed for setting aside his brain before he drew pistol and unloaded it.

Man slaughter or second degree murder, you make the call.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 09:16:57 AM »
The picture freeze-framed at my second link in the first post appears that it could be a taser being thrown to the ground. If the suspect tried to tase the officer...

There's more dashcam video. The media is only showing events after the scuffle and the beginning of the suspect running away.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »
The only possible justification I could think of would be if the guy was a known violent felon who would represent a continued threat to the public if he escaped.  But that would be a pretty unique circumstance, like "hey we found Hannibal Lecter but he ran away."

This cop should have pulled out a radio, not a gun.  The guy would have been caught within minutes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »
The only possible justification I could think of would be if the guy was a known violent felon who would represent a continued threat to the public if he escaped.  But that would be a pretty unique circumstance, like "hey we found Hannibal Lecter but he ran away."

This cop should have pulled out a radio, not a gun.  The guy would have been caught within minutes.

I tend to agree. I just want to form an opinion based on truth, without narratives.

That is almost an impossible desire given the media environment. The Left rushes in and creates the narrative, and automatically, people poking holes in it create a counter narrative, whether that is the intention or not.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 07:53:33 AM »
Enhanced video and stills appear to show taser darts lodged in officer Slager's chest, and possibly in his leg as well, and the wires extended between him and the fleeing suspect.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 10:16:42 AM »
Exactly why prudence dictates waiting for all facts to emerge.  As you point out, that is something that has become virtually impossible with the media deliberately pushing a particular narrative every time something like this happens.  If you watch just the first video that came out, it appears as if the suspect bolted and the cop just started drilling him in the back -- which looked bad, very bad.  But now we see that this whole altercation took much longer and apparently involved an unsuccessful attempt to subdue the suspect with the Taser.

I'm immediately reminded of the media pushing the "abridged" clip of Zimmerman and the 911 dispatcher.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 10:40:36 AM »
I'm not going to jump to any conclusions - I'm not going to jump to any conclusions - I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 07:01:06 AM »
You're not?

That never stops the prog's...they manufacture bullsh*t like it is the most valuable commodity in the universe.

And the well-poisoning is meant to make sure the cop is charged with something, no matter what facts or logical arguments or whatever may follow...

And whatever happens at trial will be used to justify the riots that always follow...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 07:25:41 AM »
Did the taser not go off?  How could the cop get shot with it, but not become incapacitated?

But ya, If the cop was shot by the taser, this absolutely won't be more than manslaughter.  So much for the death penalty being trumpeted by low information media.

And if an aggressive prosecutor wants to go for 1st or 2nd degree again, when it's pretty obviously not?  Here we go again...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 07:46:08 AM »
Manslaughter will still be used as an excuse to riot, if not a 1st degree conviction...and actually they don't really care about the outcome, they think they have all the answers they need...it's all about the rioting...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 10:06:16 AM »
Manslaughter will still be used as an excuse to riot, if not a 1st degree conviction...and actually they don't really care about the outcome, they think they have all the answers they need...it's all about the rioting...

I'm sick and tired of the race baiting. When did we get to the point where facts don't matter?

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »

I'm sick and tired of the race baiting. When did we get to the point where facts don't matter?

As soon as Progressives took over the Democrat Party, the media, k-12 education, university faculty, the Federal bureaucracy, ... ... ...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 11:28:01 AM »
OK, who's the idiot that dialed 1-RENT-A-THUGG?

People there should throw this trash out...