Author Topic: Issa GRILLS Holder  (Read 6493 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Issa GRILLS Holder
« on: May 03, 2011, 01:53:31 PM »
Issa to Holder on Gunrunner: We’re looking at you and your key people

...At the hearing, Holder conceded to Issa that Congress has the authority to conduct investigations independent of the Justice Department. Holder also said the DOJ has 20 cases heading to trial in June on the subject. Issa doesn’t think much of those cases.

“Isn’t it true that those 20 cases going to trial in June are basically a bunch of meth addicts who were straw buying? You don’t have the kingpins,” Issa said. “What you have are the people you already had.”

Issa then asked Holder whether the Justice Department will cooperate with ongoing congressional investigations, which he says differ from the DOJ’s on who is being investigated. “We’re not looking at straw buyers, Mr. Attorney General, we’re looking at you,” Issa said. “We’re looking at you, we’re looking at your key people who knew or should’ve known about this.”

Holder said he’ll cooperate, but struck back against Issa’s charge of who’s responsible for wrongdoing with this program. “The notion that somehow or another that this Justice Department is responsible for those deaths, that assertion is offensive,” Holder said, referring to the deaths of American Border Patrol agents who may have been killed with American guns obtained through the program.

“What if it’s accurate, Mr. Attorney General?” Issa responded.

“What am I going to tell Agent Terry’s mother about how he died at the hand of a gun that was videotaped as it was being sold to a straw purchaser fully expecting it to end up in the hands of drug cartels?” Issa asked Holder...

More linked @ dailycaller...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Issa GRILLS Holder
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »
'Holder responded to Issa’s question by saying: “We’ll have to see exactly what happened with regard to the guns that are an issue there.” '

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/03/issa-to-holder-on-gunrunner-were-looking-at-you-and-your-key-people/#ixzz1LJtPdcPe

What a lousy non-answer!  he knows everything about those guns!  Subpeona documents!  Grill this bastard some more!  He is responsible for Terry's death and all the lost lives down there, that miserable fvck!

::gaah::

::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »

He's inviolate, if a common citizen did not respond to a subpoena they would be under the jail.

ATF has since missed several request deadlines that Issa put forth for information, and missed a subpoena deadline as well.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/03/issa-to-holder-on-gunrunner-were-looking-at-you-and-your-key-people/#ixzz1LKIw8tgl

hemm

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »
I am neither shocked nor surprised..........

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 05:54:13 PM »
Until I see Holder forced to resign in disgrace then arrested under the RICO statutes, Issa is just pissing in the wind.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
Until I see Holder forced to resign in disgrace then arrested under the RICO statutes, Issa is just pissing in the wind.

I'd like to see him tried for treason and executed more than anyone in government right now. Even more than O'Chimpy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »

I'd like to see him tried for treason and executed more than anyone in government right now. Even more than O'Chimpy.

He's his masters boy, as he goes so should his master.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:07:36 PM »

He's his masters boy, as he goes so should his master.

Let's not take the hook out of homeland insecurity. She's in this too.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 06:44:53 AM »
The list of traitors that should be perp-walked to the gallows could go pretty deep...but I think I'm with IDP on this one, to start with Holder makes sense, it can be argued nobody has had more of a hand in perverting/ignoring the law than Holder...he needs to go, immediately!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 06:49:44 AM »
The list of traitors that should be perp-walked to the gallows could go pretty deep...but I think I'm with IDP on this one, to start with Holder makes sense, it can be argued nobody has had more of a hand in perverting/ignoring the law than Holder...he needs to go, immediately!

I understand Grassley gets his crack at Holder today.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »

I wonder if any video-bites from these hearings are making the evening news? NYT? Anyone? It may well be, but I ask because I would have no way of knowing since I don't watch them.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »

I wonder if any video-bites from these hearings are making the evening news? NYT? Anyone? It may well be, but I ask because I would have no way of knowing since I don't watch them.

Yeah, me neither, but even if they are I reckon assuming the coverage is twisted and biased would be a good bet.

I don't see Grassley as being as naturally aggressive as Issa, but he has been on point about peppering The Regime with questions over Gunwalker so perhaps he'll rise to the occasion.

God I want that POS Holder skewered!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »

Yeah, me neither, but even if they are I reckon assuming the coverage is twisted and biased would be a good bet.

I don't see Grassley as being as naturally aggressive as Issa, but he has been on point about peppering The Regime with questions over Gunwalker so perhaps he'll rise to the occasion.

God I want that POS Holder skewered!

Heard Grassley on the radio this morning. He said he intends to see this to the end--he pointed out his has the reputation of sticking with things until he gets answers.  I believe him. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 11:10:47 AM »
Does anyone like Holder?

C'mon, it's a (semi) serious question!

As I was formulating my snarky reply to this thread I was thinking of an analogy to the scene in the movie "Hoffa" where Bobby Kennedy is skewering Hoffa. Then I remembered that the analogy wouldn't work because, rogue as he was, lotsa people loved Hoffa (and lotsa people loved Kennedy too) but I don't know of anyone who cares one whit about Holder.

How this shakes out is that Holders positions are tenuous as hell legally., He's waaaay out on a limb and likely to be smacked down - in a big way. The fact that he may be regarded as a useful tool by the left leaves him far short of the cover he's gonna need when this house of cards comes tumbling down.

This is a good place to say....hope so!

edit: altard-proofed

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »
Gee, haven't heard NBP voice thier opinion of Erica...

::whatgives::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:25 PM »
Does anyone like Holder?

C'mon, it's a (semi) serious question!

As I was formulating my snarky reply to this thread I was thinking of an analogy to the scene in the movie "Hoffa" where Bobby Kennedy is skewering Hoffa. Then I remembered that the analogy wouldn't work because, rogue as he was, lotsa people loved Hoffa (and lotsa people loved Kennedy too) but I don't know of anyone who cares one whit about Holder.

How this shakes out is that Holders positions are tenuous as hell legally., He's waaaay out on a limb and likely to be smacked down - in a big way. The fact that he may be regarded as a useful tool by the left leaves him far short of the cover he's gonna need when this house of cards comes tumbling down.

This is a good place to say....hope so!

edit: altard-proofed

I think Scooter Libby should do the investigating on this.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »

Acting head of BATF to be sacrificed. 
Will the cries for justice go away? 
Wall Street Journal gets it wrong and Red State gets it right.  LINK
[blockquote]
Word is out that Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms acting head Kenneth Melson is going to be sacrificed some time this week over Operation Fast & Furious:

"The shakeup shows the extent of the political damage caused by the gun-trafficking operation called Fast and Furious, which used tactics that allowed suspected smugglers to buy large numbers of firearms. Growing controversy over the program has paralyzed a long-beleaguered agency buffeted by partisan battles. The ATF has been without a Senate-confirmed director since 2006, with both the ***Bush and Obama administrations unable to overcome opposition from gun-rights groups to win approval of nominees."[* ]

The Wall Street Journal sort of gets it wrong, there: the problem was not that smugglers were allowed to buy guns.  It was that they were allowed to then smuggle them.  The evidence is pretty damning that higher-ups in both BATF and the Department of Justice were looking to trace drug-trafficking networks in Mexico by seeing which gangs ended up with federally-supplied firearms… and if you think that that strategy looks incredibly pernicious when just written out that way, well, I used the word ‘damning’ for a reason.  Particularly since the federal strategy in this case led to Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry being murdered by someone using one of the tracked firearms.

Read More ? LINK article contains linked citations.
[/blockquote]

Bush 41 tried to bust up the BATF completely. To avoid job loss etc. for the agents and bureaucrats Bust wanted to disburse the BATF agents into other relevant agencies, FBI, CIA, Justice, etc, and none, none of them would take the agents. They wouldn't take them because of their history. The histroy that we know and their history that we don't know.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »

AoS says:

It's a nice start, but according to the first report out of the House Oversight/Senate Judiciary Committee (pdf), "ATF led a strike force comprised of agents from ATF, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)." Chances of a higher-up's head rolling are high in such a large-scale clusterf**k. My bet's on Napolitano.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 03:55:42 PM »
I don't give one hot damn about who gets burned as long as it goes all the way to who knew about it and gave the orders to let the guns go.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 06:36:32 AM »
Barry is denying he knew anything about it.  I guess that throws Erica & Janet under the bus...

::)