Author Topic: Shell pays for damage to enviroment, damage caused by Greenpeace.........  (Read 1528 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
You probably will be reading this here first,  since I haven't seen this reported by any lamestream source. 

http://blog.heartland.org/2015/06/shell-oil-foots-bill-for-environmental-disaster-created-by-environmentalists/

You may have noticed the protests in the news by various environmental groups against Shell Oil in Puget Sound.   What wasn't reported,  was the damage to the sound by Greenpeace.    Shell stepped forward to pay for repairs,  when Greenpeace refused to pay for it.

Fact:  Greenie groups don't give a sh*t about the environment.   This is proof, yet again that their aims aren't what they say they are.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Activists on the barge dropped massive cement blocks into the water to act as anchors — du Preez estimated that they weigh around 2,000-4,000 pounds each.

"The Solar Pioneer barge dropped a couple of big mooring blocks right in the middle of a dive park," du Preez said. "They had mooring cables attached to the barge; there were big tidal swings and with those tidal swings they wrapped around structures frequently visited by divers and also house marine life."

The Department of Natural Resources reviewed the incident and wanted all the cement blocks and cables removed from Seacrest Park.

"The operation was very costly and the activist group, I suspect, did not have that much resources to clean up the dive park," du Preez said. "We worked with them and said we would take care of the operation to make sure it was done professionally."

But the cost and materials needed posed a challenge.

That's when GUE got help from an unlikely source: Shell, the company activists were protesting when they used the barge.

"One of our members took a long shot and dropped an email directly to the CEO, Ben van Beurden, at Shell," du Preez said. "We didn't think much of it at the time, but low and behold, we get a call from Shell in Alaska. Our email somehow bounced around in the upper echelon of Shell."

"The next thing you know, someone calls us from Alaska and said,'We'd love to help out,'" he said.

Shell offered to help foot the bill for the cleanup and made some introductions to Foss Maritime, the Seattle company that hosted the oil giant. Foss offered to help with the bill as well, and provided vessels to assist. Barge owner John Sellers, who leased the barge to protesters, also stepped in to help.

Along with Global Diving and Salvage, the crews untangled the underwater cables and removed the debris as kayaktivists paddled in the background.

"Obviously, if Shell wasn't in the area, the activists wouldn't be in the area, and none of this would have happened," du Preez said. "I, and our group, consider this whole incident as collateral damage, as the net result of all this activity."

du Preez noted that nobody is blaming Shell for the damage done to the dive park, and that GUE is thankful for their help.

"The nature of Shell's business attracts this kind of activist behavior and Shell recognizes that, and has social responsibility programs in place to deal with this kind of thing," he said.

du Preez said his team still has some work to do at the dive park.

"We haven't done rehabilitation or rebuilding and that needs to come in the future," he said.

Looks like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth, keemosabe.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I wouldn't give an Eco-Nut nothing but the Harry Stamper treatment...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
The sign says "Don't Feed The Bears" for a reason, dumbass Shell Oil.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Why is Shell Oil the dumbass in this case?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Simply because they didn't have anything to do with the progtard protesting that actually did the polluting of the sound. They're looking to play nice with a bunch that hasn't the intellect to fathom how much their pathetic lives actually are affected by the consumption of that nasty dirty black stuff, er oil.

In an effort to make them look like their above the fray they're using money that rightfully belongs to the shareholders to clean up the disaster that progtards always cause. STUPID!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Simply because they didn't have anything to do with the progtard protesting that actually did the polluting of the sound. They're looking to play nice with a bunch that hasn't the intellect to fathom how much their pathetic lives actually are affected by the consumption of that nasty dirty black stuff, er oil.

In an effort to make them look like their above the fray they're using money that rightfully belongs to the shareholders to clean up the disaster that progtards always cause. STUPID!

And the Eco-Nazis and Progs at large will still heap all the blame on BigOil, even though they are the culpable dumbasses here...

I don't necessarily fault them for wanting to step in and be the good guy, but for God's sake, I'd at least go after these tards and sue them to recover your expenses!  That is the truly dumbass move on their part!  That statement about these morons not having the resources to clean their sh*t up illustrates two things - a) they shouldn't have done it to begin with and b) if they can afford to bring in these idiots and dump this sh*t they can afford to pay Shell back.

Sure wish people/organizations would stop behaving like candyasses!  But I also wish I could date Kate Upton, but neither will happen in this lifetime.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.