Author Topic: Ace, with the post of the year  (Read 1131 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Ace, with the post of the year
« on: May 08, 2015, 06:11:18 AM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/356555.php

This is about class. This is all about class.

This is about, specifically, the careerist, cowardly, go-along-to-get-along mores of the Upper Middle Class, the class of people whose parents were all college educated, and of course are college educated themselves; the class that dominates our thought-transmitting institutions (because non-college educated people are more of less shut out of this industry).

It is a class which is deathly afraid of social stigma, and lives in class-based fear being grouped with the wrong people, and which is more interested in Career, quite frankly, than in the actual tradecraft of that Career, which is clarity of thought and clarity of expression.

Thus, our institutions of thought propagation are dominated by the very people who can be easily cowed by the Social Justice Warriors, and who will, therefore, adjust their speech in order to not run afoul of the thoughtless — and frequently lunatic — thugs of the censorious left.

The very people we need to be most immune to the menaces of stigma, and the blandishments of career advancement, are, due to the absolute primacy of the Upper Middle Class imperative of advancing one’s career and avoiding scandal, stigma, and controversy, the very people most sensitive to such distortions.

We all know these people.  Well, actually, I know a few less in the age of Facebook...  ::angel::  Anyhoo, just dead on, describing the people that make up what I call the Cocktail Crowd, in honor of that law professor (Tribe?) that went against Obama just to have someone else declare that he will never get invited to any Cocktail Parties ever again.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Ace, with the post of the year
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 06:43:11 AM »
Are these the intellectual hippies of the left who have infiltrated academia, media, entertainment, advocacy groups and think tanks and who also contaminate much of the political leadership in the nation?

Is this who we're talking about?

AKA - Limosine Liberals, the Ruling Class, the former anti-Establishment now Neo-Establishment elites and Masters of the Universe?

IIRC these are the people most deserving of being beat to death with their own appendages.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 07:25:51 AM »
He's talking about everybody, Fox News hosts especially, who go along get along, no matter how ugly the issue they're siding with, if a light weight thinks it will protect his career and/or social life.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 08:03:35 AM »
Those idiots should have dropped that "fair & balanced" bullsh*t a long time ago...you gain nothing by being nice with your enemies...

::cussing::  morons!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 11:13:55 AM »
Those idiots should have dropped that "fair & balanced" bullsh*t a long time ago...you gain nothing by being nice with your enemies...

I recently got a new car (first time I've ever bought a brand new car -- woohoo) and it came with a trial period of satellite radio.  I've been listening to it a lot, and I sometimes hear commercials for their other channels.  One of them is called the POTUS channel, and they advertise a show hosted by Michael Smerconish.  He makes a big deal about how his show has no right or left bias, is "reasonable", blah blah blah.  Every time I hear it, with its "No bias!  Completely down the middle!" I think to myself "Ooh, how exciting.  Sounds like compelling listening!"

There is that segment of punditry who act like the middle way is automatically correct and preferable.  I see it as weak minded and unprincipled.  Especially when it's so formulaic, like there's some perfect average of Right and Left.  Remember that "No Labels" group?

And here's the real kicker about these middle ground advocates: they're all just a subterfuge for the Left.  The positions that need to be moderated are invariably those of the Right.  The side that needs to compromise is invariably the Right.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 11:47:07 AM »

I recently got a new car (first time I've ever bought a brand new car -- woohoo) and it came with a trial period of satellite radio.  I've been listening to it a lot, and I sometimes hear commercials for their other channels.  One of them is called the POTUS channel, and they advertise a show hosted by Michael Smerconish.  He makes a big deal about how his show has no right or left bias, is "reasonable", blah blah blah.  Every time I hear it, with its "No bias!  Completely down the middle!" I think to myself "Ooh, how exciting.  Sounds like compelling listening!"

There is that segment of punditry who act like the middle way is automatically correct and preferable.  I see it as weak minded and unprincipled.  Especially when it's so formulaic, like there's some perfect average of Right and Left.  Remember that "No Labels" group?

And here's the real kicker about these middle ground advocates: they're all just a subterfuge for the Left.  The positions that need to be moderated are invariably those of the Right.  The side that needs to compromise is invariably the Right.

Yup, very weak-minded and unprincipled...but I bet in the minds of clowns like this he enjoys deluding himself into thinking he is above the fray and would deny he is a useful idiot of both, but one more than the other.  If he truly exercised individual thought he would realize his error - man cannot exist without a bias, so it is best that that bias be based upon truth, fact, experience and knowledge...and the guide-star is obvious: that which promotes, protects and enhances individual rights and liberty is to be valued, anthing that threatens it should be opposed at all costs, up to and including the employment of violence and the expending of ones own life to advance that cause if left with no other option.