Author Topic: Literacy Skills For Teachers Racist? Achieving Equal Mediocrity In Teachers More  (Read 1165 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
It continues to amaze me that there seems to be so many Black people that genuinely hate or are at a minimum resentful of white people. The “poor black” person has been the conversation my entire life. The black majority scream for equality while simultaneously demanding special circumstances because of their color. Isn’t that rather conveniently hypocritical?

The standards are the same for all people. Education is now centrally controlled by the federal government and previously by state and local governments with common curriculum.  Was my history and English book different from the black kids’ books? Did I learn a secret math that wasn’t taught to people of color? No, the same opportunities for an education were provided to all. Like they say, you can lead a horse to water but no matter what color it is, it’s got to drink on its own.

Read the rest here: http://truthburgers.com/2015/06/literacy-skills-for-teachers-racist-achieving-equal-mediocrity-in-teachers-more-fair-to-students/
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
You can teach a bear not to sh*t, er...ahh...

Nevermind.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Pffft !!  The objective is to screw up the kids so they have no moral compass and don't know anything not included in their misinformation regime.  Makes 'em easier to control, eh.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

The standards are the same for all people. Education is now centrally controlled by the federal government and previously by state and local governments with common curriculum.  Was my history and English book different from the black kids’ books? Did I learn a secret math that wasn’t taught to people of color? No, the same opportunities for an education were provided to all.

Yeah, but you were also probably brought up in a household where education was valued,  and your parents read to you from a young age and made it clear to you that they expected you to become a self-sufficient adult.  They probably also dragged you to church, taught you right from wrong, and corrected you when you failed to make the distinction correctly. That is "White privilege" is in a nutshell. The only thing "white" about it of course is that its mostly white people who do these things.

kids who  have useless non-contributing unskilled and uneducated welfare-sucking parents, who then expect nothing more of their children than to follow in their footsteps, will usually fail.  Its not really surprising when they don't do as well.  Thomas Sowell was invited to attend Stuyvesant High School  but his mother discouraged him, telling him that he needed to work to help support the family instead. Dr. Sowell obviously later overcame his upbringing- through something internal to who he is-- but most kids simply don't have that. They need to be guided and shown. There is nothing worse than you can do to a child than be indifferent to them. (Ann B is very right, the opposite of love is indifference - not hate..)