Topics > General Board

Talk Radio For The Disturbed, Unbalanced & Poorly Educated

(1/10) > >>

trapeze:
Why?

Because, obviously, they are a fairly large demographic and they need to be served. I am referring, of course, to Coast To Coast AM with (now) host George Noory.

Yes, sadly, there are about 4.5 million very confused and/or mentally challenged people who subscribe to the anti-Occam's Razor system of belief in the most convoluted, complicated and least likely explanation for every day occurrences.

I stumbled across the show again (I had previously heard it when it was hosted by Art Bell) when I was driving late at night recently. XM Radio is a mixed blessing at times. Like with keeping Air America on the air. Coast To Coast is another such venue except it it tailored to the demonstrably weak minded.

Wikipedia lists the show thusly:

[blockquote]Coast to Coast AM covers unusual topics and is full of personal stories related to callers. While program content varies, most nights are focused on paranormal and pseudoscientific subjects such as the occult, remote viewing, hauntings, shadow people, psychic reading, metaphysics, conspiracy theories, UFOs, crop circles, cryptozoology, the Hollow Earth hypothesis, and science fiction literature, among others. Since the September 11, 2001 attacks, the events of that day (as well as alternate theories surrounding them) and current U.S. counter-terrorism strategy have also become frequent themes. George Noory also takes interest in the 2012 phenomenon and believes something will happen.[/blockquote]

The Truther Radio Network. Go figure.

Some of this crap I've never heard of. But a lot of it I have. Sometimes under the worst possible circumstances. Like when you are trapped in a car with one of these conspiracy nuts during a long trip. Or at a party and they try and convince you even when you make it clear you think they are nuts...they think of you as a challenge and pester you in an attempt to help you see the light about whatever particular bit of insane nonsense they are peddling.

And when that happens you ask yourself, "Where on earth do these idiots get this crap?" And then you remember Coast To Coast and it's obvious. It's the talk radio network for the insane.

Pandora:
XM radio is a mixed blessing -- during the day I get Hannity ::snort::, Beck and Jason Lewis on FM radio broadcast at, or close to, the same time as XM.  What's the point?

At night, it's Coast to Coast or Rolleye James.  Ugh.

I used to listen to Coast to Coast out of pure desperation for something with which to fall asleep, but I've found podcasts to be much better.  I just wish I was aware of a few better choices to download other than The Warroom.  Levin's first hour is pretty good, mostly monologue; after that he mostly insults callers.

Got any suggestions?

Glock32:
I have the same reaction to Levin's show. Sometimes I think he's too abrupt with callers, but most of the time they're just cringe-worthy in their banality and for some reason they always start talking while he's answering them. When playing the podcast, I skip past the callers most of the time. His monologues are usually excellent.

I don't have the patience for Hannity anymore. I don't know, he's just formulaic and as we've discussed on here before, a bit of a lightweight. I more or less accepted that's just how he is and that there's a place for his style, but when he started espousing the "(if you do this particular thing that Muslims don't like) you're endangering the troops" argument I decided I'd heard about enough from him.

Rush is still the top dog overall IMO.

Sectionhand:
Trap ... I'm surprised that it took you so long to feature a thread on Coast to Coast . I'm usually up around 0330 and I have my radio tuned to the FOX affiliate here but until 0500 it's Noory and his myriad parade of whack-job pseudo-scientists and conspiracy theorists ( ex. Alex Jones ) . I used to think it was funny , listening to the bone-headed callers to Art Bell and Noory but it eventually became depressing when it was finally evident how many really stupid and gullible people are out there in the dark . Then it just plain made me mad at the manner in which Noory feeds the fears and suspicions of his audience . What a sh*t-head !

AmericanPatriot:
I like C2C  ::confused::
Not evey night. There are some real whack jobs

It seems I end up listening to one about every week to 10 days

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version