Author Topic: If you like Liberty stay the heck out of Habersham County, Georgia  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
This sick story highlights all the worst elements of the state with which we find ourselves in too often!  If things do not reverse likity-split...like fricken yesterday...well...

Anyway, it all starts with those infamous no-knock raids and resulted in injuries to those innocents inside, including a baby.

I have yet to see the constitutional authority granting any LEO to do this sh*t but that is debate nobody seems to want to push to the hilt.

The above-the-law LEO and the guilty-of-something public attitude common in all these incidents is disturbing, and once the balance of Sheriffs swing to the dark side then I think the PONR has been completely blown past.

A (small) bit of karma comes back to bite this clown though, in responding to a different LEO canned from his job (no reason given, of course) faschistischen Schläger Joey and a deputy are injured (shot, but survived) trying to apprehend their one-time comrade.

Too bad the prick didn't croak.

Anyway, back to these illegal raids that nobody is ever accountable for...

Get a load of this dumm fotze of a IBPO union rep Carrie Mills -

A Georgia lawmaker has proposed a bill, aptly named Baby Bou’s law, that would restrict the issuance of no-knock raids.

The bill’s namesake, Baby Bounekahm “Bou Bou” Phonesavanh, suffered third-degree burns to his chest and face after sheriff’s deputies in Habersham County raided a house in the middle of the night in May of 2014. They were looking for a person who did not live there, over a $50 drug sale, and threw a flashbang grenade into the infant’s crib.

According to the bill’s sponsor, State Sen. Vincent Fort, there was also a stunning new revelation in the case of 19-month-old Bou-Bou, involving a lie.

“We know that there’s evidence someone lied, one officer lied to the magistrate in offering information for the no knock warrant,” said Fort.

Apparently Georgia has never had a specified law on the books designed to punish officers and agencies that lie to a judge to obtain a no-knock warrant.

The bill has bipartisan support from many of Georgia’s lawmakers, who are also looking to ban no-knock raids between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am.

Predictably, this bill has the police unions up in arms.

Retired drug unit officer, turned union rep for the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, Carrie Mills, is quite outspoken about the union’s opposition to the bill.

“If we knock and announce, all evidence is going to be destroyed,” Mills said.

Mills went on to threaten lawmakers by telling them they should be careful what they ask for. She then made a disgusting statement which goes against every principle of a free society, by claiming that if you want security, you can’t have privacy.

“You have to draw the line between your right as a citizen to privacy and a community’s right to live in a crime-free environment. You can’t have them both,” said Mills.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-response-bill-restricting-no-knock-raids-freedom-security/#fbBrZm0fI5RGBAjx.99

That thought process is so effed up it is hard to know where to begin!

The concept of knowing who are are trying to arrest, why and for what...and to verify they are even in the fricken plance you want to storm into guns and grenades blazing is an alien concept to these morons!  And by morons I mean the police wanting to do this sh*t and the politicians and judicial officers going along with this BS!  If I just randomly shoot up the neighborhood because, well, the guy that just stole something from me ran down the street...I'm not liable for where the bullets go?  This is what they would have you believe!  Except in such cases THEY are exempt, WE are not, because they are above the law and we are so below it they look upon us as insects.

And hey, people would live in a crime free environment if they as legal law-abiding citizens were not restricted in the least from protecting themselves at all times with whatever weapon suits them and didn't get their privates twisted off by nanny-state goose-stepping little fascist goons for doing so!  We could be more effective in riding crime than ANY state goon squad.

But, you loath us and enjoy treating us like dogs.  What other explanation is there?  Huh?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: If you like Liberty stay the heck out of Habersham County, Georgia
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:07:36 AM »

Well I guess you'll just have to learn to work smarter. Because that's an acceptable risk (loss of evidence) as far as I am concerned. Burning babies, shooting old ladies, and generally terrorizing the public are not.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »
“You have to draw the line between your right as a citizen to privacy and a community’s right to live in a crime-free environment. You can’t have them both,” said Mills.[/color]

She is sooo right. I'll take my privacy, biotch.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »

Well I guess you'll just have to learn to work smarter. Because that's an acceptable risk (loss of evidence) as far as I am concerned. Burning babies, shooting old ladies, and generally terrorizing the public are not.

Bingo.  Their job should be hard.  Any time I hear about wanting to make things easier for the police, I know that means making things worse for individual liberty.  It's an equation -- any change on one side has to be balanced on the other.

I hesitate to be a full blown polyanna and say categorically that all drugs should be legal, but I would rather deal with that than the never ending erosion of freedom in the "War on Drugs."

The consequences have gone far beyond drugs.  The drug war has been the main driving force behind the development of an entire culture of hostility toward the citizenry, and the encouragement of an imperious and arrogant posture in the police forces that manifests itself in ALL their activities.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 06:54:32 AM »

Bingo.  Their job should be hard.  Any time I hear about wanting to make things easier for the police, I know that means making things worse for individual liberty.  It's an equation -- any change on one side has to be balanced on the other.

I hesitate to be a full blown polyanna and say categorically that all drugs should be legal, but I would rather deal with that than the never ending erosion of freedom in the "War on Drugs."

The consequences have gone far beyond drugs.  The drug war has been the main driving force behind the development of an entire culture of hostility toward the citizenry, and the encouragement of an imperious and arrogant posture in the police forces that manifests itself in ALL their activities.

Yahtze!

RICO, escalation of raids to no-knock assualts, surveillance powers...all of it can be traced to the War on Drugs.

But without that excuse they'll only pin it on another.  The underlying lust of statists at all levels is more power and more control, and
they don't care how the get it or keep it.  The people, The Constitution...those are now seen as problems and impediments to their aims. 
Until that diseased thinking is purged nothing will ever get better and things can only get worse until it all hits the fan.

I think too many of this mindset and the brainless sheeple that submit to them are incapable of changing let alone recognizing a need for a change...

So, prepare accordingly.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.