Author Topic: Talk Radio For The Disturbed, Unbalanced & Poorly Educated  (Read 4849 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Talk Radio For The Disturbed, Unbalanced & Poorly Educated
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »
Why is it that Space Aliens interested in acquiring good specimens of earthly humanity keep picking on Noory's audience ? All they're going to come away with is one hell of a fvcked up opinion of the human race !  ::whatgives::

Well..can you imagine if they started at the White House?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »
Yeah, but that means they are creeping around while you sleep.

Probably one good reason why I don't sleep well at night.  ::foilhathelicopter::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 05:43:32 PM »
Hey now at 3-4am headed to a Duck blind there is nothing better or funnier than Coast to Coast. ::foilhathelicopter::
And talk about a conversation starter with your kids I think it is great. ::thinking::
As far as the mentally challenged ah is there really any help?  ::exitstageleft::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 11:40:38 PM »
As far as the mentally challenged ah is there really any help?  ::exitstageleft::

Perhaps not but it isn't right to exploit idiots for profit. Nor is it right to encourage them in their delusions.

Most of these knuckleheads are harmless but egging them on can't be helpful.

(Dr.) Judy Wood is an example of one of their guests. She was an assistant prof of mechanical engineering at Clemson before (apparently) getting the boot for her nuttiness over 9/11. She has, of course, written a book that claims that the towers came down by way of "directed energy technology." So...she would have us believe that some mysterious person(s) used some new technology to purposefully disintegrate the towers which coincidentally had two separate jets fly into them just before this weapon was activated. Pure craziness. And this show gives her a platform to draw more weak minded and mentally ill people into her delusion. The comments at the Amazon link are fawning.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 07:19:14 AM »
But Trap, Right Wing Radio is the only truly destructive force on the air waves, C2C is moobat central, so preying on the weak-minded gives them a free pass to encourage and reward people for their psychosis!

/

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »
True story. You guys have heard me speak of my hippie little brother from time to time. He is a kind, sweet, gentle man with a good, giving heart and soul. I love him beyond words. But he also smokes weed all day every day, and he's 38 years old. Just married, no kids, wife smokes like he does. They fancy themselves as some kind of mystical beings - humans who have brought themselves in touch with the true potential of human mental and spiritual existence that most ordinary people sadly never recognize. This mental and spiritual acuity and self-actualization brings them into harmony with the universe. Or sumpt'n.

Several years ago before they were married, my bro and his girlfriend traveled by car cross country to visit us in MN. They got pulled over for speeding in South Dakota. As they related the tale, they had a pound of weed in a cooler in the trunk, and when the cop asked if he could see what was in the trunk, they both used their "energy" to place a mental bubble around the cooler. And wouldn't you know it, the cop looked in the trunk, but he never looked inside the cooler. They were both ecstatic that they were finally able to really test their "technique".

I don't know if they listen to Coast to Coast or not. But they are both very personable people, and true believers in their bullsh*t. Perhaps they would make good guests for the program.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »
Wow, that must be some good sh*t!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 03:28:31 PM »
. . . they both used their "energy" to place a mental bubble around the cooler. And wouldn't you know it, the cop looked in the trunk, but he never looked inside the cooler. They were both ecstatic that they were finally able to really test their "technique".

Bless their little hearts. Some say God protects children, fools and drunks.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 03:40:23 PM »
I try to keep an open mind. I don't believe in any of it,  but yeah, I have friends who are convinced the Flouride in the water is there to make us dumb

Actually, that is the responsibility of the NEA.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:33 PM »
I try to keep an open mind. I don't believe in any of it,  but yeah, I have friends who are convinced the Flouride in the water is there to make us dumb

Actually, that is the responsibility of the NEA.

The NEA put the fluoride in the water? I KNEW it!

::thinking::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
When i read the title of this thread, I thought that Al Franken was taking to the airwaves again.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »
. . . they both used their "energy" to place a mental bubble around the cooler. And wouldn't you know it, the cop looked in the trunk, but he never looked inside the cooler. They were both ecstatic that they were finally able to really test their "technique".

Bless their little hearts. Some say God protects children, fools and drunks.

I don't have my Bible handy at the moment but I was thinking that it was widows and orphans who received special attention and that Proverbs has quite a few rather unkind things to say about fools. Drunks, where mentioned, don't make out too well either if I remember correctly.

Coast To Coast AM seems to be a magnet for fools.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 05:50:11 PM »
"The Disturbed, Unbalanced & Poorly Educated "

Not sure which applies to me since I enjoy C2C. Mostly for entertainment purposes.

I hav a collidge deegree

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »
 ::rimshot::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 08:37:10 PM »
Hey now at 3-4am headed to a Duck blind there is nothing better or funnier than Coast to Coast. ::foilhathelicopter::
And talk about a conversation starter with your kids I think it is great. ::thinking::

I've ran across it periodically as I head to the lake. Honestly, i've listened to a few calls where the caller seemed to be taking great delight in, oh, exaggerating the story.

And whats wrong with seeing a few black helicopters.....or a spaceship.....or transported between planets....or being abducted by aliens.....or questioning your gov't......

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »
And whats wrong with seeing a few black helicopters.....or a spaceship.....or transported between planets....or being abducted by aliens.....or questioning your gov't......

Several years back I awoke to a helicopter buzzing above my little neighborhood.  It was midnight and it freaked me out. I didn't think it was aliens. I called the non-emergency number for the police.  The man that answered the phone --instead of opting to be reassuring --got really annoyed with me for even asking what the heck is going on?  Okay, he got annoyed after he told me it was nothing to be concerned about and I said I had a right to know why they were flying above my house.

Turns out they were searching for a elderly person who'd wandered from home.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »
"The Disturbed, Unbalanced & Poorly Educated "

Not sure which applies to me since I enjoy C2C. Mostly for entertainment purposes.

I hav a collidge deegree

I'm among those who listen occasionally for entertainment purposes when I happen to be in the car late at night dial surfing. Nothing wrong with taking in a little absurdity and indulging the imagination. But as I stated before, I don't take anything they say seriously.

I'm definitely disturbed, a little unbalanced (depending on who you ask), and I gradumacated high school.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »
Whaat?!  You gots no collidge either?

We wuz wobbed.   ::)   ;)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 11:06:56 PM »
I deent go to colleege, but iz did gradeate frum the evelyn woodhead sped readin course.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »
Whaat?!  You gots no collidge either?

We wuz wobbed.   ::)   ;)

My folks offered a full free ride. They paid for 1st semester, and they said if I didn't fall below a bare minimum C average, they'd pay for the next semester.

But see, I was gonna be a rockstar. I had no interest or time for college. I wanted chicks and weed and beer and heavy metal and no responsibility.

I signed up for a full load, and proceeded to completely sabotage my grade every class. I didn't study, and mostly I didn't show up. Hey, it was school, and nobody was forcing me to go, so I didn't go.

I got my grades for the first semester, and managed a C- (A's in bowling and a 101 English class saved me from and F average). I failed all my other classes, and was put on academic probation.

My folks wanted me to have a college education so badly, they agreed to give me one more chance. I thanked them by skipping every class and waiting until after the cancellation deadline for refunded tuition, and dropped out.

I look back on what a pathetic little a-hole I was and I can hardly believe it. I made choices then that were utterly selfish and self-destructive. I robbed myself of opportunity. I robbed my parents of money and their dream of a college educated first-born son. As a middle aged man, I definitely feel the lack of a college education.

But at the same time I have no real regrets. I had a helluva lot more fun than people usually have, for a lot more years than people usually get before life has its way with them. My wonderful children and wife are the result of a life well-lived, and those years of poor choices are part of that life, so to regret it too deeply would be to regret what my life has become, and I cannot do that. It took me a while, and I went an extremely atypical route, but I am who I am now, and on balance, that's a good thing.

ETA: I did go back to get an audio production degree when I was 40 though.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:41:04 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson