Author Topic: Woman programmer forced out because she was not PC  (Read 1228 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Woman programmer forced out because she was not PC
« on: December 18, 2017, 04:29:08 PM »
https://medium.com/@marlene.jaeckel/the-empress-has-no-clothes-the-dark-underbelly-of-women-who-code-and-google-women-techmakers-723be27a45df
Go to the profile of Marlene Jaeckel
Marlene Jaeckel
Dec 3
The Empress Has No Clothes: The Dark Underbelly of Women Who Code and Google Women Techmakers
I often reflect on these words, because for months, I’ve been the target of a malicious smear campaign, and while I doubt that there would ever be adequate reparation for the amount of damage that the defamation of my character has caused, I’ve finally decided to share my story publicly.

It’s a story about being punished for wrong-think by a group of women in technology, who, ironically, consider themselves the victims of an unfair patriarchal system designed to suppress female voices.

To be clear, right from the start: I never actually did anything wrong. I didn’t egregiously violate any codes of conduct. (Quite frankly, even if I had, I have no idea how, why, or when it might have happened, since my “accusers” refuse to tell me.) My only “crime” is being an outspoken, albeit moderate, conservative who doesn’t prescribe to the radical feminist narrative of many women in STEM groups. I’ve questioned some of their talking points and, at times, I’ve vehemently disagreed with some of their views, but I nonetheless support their mission of supporting and advocating for women in technology.

By telling the story of how I got mercilessly smeared and ostracized by the leadership and members of two prominent women in tech groups, Women Who Code and Google’s Women Techmakers, my hope is to encourage other people to speak up and to fight back if they’re the victims of bullying. It’s important to recognize that women can, and do, bully each other, and in the tech industry, it is unfortunately a problem that is all too often ignored and even denied, because other factors like racial bias, sexism, and even sexual harassment are typically blamed for an unfavorable attrition rate of women in tech.
...[more at link]
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Woman programmer forced out because she was not PC
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »
... but I nonetheless support their mission of supporting and advocating for women in technology.

That's part of her problem right there.  Why is she running a partial "I woman, hear me roar" program, instead of advocating for the best techie, regardless of sex?  And she's still doing it despite what the b itchez are doing to her?  Cog dis.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Woman programmer forced out because she was not PC
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 07:59:00 AM »
Progs do not play nice with others, period.  Realize that and adapt accordingly...

And nobody warz on wymenz (or real men) of realthink like the narrow-minded hive-dwellers in Progville!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.