Author Topic: Tsarnaev sentenced to Death!  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Tsarnaev sentenced to Death!
« on: May 15, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/05/15/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-death-penalty-sentencing-jury-boston-marathon-bombing/canMEfLmeQJxQ4rFU0sERJ/story.html

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been sentenced to death for his role in detonating two powerful backpack bombs in a festive crowd near the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon, killing three people and injuring hundreds more in a terrorist attack intended to strike a blow at the United States.

Tsarnaev, 21, had been convicted last month in US District Court in Boston of 17 charges that carried the possibility of the death penalty.

The sentence handed down by the seven-woman, five-man jury came at the end of a lengthy, high-profile trial. Tsarnaev, who had taken a sharp turn from hopeful immigrant college student to radical jihadist, also was convicted for murdering an MIT police officer.

The April 15, 2013, bombing was one of the worst terror attacks in the United States since Sept. 11, 2001.

US District Judge George A. O’Toole Jr. will impose the sentence at a hearing where Tsarnaev’s victims will be able to confront him and he also has the option of addressing the court.
View Story
Explore the evidence from the trial

A look at the witnesses, evidence, and key players in the trial.

Tsarnaev sentencing verdict form
    Live updates from the courtroom

The jury took 14 1/2 hours over three days to render its decision on the penalty Tsarnaev faces.

Those in the courtroom for the verdict included Bill and Denise Richard, parents of 8-year-old Martin Richard of Dorchester, the youngest victim of the attack. Despite the devastating impact on their family, the Richards had called for life in prison, rather than death, for Tsarnaev.

Federal prosecutors said Tsarnaev was a remorseless self-radicalized terrorist who had participated in the bombing to make a political statement.

Defense attorneys, seeking to save Tsarnaev’s life, portrayed him as the puppy dog-like follower of his troubled, violence-prone older brother, Tamerlan, who became obsessed with waging jihad and died several days after the bombing in a firefight with police.

Tsarnaev was convicted of 30 charges, including 17 that carried a possible death penalty, in the first phase of the two-phase federal death penalty trial.

The defense never contested his guilt, focusing instead on the second phase of the trial, in which the jury was asked to determine whether Tsarnaev should get life in prison without parole or a death sentence. Over 11 days of testimony jurors heard from more than 60 witnesses, most of them called by the defense in an effort to humanize Tsarnaev.

Tsarnaev did not testify himself during either phase, showing little emotion as he sat in the courtroom, leaving him an inscrutable figure to the jury that decided his fate.

But he wrote a statement in the boat where he was captured, saying he had acted because the US government was “killing our innocent civilians. ... We Muslims are one body, you hurt one you hurt us all.”

Prosecutor Steven Mellin, in his closing argument, cited a line from the note that said, “Now I don’t like killing innocent people, but in this case it is allowed.”

“These are the words of a terrorist who thought he did the right thing,” Mellin told jurors. “His actions have earned him a sentence of death.”

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Tsarnaev sentenced to Death!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »
Should be cut open stem to stern and have revenous rats feast on his entrails while he is still alive and screaming...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »
Hussein Obama hardest hit.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »
Stinking, cowardly, big-deal "jihadi" in service to his murderous "god" and his child-raping "prophet", plants a bomb in the country that took him in and runs away instead of blowing himself up too.

No appeals, just take him out and shoot him.  We don't torture sh*t, we just scrape it off our shoes and move on.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:14:52 PM »
Should be cut open stem to stern and have revenous rats feast on his entrails while he is still alive and screaming...

I prefer bathed in pig blood and fed ham.

I'm not wasting bacon on him.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 09:11:38 PM »

I'm a reasonable fella, I can go along with that.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 07:53:01 PM »

Eat the bacon use the fat on his ass I know it's a waste of bacon drippings but in life you have to make sacrifices for the general good.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 05:42:00 AM »

Eat the bacon use the fat on his ass I know it's a waste of bacon drippings but in life you have to make sacrifices for the general good.

Valid point.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson