Author Topic: UCSF Bans Soda and Sugar Drinks  (Read 931 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
UCSF Bans Soda and Sugar Drinks
« on: June 18, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
UC - San Faggie...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/226704-university-of-san-francisco-bans-sale-of-soda-and-other-sugary-drinks-on-campus/

UCSF’s Associate Vice Chancellor of Campus Life Services Clare Shinnerl, the new policy directly relates to the school’s mission as a university “dedicated to defining health worldwide.”

::hysterical::

Talk about a zero-neuron job!  I think we've identified a potential cost saving measure!

I bet pot, smack, coke, etc are still widely available...and those are illegal...bet students go harm their bodies anyway...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: UCSF Bans Soda and Sugar Drinks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »
Two words.....black market. Who will be the first?????
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: UCSF Bans Soda and Sugar Drinks
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:59:34 PM »
Yeah,  its not like students are going to stop buying,  they just won't be buying from the school itself.  Shopkeepers in the area must be happy.

One of the jobs I had in my college years, was the campus soda pop machine filler (pepsi products).  The school made some decent money from those machines too.  Plus, Pepsi paid for all the campus scoreboards on all the fields and gyms,  which is a common practice in higher education (coke, rc, do it as well).   It was still worth their while at a tiny college like the one I went too.   That's why you see their logos on most scoreboards.