Author Topic: "Racist" Comment or "Race-Based" Comment?  (Read 2367 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
"Racist" Comment or "Race-Based" Comment?
« on: May 18, 2015, 07:56:25 PM »
Poor, poor 80 year old white Duke University Political Science professor Jerry Hough stepped in it, big time. Poor old Professor Hough, a self-proclaimed disciple of Rev. Martin Luther King, had the temerity to compare American Blacks with American Asian immigrants, in a published article discussing the Baltimore riots in the NY Times:

"I absolutely do not think it racist to ask why black performance on the average is not as good as Asian on balance, when the Asians started with the prejudices against the 'yellow races' shown in the concentration camps for the Japanese."

Social media, the playground for the perpetually offended, typically exploded seeking the head of Professor Haugh on the pike of Politically Correct and Academically approved fascism speech. Typical of the torch bearers, the crowd's response was along the lines of

A statement released to several media outlets over the weekend by Duke spokesman Michael Schoenfeld said: 'The comments were noxious, offensive and have no place in civil discourse.'

And this gem:

A professor in Duke's African & African American Studies department, Mark Anthony Neal, posted an image of Hough's comments last week on his blog under the title "#DearOldDuke: The Unchecked Racism of a Tenured Duke Professor."

Really Mr. Schoenfeld? Really, Mr. Neal? An 80 year old educator can't make a truthful comment about the failure of Blacks to assimilate into American Culture as easily as the Asian immigrants? The professors comments can be simply dismissed as "racially insensitive" or outright "racist"? I guess it's really much easier to denigrate the writer than to try to debate his hypothesis.

The Race Card. Because debating the truth is so much harder . . .

See: http://www.wral.com/duke-professor-defends-comments-comparing-blacks-asians/14653640/#VXrGtr6y1mk4JoFy.99
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: "Racist" Comment or "Race-Based" Comment?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 08:12:06 PM »
Telling the truth has become a revolutionary and "controversial" act.

Tough sht, precious little snowflakes.  Dis da reel worl', homie.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:24:39 PM »
Hey! James Rosen is gonna talk about the Prof on the Kelly File in a few minutes!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 08:39:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up; going to have to catch it on the come-around.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 08:58:18 PM »
Good thing he didn't say/write "Shiftless", "Lazy", "Welfare" or "No Account". or even "AriZona Watermelon".. (darkie & lib-tard heads would've exploded!)

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 06:44:21 AM »
Big Race Baiter, IncTM, the PC/Diversity/Multi-Culti cultists and the brainwashed indentured servants that ceded them power made it so that there can never be a truly honest discussion about race in this nation, because one side has determined that any criticism of its actions is banned and will be shouted down as racist, so in the end there will never be any reconciliation.  Doesn't leave much in the way of resolution, does it?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 07:31:26 AM »
The funny thing is, this Poli Sci professor had a long history of pro Soviet, anti American thought.

All for naught, after accidentally writing a couple of paragraphs of truth, in his fading hears.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 07:56:13 AM »
The funny thing is, this Poli Sci professor had a long history of pro Soviet, anti American thought.

All for naught, after accidentally writing a couple of paragraphs of truth, in his fading hears.

Evidently, in his advanced age he must have had a brain fart and let the truth loose.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 10:32:17 AM »
"Offense" usually occurs when someone speaks to truth, or a truth from which you've been hiding or denying is true. The true "offense" is that the truth has been uncovered, declared & now runs the risk of shattering your racket or your sheltered world.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.