Author Topic: I bet white folk get blamed for this too...  (Read 3636 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: I bet white folk get blamed for this too...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:30:55 AM »
http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2015/4/15/returning-to-the-exurb-rural-counties-are-fastest-growing

Must be mostly racists, eh?

But to call these rural hot spots “exurban,” Garreau said, is missing the point. As he sees it, today’s urban exiles aren’t looking for a lengthy commute from the far suburbs to a downtown office. They’re seasoned professionals with big incomes who’ve grown tired of the urban rat race, he said. They’re looking to completely eradicate the notion of commuting to work and toiling from 9 to 5. Rich greenery and wide-open vistas are a must.

But not just any exurb will do.

“We can find places that are fabulous and have mountains and streams and we can get anything delivered to us,” he said. “But we’re still craving community. The places that are good for face to face contact will thrive. The ones that won’t will die. You’ve got to create a place that will give you a reason to get out from behind your computer screen and interact with real life, flesh and blood human beings.”

Case in point: Santa Fe, New Mexico, a remote town of about 70,000 that became the darling of urban expats in the early parts of the last century, thanks to its beautiful mountain vistas and pueblo-style architecture. Artists (such as Georgia O’Keefe) and nuclear scientists alike came for a visit and decided they never wanted to leave. Today, Santa Fe is a foodie haven, home to a world-class opera, a booming arts scene and quirky shops. Other exurban outposts looking to establish themselves could learn from this “Santa Fe effect,” Garreau said. “You’ve got to give them a reason to stay.”

Moral of the story: Pick a place that smells like Cowsh*t.  The smell of Cowsh*t is not fabulous and it will keep these libtards out of your community.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:42:27 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2015/4/15/returning-to-the-exurb-rural-counties-are-fastest-growing

Must be mostly racists, eh?

But to call these rural hot spots “exurban,” Garreau said, is missing the point. As he sees it, today’s urban exiles aren’t looking for a lengthy commute from the far suburbs to a downtown office. They’re seasoned professionals with big incomes who’ve grown tired of the urban rat race, he said. They’re looking to completely eradicate the notion of commuting to work and toiling from 9 to 5. Rich greenery and wide-open vistas are a must.

But not just any exurb will do.

“We can find places that are fabulous and have mountains and streams and we can get anything delivered to us,” he said. “But we’re still craving community. The places that are good for face to face contact will thrive. The ones that won’t will die. You’ve got to create a place that will give you a reason to get out from behind your computer screen and interact with real life, flesh and blood human beings.”

Case in point: Santa Fe, New Mexico, a remote town of about 70,000 that became the darling of urban expats in the early parts of the last century, thanks to its beautiful mountain vistas and pueblo-style architecture. Artists (such as Georgia O’Keefe) and nuclear scientists alike came for a visit and decided they never wanted to leave. Today, Santa Fe is a foodie haven, home to a world-class opera, a booming arts scene and quirky shops. Other exurban outposts looking to establish themselves could learn from this “Santa Fe effect,” Garreau said. “You’ve got to give them a reason to stay.”[/quote]

Moral of the story: Pick a place that smells like Cowsh*t.  The smell of Cowsh*t is not fabulous and it will keep these libtards out of your community.
[/quote]

Heh, like that is something new!  LOL!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:31:05 AM »
It's been my experience that the lefties move in and immediately start talking about bovine diapers...

:o

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »
It's been my experience that the lefties move in and immediately start talking about bovine diapers...

Yes, and then they get put on the list..
Most won't move here because of the smell.

Posting these won't hurt either.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 09:24:32 PM »
Love the sign. They forgot "rub their privates on fence posts" and "Summarily and without warning kill one another".

All in all I'll take it in a heartbeat over Downtown Anywhere.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 11:44:17 PM »
As someone who used to sell real estate,  I always laugh when the lamestream media and liberals proclaim the suburbs and/or exurbs dead.   They been doing it for 80 years now (ever since large amounts of people started to escape the city to them).   

Ironically,  they were ok with the suburbs in the early days when they were largely the playground of the wealthy.   When commuter trains started to open them up to the middle class and when the car made them practical they began to hate them. 

The worst this recession did, only resulted in some vacant homes and somewhat lower prices in most exurbs, and both of those things are correcting themselves.   Compare that with many city neighborhoods that went downhill 60 years ago,  and are never going to recover because of their politics. 

When the 2010 census came out,  I was the one of the few predicting that the city of Chicago population would be down by a large number.   I was thinking about 150,000.   Most of the liberals I know where predicting a population GAIN.  Some were predicting a 80,000 (Chicago managed to have a small gain in 2000, the first in 50 years).   But as we know the population was down by 250,000.   The only gains in the Chicago area were in,  you guessed it,  the exurban areas.   Of course some of those exurbs are now in Indiana and Wisconsin not Illinois. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 07:07:05 AM »
I guess they missed 250,000 people leaving...chances are good that the people doing the leaving don't miss what they left behind.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »

Yes, and then they get put on the list..
Most won't move here because of the smell.

Posting these won't hurt either.

And the fail gets stronger.

http://www.katc.com/story/28834140/st-landry-resident-in-arms-about-gun-laws-in-her-neighborhood
One resident in Evangeline Parish is up in arms about the gun laws in her neighborhood.

Sarah Stiver moved into a rural neighborhood in the community of Saint Landry a few years ago. She said it's usually pretty quiet, but three months ago a new neighbor moved in down the street and her peace and quiet changed.

"The other day me and my daughter were in my room watching television and it was just multiple, multiple gunshots that sounded like they were right outside of my home," Stiver said. "It freaked my little girl out to the max. She started screaming and crying and ran into her room to grab her stuffed animal."

Stiver said this usually happens a few times a week. The Evangeline Parish Sheriff's Office said since she lives in a rural area, a person can fire a gun on his or her property as long as it's in a safe direction.

"If she lived in a subdivision it would be different," Evangeline Parish Sheriff Office spokesman Maj. Jeremy Mitchell said. "In subdivisions you can't shoot guns on your property."

Stiver said she questions whether her neighbor is shooting in a safe direction, but admits she doesn't know where he is firing his gun.

"I mean he could be shooting into the water," Stiver said. "To be honest, I'm not sure. I cannot see his home from here because he has placed large bushes between my house and his."

Stiver said her main concern is safety.

"What if that bullet were to ricochet off the hundreds of trees we have here and to hit somebody?," Stiver said. "It could be my neighbor; it could be anyone in my home. I'm not against people having guns. Hunting is a way of life in Louisiana. I just think it could be handled a lot more safely."

The stupid knows no bounds. I find the last remark HILARIOUS!!!! ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 02:47:38 PM »
The stupid knows no bounds. I find the last remark HILARIOUS!!!! ::laughonfloor::

Hey, I've seen it happens lots of times....in the cartoons. You mean cartoons ain't real?!!