Author Topic: Killing Osama: Obama Thought About It For 16 Hours*  (Read 11521 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: Killing Osama: Obama Thought About It For 16 Hours*
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 06:00:30 AM »
One would think that the smartest guy in the room would be able to make a sound decision about the mission in a snap. Now, we find that President MEssiah agonized for 16 hours. Yeah, Barry, it's tough at the top. Know what he was thinking for sixteen hours? No, not his golf game. Not the price of gasoline. For sixteen hours, two words occupied the President's mind:

Desert One.

Desert One.

Desert One.

The President of the United States was about to make a decision that would require that he place the future of his presidency and any hopes for re-election, into the hands of a bunch of young kids. Young military professionals. The very group of soldiers he and his fellow travelers have been reviling his entire adult life . . .

Delicious irony.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

RickZ

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 06:18:08 AM »
Desert One.

The big difference is that Carter had to go with boots on the ground as the mission was to rescue alive our hostages.  Obama had no such concern as killing Obama from afar would have sufficed.  Plus, our pinpoint military technology has improved quite a bit since 1979, not to mention our stealth technology.  Obama needlessly put into harm's way a Seal team when a targeted air strike would have done the trick.  Of course, doing that would not have provided proof that Bin Laden was dead, but then we don't have proof now that Bin Laden is dead.  Who can do DNA analysis in less than 24 hours?  And why dump the body in the ocean?  That whole 'buried according to muslim customs' is bullsh*t.  Obama himself said he wasn't a muslim leader.  So which was it:  Osama's a muslim leader or not a muslim leader?  And did Osama make allowance for the proper Christian burial of those who were incinerated on 9/11, or even the ones who jumped over 80 stories to their deaths?  Where was Osama's concern?  Oh right, we have to have all the concern and follow that oh so important Geneva Convention while the brutal terrorist murderers get a pass on following that document.

The best thing about this op is showing up Pakistan.  Anything that makes Pakistan look weak and ineffective can only help India (a country which is more of a natural ally to us than Pakistan can ever be).  Showing up Pakistan might also get the billions in US monetary aid to them cut off which, in our fiscal crisis, can only be viewed as a good thing.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 07:06:28 AM »
Right now India's "natural ally" is Russia and Red China . We need to work on that .

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 07:14:55 AM »
Desert One.

The big difference is that Carter had to go with boots on the ground as the mission was to rescue alive our hostages.  Obama had no such concern as killing Obama from afar would have sufficed. 

Total agreement. My point is that Obama knew that mission failure resulting with American casualties, would kill his legacy and any hopes for election in 2012.

(Note: The creation of Seal Team 6 was a direct result of the failure of Desert One.)
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 07:23:58 AM »
Right now India's "natural ally" is Russia and Red China . We need to work on that .

Bin Laden hiding in Pakistan for so long and for possibly up to 6 years in a compound just a mile away from their West Point ought to give us a buttload of leverage with our wayward anti-terror friends, eh?  What better place to start than cozying up to India?

;)

As for Obamakov waiting 16 hours to act, sleeping on it  ::speechless:: it is indicative of what a poor leader this idiot is!  16 hours?  It would've taken anybody else 16 seconds tops! 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 07:27:19 AM »
How do you like that lazy bastard sleeping sixteen hours a day ! There oughta be a law !   ::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 07:40:18 AM »
How do you like that lazy bastard sleeping sixteen hours a day ! There oughta be a law !   ::facepalm::

Who is he sleeping with, now that Rahm is gone?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »
Oh, and I guess after 16 hours he couldn't come up with a better code name?!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden_geronimo

::hysterical::

I guess he felt he was honoring Bin Laden by linking him with a reveared Indian warrior chief!

Some of his multi-culti/diversity/pc pals disagree!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 07:45:01 AM »

Who is he sleeping with, now that Rahm is gone?

Jay Carney ( look at his pursed lips ) .  ::puke::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »
/quote]

Joe Biden suggested  "Tonto" but was over ruled .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 08:20:31 AM »
/quote]

Joe Biden suggested  "Tonto" but was over ruled .

Whoa Kemosabe!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 09:49:45 AM »
that the media feels it has to go overboard on showcasing BO's courage etc is proof BO doesn't have any
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 10:15:13 AM »
Obama is in danger of being buried alive with all the MFM room keys and panties being thrown his way!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
They're trying so hard to recapture the magic in time for 2012 that they're going to inadvertently highlight all the ways he's failed to live up to the messianic image they created the first time around.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
Obama is in danger of being buried alive with all the MFM room keys and panties being thrown his way!

I'm listening right now to Beck playing clips of the MFM's repeated confusing of Obama with Osama over the last few days.  It's astounding how many there are and some of them came from the WH press itself.

Something karmic about the two names being so similar at this point in time.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 10:25:50 AM »
Something karmic about the two names being so similar at this point in time.

I'd say so.

As I pointed out in the other day on another thread they both share a similar dysfunctional background--daddy issues.

I'm listening to Beck now too--almost on the floor with laughter
Obama Bin Laden ::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
Yeah, that Obama Bin Laden thing was a hoot!

::laughonfloor::

The useful idiots commenting on Twitter asking who Bin Laden is...swings me the other way!

::gaah::

Offline michelleo

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »
Well, pigs have flown and I'm gobsmacked.
Nancy Pelosi called Bush and congratulated him on the capture and killing of Bin Laden.  Either she's been taken over by Pod Person with integrity or something has seriously spooked her.  Perhaps there is some credence to the theory that Obama attempted to thwart efforts to get Bin Laden but a quiet coup overruled him.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »
Nancy Pelosi called Bush and congratulated him on the capture and killing of Bin Laden.  Either she's been taken over by Pod Person with integrity or something has seriously spooked her.  Perhaps there is some credence to the theory that Obama attempted to thwart efforts to get Bin Laden but a quiet coup overruled him.

*ahem*

She said she called him.  I know for a fact she's a shameless liar; I'd say we all do.  When I hear confirmation from Bush or his people, then I'll believe it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »

Maybe she's just trying to deflect as many of the holy hell charges of hypocrisy coming her way as possible...

Compare and Contrast

Nancy Pelosi, press conference, September 7, 2006:
[blockquote][E]ven if [Osama bin Laden] is caught tomorrow, it is five years too late. He has done more damage the longer he has been out there. But, in fact, the damage that he has done ... is done. And even to capture him now I don't think makes us any safer.[/blockquote]
Nancy Pelosi, [May 2nd]:
[blockquote]The death of Osama bin Laden marks the most significant development in our fight against al-Qaida. ... I salute President Obama, his national security team, Director Panetta, our men and women in the intelligence community and military, and other nations who supported this effort for their leadership in achieving this major accomplishment. ... [T]he death of Osama bin Laden is historic....[/blockquote]

HT: powerline
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson