Author Topic: Another must read at Fran's site on the ever-increasing totalitarism of Progs  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2015/04/creeping-totalitarianism-report.html

Scratch any Democrat find a Prog, find a Prog...you find a fascist.

Chisolm et al are swingers.

They want civil war, they want BITS!

They really want it, bad!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

Ask and ye shall receive.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Ask and ye shall receive.

Yeah, I am a giver too, I admit it.   :D

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I so totally share Fran's frustration.  It's one outrage after another, so much so that it evinces a design -- the outrages occur not only for the Left's ambitions, but also for the sake of simply being outrageous.  It's demoralizing and fatiguing.

Nothing ever happens to remedy or redress it, and the institutions of officialdom have been engineered to make any such remedy impossible.  The only thing any of us seem able to accomplish is this accounting of the outrages.  We log them down, complain bitterly to each other about them, rinse and repeat.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Holy crap!  These people were really out of control!

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/12/wi-john-doe-claim-search-warrants-planned-for-sean-hannity-conservative-media/

... Agents for the embattled state Government Accountability Board continued a zealous campaign finance investigation into dozens of conservative groups even after judges who preside over the board voted to shut it down, according to a previously sealed brief made public Friday.

The documents, from an updated complaint filed by conservative plaintiffs in a case against the GAB, appear to support claims that the campaign finance, ethics and election law regulator is a rogue agency. They also show that the GAB considered using the state’s John Doe law to investigate key state conservatives and even national figures, including Fox News’ Sean Hannity and WTMJ Milwaukee host Charlie Sykes.

Wisconsin Reporter also obtained some of its information from previous court documents that were supposed to have been redacted.

“What we have uncovered so far shows the Government Accountability Board, or at least its staff, being anything but ‘accountable,’” said Eddie Greim, attorney for plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the GAB. “For example, the public has learned for the first time, over GAB’s objections, that GAB set up a secret system of Gmail accounts for its staffers and the prosecutors who ran the John Doe. We also know that GAB hoped its ‘illegal coordination’ theory could even extend to allow it to subpoena media figures like Charlie Sykes and Sean Hannity.”

Yeah, they're "embattled" *now* that they are caught having gone rogue.

Oh yeah, h/t Instapundit
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I'm all for an out-of-control response by the people...why should they be denied an opportunity to go totally apesh*t?!

Law don't mean sh*t to them, why should it mean sh*t to anybody?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Reading the comments at Instapundit, the general consensus is the USSC had *better* deal with this bullspit, and properly, lest more people decide for themselves that the law don't mean sh*t, as some already have.  It's gonna get ugly, how ugly depends a lot on how many feel they've nothing left to lose.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
It's gonna get ugly, how ugly depends a lot on how many feel they've nothing left to lose.

Once we've lost our liberty, there's NOTHING left to lose.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Reading the comments at Instapundit, the general consensus is the USSC had *better* deal with this bullspit, and properly, lest more people decide for themselves that the law don't mean sh*t, as some already have.  It's gonna get ugly, how ugly depends a lot on how many feel they've nothing left to lose.

That's probably the first time I've made a comment that would set off the tone police.  You do have to ask.  What's left to do?  What has been the historical response to such? 

Just sayin'