Author Topic: "There's a little of me in all of youse"  (Read 7961 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
"There's a little of me in all of youse"
« on: May 03, 2015, 05:57:46 AM »
There is the iconic poster of Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker, stogie at the side of his mouth with the caption "There's a little of me in all of youse." The reference of course is that we all have a bit of bigotry and prejudice wired inside of us.

As I look at the masses of Black rioters throwing bricks, rocks and cinderblocks at the police trying to maintain order, I was struck by the realization: There, but for the grace of God, go I.

Let me explain. I'm not condoning what happened in Baltimore, because most of the burning and looting were conducted by those who really could have cared less who Freddie Gray was or what happened to him. However, there were thousands who were forming lines against the police because they were frustrated with what they have seen as a misuse of authority by those in power.

There are those here at IAL who have all but said the time is right to take up arms against the government in revolution against what they see as the abuse of power by the Federal Government: IRS abuse of conservative groups, confiscation of bank accounts with no proof of any illegal activity, gay marriage being thrust upon the religious, high taxes and even higher business regulation. What then, is the tipping point for the upper middle class? What will drive us to the barricades, literally, not just figuratively.

Just be mindful, my friends, that there is a point where we will gladly abandon our whitebread, middle class lives to join like minded Americans at the barricade . . .

Think about it.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: "There's a little of me in all of youse"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:17:56 AM »
I have thought about it. Since the government obviously has an interest in agitating such confrontations, I've wondered how government run amok can benefit from this chaos.

White America is aghast at the spectacle of Blacks rioting, destroying their own communities based on demagoguery and an endless trickle of speculation, half-truths, and outright lies. People rightfully want to see the cops and/or national guard squash these ridiculous uprisings. People are openly criticizing city and state officials for allowing this to happen. But they're not doing anything to stop it - and in the case of Baltimore, they're actively encouraging it.

What happens when the middle class takes to the street, and government calls upon the cops and national guard to squash our uprising? Because you know they will. The moment we dare cross the line from Tea Party-style gatherings to actual civil disobedience, the hammer will fall. How will feral urban Blacks process this double standard?

Feral Blacks will see it as open season - government choosing sides - and they will place themselves in the position of de facto enforcer. Their misplaced rage against police will be refocused on what they're told is the root cause of their rage - the White culture that provides the framework in which the police operate. And then it really begins.

So when we rightfully pine for police to put the hammer down on these riots in the face of their refusal to do so, we should see that in so doing, we are setting up that very thing for when it becomes our turn to rage.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:17:26 AM »
And, so, it's to not do so in the current fashion.  As if.  ::snort::   We don't burn down our own sh*t and we don't congregate at night throwing rocks at the cops.

Read.  Extrapolate.

4GW.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 09:59:53 AM »
Just be mindful, my friends, that there is a point where we will gladly abandon our whitebread, middle class lives to join like minded Americans at the barricade . . .

Most revolutions begin when there is no more white bread - people are starving, and they are convinced of the scapegoat - the police, the jew,  the evil corporation, the government.  The truth of the accusation will be irrelevant at that point.   Can Starving white and middle class people riot-- sure.  But I don't think that is where this will go.

There is a big difference in manning the barricades because you are trying to effect political change, versus doing it because "you is mad you or your tribe  is being disrespected " and want to have a temper tantrum and besides you are bored and you might get to pick up a new TV for free.

Baltimore can give them "room to destroy" because they will do so and then go home. What political change do they want to have? Blacks already govern. They already get benefits. The only think could possibly want politically is MORE COWBELL -  more Benefits and the impression that the police will let them do even more of what they want to do. They are nothing but a barbarian tribe that has been invited into the City.

When the middle class takes to the barricades, with the mindset of "Liberty or Death" - they will not be there just to destroy and loot with some isolated event as an excuse,  but with a real purpose.  It will not be a disorganized event, but a purposeful showdown   (see sipsey street irregulars.) over SYSTEMATIC mistreatment ( IRS, Gun  Laws, oppressive regulation, disenfranchisement via illegal immigration, illegitimate usurpation of power. )  The LONG TRAIN OF ABUSES which justifies such action. Perhaps the Feds left at Bundy Ranch for the same reason they gave them "room to destroy" in Baltimore-- because they hoped it would burn out. But is isn't about the Bundy Ranch - is it? The Ranch was merely a symptom.

Its far more likely the Government is deliberately fueling these riots as justification for martial law. SO they can "normalize" Americans to the idea of a Standing army patrolling our streets, and to be grateful for its presence. 

I have thought about it. Since the government obviously has an interest in agitating such confrontations, I've wondered how government run amok can benefit from this chaos.

What happens when the middle class takes to the street, and government calls upon the cops and national guard to squash our uprising? Because you know they will. The moment we dare cross the line from Tea Party-style gatherings to actual civil disobedience, the hammer will fall. How will feral urban Blacks process this double standard?

Feral Blacks will see it as open season - government choosing sides - and they will place themselves in the position of de facto enforcer. Their misplaced rage against police will be refocused on what they're told is the root cause of their rage - the White culture that provides the framework in which the police operate. And then it really begins.

So when we rightfully pine for police to put the hammer down on these riots in the face of their refusal to do so, we should see that in so doing, we are setting up that very thing for when it becomes our turn to rage.

I don't see the double standard being a double standard at all. I doubt you will see real Baltimore style riots where the middle class run out and torch their local supermarket and gas station. You will see organized 4th generation warfare.  Yes,  the coming revolution has the potential to become a race war and some of the ferals see an opportunity to engage as "enforcers" and satisfy their own personal prejudices. They won't be fighting for a cause..  just a larger version of "the knockout game" - just and opportunity to go looting themselves while the police are engaged and only the white people are being arrested. To tell the truth, I think most statists in the government have the same attitude. They know the government and economy are going to collapse. They know there is nothing they can do about it - so they think "why not" here is my opportunity to enrich myself and engage in wholesale persecution of those people I hate, and then I will go some place safe after the collapse. They aren't interested in keeping power. They just want to abuse it while available for their own petty causes.

IN any case, any  double standard that does arise, will probably be helping our cause - by forcing more middle class to realize the police and government cannot and will not protect them and that they are second class citizens in Obama's "transformed America" -- however I suspect that there will be no "double standard" - once Martial law is declared, everyone gets the boot on their throat--only they will try to tell the middle class to be glad of it - for it will protect them form the ferals and the "terrorists" alike. .

The III percent won't just engage  in random acts of destruction. We all know that the public opinion will matter. We all know that gathering in force is simply an opportunity to be attacked by a larger force.  No, instead people will start working down their lists,  taking long range sniper shots at "enforcers" and govt sympathizers. They will sabotage key infrastructure to the cities - power stations, water conduits, bridges and so forth.  The government will call it "terrorism" - but "terrorism" is supposed to inspire terror. 4th Generation warfare is about hampering the enemy and causing them trouble. There is no need to wholesale slaughter buses of people. Just disable the buses so the people can't go to work.  Assassinations will occur, but they will be targeted.. not random. Not aimed at the general population. Where conflicts and civil disobedience occur , they will occur on private property where the Feds are the aggressors fighting for the cause of preventing people from consuming raw milk, or growing their own gardens without regulation or permit.  The optics of the situation will largely be chosen to make it much harder for the government to engage in slaughter.  Those will be the only barricades in evidence. Gonna take this man's house because he refused to sell a wedding cake? Well there are 200 guys around his house to make sure he isn't evicted or arrested. Your move fascists. .

Ultimately the government is going to fall under its own weight. It has to because MATH. We just need to act enough to protect our own and make sure we aren't crushed by it when it falls. These Statists  don't have an army will to die for a cause - their followers are largely  interested in free stuff at low to no personal risk. As long as we stay armed, the risk will be too high for most of them. They haven't dared to enforce the gun laws they have already passed. They didn't dare evict the cattle from Bundy's land. What else will they not dare to do?  We may end up regaining our freedom just because they stand for nothing and will die for nothing, and render themselves ineffectual and irrelevant.  The first Bundy ranch that turns into a massacre will open the floodgates, and 4th generation warfare will start in earnest. I think the powers that be are terrified of that - but they are also running out of time.

And as usual, I go to hit post and Pan beat me to it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:48:49 PM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »
But, Weisshaupt, you and I do just how I like it:  summary/bottom line first, detail/'splanation second.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 02:28:38 PM »
If going all John Brown was my intent you'd be reading about me already. When I say "Is is time yet?" it isn't an exhortation to start winging shots - it's a finger in the breeze appraising the attitudes and actions of others.

Although patience and tolerance isn't my long-suit I can muster the requisite restraint when necessary. I can hold on until the time is right and should I come to the end of my days without a shot being fired all the better.

I have a certain curious quiet within me that settled in when I came to the conclusion that the nation I loved was dead and there ain't no reclaiming it (and I DGAS). I watch others get uppity about one triviality or another and quietly smile and go about my business.

I'm getting a kick out of all the lefty hand-wringing over Baltimore. They're incensed that we're not incensed about the rioters being incensed. Of course it's all dished out with ladles of "rassis" nonsense. The funny thing is when I ask one of them "Who gives a crap?" They get all indignant and huff~n~puff and then I tell them to settle down and answer my question.

Who gives a crap?

No one on the right does. Oh, sure Rand might. And I'm pretty sure that Jeb does. But they're not on the right and they're anything but sincere. Only leftists steeped in Liberal White Guilt are gullible enough to buy any of it.

Do you think even one black person is persuaded? As far as I can tell they've divided into two groups: the vast majority who just want to get beyond all of this idiocy and the racist agitators who wish to exploit it. Nothing I could ever say would strike a resonant chord with them anyway so who gives a crap?

Every day sees me becoming more of an outlaw. Shielding my income, masking my personal info, using passive-resistance against my enemy the government, I am less a team player today than I was yesterday, and intend to be less than that tomorrow. I'm slowly detaching myself from a government and society that I no longer recognize or have any bond with. My intent is to do so quietly and peaceably so that I leave little trail - I don't relish the proposition of direct confrontation since I know how hopelessly outnumbered I am.

I have no illusions that anyone can reclaim this nation from the scum that currently control it and so I am (reluctantly) leaving it to them. Where it promises to get bloody is if they attempt to force me into compliance.

I promise to give as good as I get.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 07:19:04 AM »
If going all John Brown was my intent you'd be reading about me already. When I say "Is is time yet?" it isn't an exhortation to start winging shots - it's a finger in the breeze appraising the attitudes and actions of others.

Although patience and tolerance isn't my long-suit I can muster the requisite restraint when necessary. I can hold on until the time is right and should I come to the end of my days without a shot being fired all the better.

I have a certain curious quiet within me that settled in when I came to the conclusion that the nation I loved was dead and there ain't no reclaiming it (and I DGAS). I watch others get uppity about one triviality or another and quietly smile and go about my business.

I'm getting a kick out of all the lefty hand-wringing over Baltimore. They're incensed that we're not incensed about the rioters being incensed. Of course it's all dished out with ladles of "rassis" nonsense. The funny thing is when I ask one of them "Who gives a crap?" They get all indignant and huff~n~puff and then I tell them to settle down and answer my question.

Who gives a crap?

No one on the right does. Oh, sure Rand might. And I'm pretty sure that Jeb does. But they're not on the right and they're anything but sincere. Only leftists steeped in Liberal White Guilt are gullible enough to buy any of it.

Do you think even one black person is persuaded? As far as I can tell they've divided into two groups: the vast majority who just want to get beyond all of this idiocy and the racist agitators who wish to exploit it. Nothing I could ever say would strike a resonant chord with them anyway so who gives a crap?

Every day sees me becoming more of an outlaw. Shielding my income, masking my personal info, using passive-resistance against my enemy the government, I am less a team player today than I was yesterday, and intend to be less than that tomorrow. I'm slowly detaching myself from a government and society that I no longer recognize or have any bond with. My intent is to do so quietly and peaceably so that I leave little trail - I don't relish the proposition of direct confrontation since I know how hopelessly outnumbered I am.

I have no illusions that anyone can reclaim this nation from the scum that currently control it and so I am (reluctantly) leaving it to them. Where it promises to get bloody is if they attempt to force me into compliance.

I promise to give as good as I get.

Amen!

I am finding it harder and harder to care about lost causes, but it is easier to do that with certain people and associations of people, to say I've given up on America is an untrue statement...America has given up on me (us).  What America was Founded upon has all but crumbled into dust...and it was attacked by those with intent on breaking it (though they would call it "reinventing America" or some such euphemistic bullsplatter for Progs and their perversion of usurping the nation!) and those whose negligence and/or ignorance (Pubbies, mushy-headed independents and mindless drones on the left who don't know jack!) let them get away with it.

How many times have we watched one defining moment after another pass without a great mass of people rising up to push back with whatever force they can muster?  Pubbies cave time and again, and apart from the Tea Party revolt (which was quickly crushed by a combined effort of Obama's goons harassing the principle leaders in the movement with the IRS hammer and the Ruling Class reacting by cancelling Town Hall meetings and/or replacing them with astroturfed theatrical productions) and isolated areas of pushback (Bundy Ranch) Americans largely sit on their asses.

I am resigned to the realization that any large scale counterrevolution to the ruling junta is running on extremely low odds, and the odds of it being of sufficient magnitude to enjoy decades of unrivaled success capable of a peaceful (or otherwise) return to the America-that-was are even steeper.  Whatever peace lies in the future is several decades down the line...there is a lot of chaos between then and now that will have to be survived and it will fall to the generations beyond us to make it there.

So, not giving a crap, that's where I am with this diseased society.  When idiots tell idiots its OK to be idiots and loot, burn and harm your neighbor...well, that crap has a way of coming back on you ten-fold.  Should be a wake up call for right-minded folks, especially it should wake up the police!  After decades of bending knee before the Progressive Democrats dominating most of these areas for decades, even generations...and they throw you under the bus and arrest you...and what, you expect anybody to be outraged?  By accepting their PC/Diversity/Multi-culti psuedo-religious psychobabble you made yourselves slaves of the Progs, that they treat you like dirt doesn't surprise me, and the black community despises you (they actually despise most everything, even those that give them the handouts) and the people to the right are distrustful of you for also being so subservient to the Progs in the Fed bureaucracy that dole out your surplus military hardware and complicity in the rising police state.  So congrats, you've angered just about everyone there is!  So, crap?  Yeah, don't give!

Outlaw?  Why not?  It's a word misapplied now anyway.  The real criminals are in government...elected, unelected alike...and in the media...and in Prog front organizations.  To be labelled an outlaw by this lawless bunch should be a badge of honor.

Molon Labé!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 08:41:16 AM »
apart from the Tea Party revolt (which was quickly crushed by a combined effort of Obama's goons harassing the principle leaders in the movement with the IRS hammer and the Ruling Class reacting by cancelling Town Hall meetings and/or replacing them with astroturfed theatrical productions) and isolated areas of pushback (Bundy Ranch) Americans largely sit on their asses.

The Tea Party was doomed to fail from it's inception.
It's best chance was an awakening which never happened because most of those people still think that taking back the Republican Party will fix everything.
They never rose past that level of awareness.

The TP was never crushed.
It was ignored into insignificance.

If TPTB would have used force to crush it, it could have been our 1905 Russian moment.

But, instead they utilize soft tyranny.
The IRS thing was a diversion or a thorn.
If there was a will, nothing would have stopped a movement.

I have no doubt that something will happen in the near future that will have them utilizing force or martial law.

I am less sure of what "our" response will be.

I tend to think that the people will accept it as sheep.
Sort of like the Germans did.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 09:50:27 AM »
If all that Tea Party energy from 2009-2012 had been directed instead toward a goal of putting forth a new political party, I think the results would have been better.  There wouldn't have been instant success, but I think we'd have the germ of a legitimate replacement for the decrepit, useless GOP.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 09:54:33 AM »

The Tea Party was doomed to fail from it's inception.
It's best chance was an awakening which never happened because most of those people still think that taking back the Republican Party will fix everything.
They never rose past that level of awareness.

I was interviewed at one of the earlier rallies.  The reporter said I was the first one he had interviewed ( of more than 20)  who even spoke of the Founding Fathers and Limited government.  Most of the people I talked to there wanted to pay less in taxes,  but didn't want Social Security /medicare or welfare touched. So yeah, it was pretty hopeless, but  the IRS thing was more than a thorn - as it prevented any group from really forming while the iron was hot that may have been able to at least HAMPER the establishment GOP, much less come the realization that we needed to form a 3rd party - They also went after "True the Vote" and other groups who were simply trying to ensure fair elections.  I do not believe for a second Obama won a second term fairly. When Democrats allowed statistically impossible results to be released ( 108%  of the vote for Obama)  they were saying "Yes. We cheated. And there isn't anything you can do about it. We will win by cheating from now on, and we don't care who knows it"

I know I am a lot younger that most here, but I really don't think "its over" - A quick solution is not on the table, this will take Decades to resolve.. and the Republic is dead,  but unless I am shot, I will still be around then and so will my children, and we are Americans.  A country lives in its people and in the ideas they hold. They couldn't wipe out Christianity in the USSR, and they are certainly not going to be able to wipe the idea of Individual Liberty from the face of the earth.  4th Generation warfare is long term refusal to obey, with few if any direct confrontations between concentrated forces.

Even under martial law the  government will simply lose the ability to enforce  its edicts over time as the economics worsen (and they can do nothing else) , and, as the situation worsens, the current crop of R-Type rabbit/sheeple that keep the Statists in power will either die off or convert to being independent  K-Type Wolves.

Any attempt to disarm us results in a full scale Civil war - I don't see how it would not. Rounding up guns crosses the line unquestionably for most people in a way that allowing gay marriages, or forcing them to pay fines does not. This could go that way, but I am not convinced that the power that be have the balls to take that route, as most have very strong ego needs to feel superior and enlightened and its difficult to preserve that ego stroking  while killing entire families and communities  over the sale of raw milk. The liberals, will not die for the things they "believe in"- for they only believe in material luxuries and ego-stroking masturbation. (ask one what cause they feel they would be willing to  die for. Usually there  isn't a single one.)  I think most are just milking the system while they can, and they really don't think about tomorrow or long term ramifications. Really they don't THINK. As a result - they may never  push it to Civil war - they have already passed laws they dare not enforce. We are already seeing that simply refusing to comply leaves them with the decision to use overt force they are reluctant and lack the will to use.

Yes its possible that somewhere there is a group with that will ( Illuminati, Bilderburg etc)  But they probably suffer from megalomaniacal arrogance, and they will over extend themselves - plus they will be unable to trust one another and eventually any coalition they have will come apart. That is just human nature. The only danger form them is that they will use WMD when other methods to get their way fail. We know a Civil war against Armed Americans really cannot be waged without WMD, but a lot of the arrogant Statists think there is no way Americans could stand against our military ( when lesser trained towel heads can and do) and will find differently if they try it. 

Reality is going to win. There is no such thing as a free lunch, and there is no possible way they can run a technocracy with slave labor.  Even if they kill every last real American - they will STILL LOOSE, even if we aren't here to see it. .

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »
but  the IRS thing was more than a thorn - as it prevented any group from really forming while the iron was hot that may have been able to at least HAMPER the establishment GOP,

A lot of good comments, Weisshaupt, but I slightly disagree with the above.

The IRS thing was about asking permission and then not having it given.

Probably a bad comparison but did the Founders need George's permission?
By thwarting the TP 501c3s, it meant that people couldn't deduct contributions from their taxes.

Are we only going to have a revolution if it's tax deductible?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 11:31:55 AM »
Well, we're gonna see, if they go after the churches in that regard.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »
If all that Tea Party energy from 2009-2012 had been directed instead toward a goal of putting forth a new political party, I think the results would have been better.  There wouldn't have been instant success, but I think we'd have the germ of a legitimate replacement for the decrepit, useless GOP.

Yes, and I agree with Weisshaupt...the intentional abuse of power by Obama and his minions was as equal in effect as the inverted GOP ticket in 2012 to ensure his second term.  And I understand where AP is coming from...it stems from the increasingly retarded mindset too many people have that a) they live in a free country operating under Founding principles and that b) playing by the rules when the other side hasn't for decades somehow wins you merit points.  In the context of the preceeding the Obama Regime abuse of power is more than a thorn.  What is disheartening is the long train of abuses and usurpations at present are apparently not long enough or abusive enough to warrant great swarms of citizens to rise up in righteous resistance.

And if Pan is referring to the sexual deviant marriage case pending before the Dread Traitor Roberts and the rest of those useless black-robed bastards...probably just another instance where the majority of Americans just bend over and take it...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »
And, the TP didn't start under a Republican president although all the infringements started there.
Patriot Act, Homeland Security, NDAA, etc.

To this day, most haven't gotten over Dems bad, Pubs good.
They're both sides of the same coin.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

The punishment is the process.  The purpose of the IRS activity wasn't so much about the tax deduction -- but keeping the leaders of those groups occupied with providing reams of information. Plus the more money that went to taxes, the less than can be spent on political action... putting those groups at a disadvantage on what they could raise and spend.  Ignoring those laws would only open them for further legal harassment -  which in turn again takes time away from the primary activity of the group..

So no, the revolution will not be tax deductible,  but this was pre-revolutionary activity that was being hampered.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »
Then, it's revolution by permission?

::stirpot::

As I started off my rant, the TP had zero chance of accomplishing anything.
But, they meant well.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »

I will admit that when I first heard people talking about "Tea Party" I was leery and skeptical. I've had enough run-ins with wannabe this~n~that groups pretending at politics and didn't wish to get sucked into another one. As time went by I saw that the term wasn't exactly a euphemism but it a political party either. It was more of an avataristic interpretation of a principle - not unlike its big brother conservatism.

I don't know that the TP is dead - you can crush principles but you cannot kill them. Its message got lost in the noise (I was gonna say white noise but didn't wanna go there ;') from critics on both the left and the right. And its adherents got disillusioned. I count myself in that group BTW.

My brother recently quit the pubbie party. He was a vice-chair of one of the larger voting districts in the state and one of the very few conservatives in the party. He couldn't get any traction. He tried for several years. The rank & file are so completely set in their ways that they poo-pooed every suggestion, every idea, and every opportunity. The irony was that several among them saw him as a slacker (!). Their perception was that he wasn't "doing anything" because he wasn't chanting the same old dogmatic incantations that have failed the pubbie party for the last four or five generations.

We're on our own boys n gurls.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 03:26:44 PM »
but  the IRS thing was more than a thorn - as it prevented any group from really forming while the iron was hot that may have been able to at least HAMPER the establishment GOP,

A lot of good comments, Weisshaupt, but I slightly disagree with the above.

The IRS thing was about asking permission and then not having it given.

Probably a bad comparison but did the Founders need George's permission?
By thwarting the TP 501c3s, it meant that people couldn't deduct contributions from their taxes.

That's a great line BTW.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 07:03:10 PM »
Then, it's revolution by permission?.

No, because the Tea Party effort was an explicitly legal and political movement WITHIN the system - if you operate within the system you are accepting the rules of that system.

Had the Tea Party been allowed to evolve naturally, without being targeted by the government and viciously maligned by the liberal media,  it may have had a chance of kick-starting a third party in time to do something.  When they failed to take both houses of congress in 2010, the battle was over, but that is exactly the period that was targeted. I agree there was only a slim chance of the TP being effective,  and that chance was negated by the media's slander and the Government's fund raising interference.

Revolution - in the terms you seem to mean it -  implies working outside of the system and ignoring the rules, and that was not what the Tea Party was trying to do...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 07:27:05 PM »
And if Pan is referring to the sexual deviant marriage case pending before the Dread Traitor Roberts and the rest of those useless black-robed bastards...probably just another instance where the majority of Americans just bend over and take it...

I am, in the respect of if the churches are refused the tax exemptions because they refuse to kowtow to the demands to "not discriminate".  Some have already averred they will not comply.  We'll see.