Author Topic: Clam Sauce!!  (Read 2146 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Clam Sauce!!
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »
 This what you need to serve two big eaters:

2- Cans Snows chopped clams(or what ever brand you like works well with canned baby clams)
  2-bottles clam juice
  1- nice sized red bell pepper diced small
   6 large tomatoes or 8 med  ones. Skin by cutting an X on the botton and drop into boiling water till you see the skins split then take out and drop them in ice water so the skins come off without a battle(don't like tomato skins)
   A hand full of garlic cloves chopped
   red pepper flake as much as you like  same with salt and black pepper(watch the salt)
   And Parsley don't skimp

I get everything ready in advance because I don't want to rush when I start cooking.

get a large high sided frying pan and heat up pan on med. low heat and when hot add olive oil and toss in you chopped garlick for a couple of minutes

and then the red bell pepper and cook till soft  then add the  the chopped tomatoes and let it come to a simmer. You want them cooked down and soft could take  a while if the tomatoes aren't well ripened so if you have too buy them a few days before you plan on making this and let ripen on the counter.

Now a some white wine and the clam juice and clams leave on the heat for about 15 minutes and you're done. You want white clam sauce don't put in the tomatoes but if you try it this way you probably won't eat white clam sauce again.

For the paste use whatever you feel like eating but cook it half way drain and finish it in the clam sauce. Serve and enjoy I put pecorino romano on mine because I think in this case it works best.

Ans don't be buying that box crap that pretends is cheese life's too short.

Any questions??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Clam Sauce!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:31 PM »
thanks John, sounds easy enough

I'm making this for my husband
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »

the worst part is skinning the tomatoes.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »

never done that before --sounds messy. Probably do that in the morning after I make breakfast just to have it out of the way. I really don't like cooking at the end of the day--too tired--so I try to get some stuff done early when a nice dinner still sounds possible.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »

never done that before --sounds messy. Probably do that in the morning after I make breakfast just to have it out of the way. I really don't like cooking at the end of the day--too tired--so I try to get some stuff done early when a nice dinner still sounds possible.

It's more aboiut time than anything else.Drop a bowl of ice water waiting and drop them in boiling water and about 5 minutes later the skin will be cracked scoop them out drop them in ice water and wait for them to cool off.The skin will just come off like nothing.The more ripe the easier.
How to Peel a Tomato - video food tip
 Filippo Mazzie