Author Topic: Author of "Superpower" describes the retreat of America from world affairs  (Read 826 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11640302/Exclusive-interview-Ian-Bremmer-says-America-is-no-longer-indispensible-and-thats-bad-news-for-Britain.html

This hit/miss BS infuriates the hell out of me!

"We" did not retreat, Obama did!  "We" (the "We" in the "Liberty Community") had nothing to do with it.  Our "We" are for certain pullbacks where they make sense and where they are executed properly, like letting Europe fend for itself for once without sucking our resources dry and getting nothing but guff and FU's for it while they spend lavishly on their social welfare programs.  Like getting out of Afghanistan without looking like a bunch of cheese-eating surrender-monkeys.  Like partitioning Iraq and recognizing a Kurdish homeland and then getting the hell out.  Like shutting down what little is left in South Korea.

"We" did not support giving Afghanistan back to the Taliban, "We" did not support turning Iraq into a DAESH-controlled Jihadi nightmare.  "We" did not try to run guns from Libya to Syria to arm a bunch of DAESH-ladden Jihadis just because they hate Assad and get our people slaughtered for no reason in Benghazi and then cover the whole thing up with a BS video story!  "We" did not support grabbing ankles and surrendering our asses to Russia and every other despotic regime and piss off what allies we used to have.  "We" are not for a Imperial America but neither are we for an ignorantly isolationist America. 

And this clown sees (or wants) America to choose isolationism.  Well, given that the Obama Regime is pissing off everyone on the planet, that may be where the best odds are.  But I reject all three of this guys options, though #2 is the closest to making any real sense.  Anyway, anybody who knows what Obama has done and why knows that his policy is working, he means to weaken America by any means...and foolishly believes this strengthens other nations and makes the US just another one like them.

There is so many intersecting lines of stupid going every whichway now days that my default "eff them all" is hard not to deploy!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I find that "we" annoying as hell as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
And another one from WRSA that seems fitting to a current discussion:

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.