Author Topic: Marquette honors racist and murderer Assata Shakur (Joanne Chesimard)  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:51:17 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Marquette honors racist and murderer Assata Shakur
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:07:15 AM »
Don't give me that "assata shakur" crap -- her name is Joanne Chesimard.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
FIFM

;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
That wasn't aimed at you, Libertas.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I know, I didn't take it as such...I like to be accurate though.

I knew that reading the article, why I went with the BS name I dunno...maybe because I thought it was funny it started A-S-S...

::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
I have no idea why people are indulged in the practice; they apparently don't change their names legally, they just assume a new one -- Malcolm X?  Really? -- and the world just goes along with it.  Same thing with the formerly normal-named who morph into 'slamic a-holes .............. and don't get me started on Jerry Rivers.

Freaking murdering btch killed a NJ cop and then went full-on African with her name from her asylum in Cuba.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Once the calmer, more rational heads at Marquette found out about this abomination, it was removed. Eventually.

Marquette University quickly removed a mural on campus that had generated outcry over the weekend because of its subject: a woman on the FBI's most wanted list who was convicted in a New Jersey state trooper's 1973 murder, escaped prison and fled to Cuba.

The mural of Assata Shakur, formerly known as Joanne Chesimard, has been on display at the Marquette Gender and Sexuality Resource Center at least since March.

Ha. Marquette Gender and Sexuality Resource Center.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Funny how they always act after the fact, eh?  For everybody else it's a stern warning not to go there.

Progs, all of 'em...can burn.

And yeah the made up name stuff is stupid, it's like any made up name...it serves to self-glorify the wearer, it's pure petty selfishness to stand out by artificial means.

That and the hyphenated stuff, never got that...gals who don't want their husbands surname...I'd say take a walk!