Author Topic: Ok Am I the only one to get a "American Community Survey  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Ok Am I the only one to get a "American Community Survey
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »
If they want to know how many toilets I have you can WIPE my A$$! ::cussing:: ::foilhathelicopter::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Ok Am I the only one to get a "American Community Survey
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:02:51 PM »
If they want to know how many toilets I have you can WIPE my A$$! ::cussing:: ::foilhathelicopter::

What the hell are you talking about? ::whatgives::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »
"The American Community Survey"
From the US Dept of Commerce
On the envelope it came in and I quote "YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED BY LAW" and yes it was in caps.
WTF!

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:21:54 PM »
FYI it is form ACS-1(2011)KFI..............(05-11-2010)
 ::evilbat:: ::devil:: ::falldownshocked:: And that doesn't help! ::pokeineye::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:36:02 PM »
I'd throw it in the trash. Either it's a scam out for your personal info, or it's an illegitimate demand by government.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline michelleo

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:38 PM »
Dude, that's creepy alright.  And from the US Census Bureau.

Sample survey can be found here.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 08:42:17 PM »
I'd throw it in the trash. Either it's a scam out for your personal info, or it's an illegitimate demand by government.
It's real and they can kiss my A$$ ::bigmooning::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:51:57 PM »
you never got it and don't know what the hell they're talking about. If they want to know how many bathrooms you have they can go to the town hall and get the info it's public record.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:27 PM »
I'm sorry do I know you? ::beertoast::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »
One appeared in the mailbox that may or may not be mine back during the census. As I understand the sequence of events, it wound up in the garbage. Later a follow-up visit was conducted attempting to ascertain why the form was not received.

They may have been told that the form had been promptly and dutifully submitted. It's entirely possible that, when they asked that another one be filled out, they were told, "The first one was free - any further foolishness will cost you".

The bottom line was that they went away - empty handed, and that's the last that was heard from them.

Allegedly  ::thumbsup::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 09:59:57 PM »
I got some form from the Dept of Commerce a couple years ago. Because I am an independent contractor, it was asking me all kinds of questions about my business. How many employees, type of insurance provided, yadda-yadda. I have been an independent sole proprietor my entire life with a couple noteworthy diversions into employee-hood. But essentially, it's just me, and always has been.

This form they were demanding I fill out according to federal law was asking me all kinds of questions that in the view of my accountant were trying to funnel me into providing thin evidence that I was not actually an independent contractor, but rather an employee of my clients. The questions were chosen just so, and worded just so, that honestly answering them would have given the false impression that I was not an independent contractor, even though according to the strict rules designating contractor status, I qualify in every way.

It felt eerily like the government was probing for an opportunity to pounce. I threw the form in the garbage. I received another one with a stronger demand, and then a follow up letter. That was it. Never heard from them again.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »
One appeared in the mailbox that may or may not be mine back during the census. As I understand the sequence of events, it wound up in the garbage. Later a follow-up visit was conducted attempting to ascertain why the form was not received.

They may have been told that the form had been promptly and dutifully submitted. It's entirely possible that, when they asked that another one be filled out, they were told, "The first one was free - any further foolishness will cost you".

The bottom line was that they went away - empty handed, and that's the last that was heard from them.

See that, Damn Lucky; the inefficiency of the government allegedly at work here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 10:56:33 PM »

See that, Damn Lucky; the inefficiency of the government allegedly at work here.
[/quote]

so satisfying when one allegedly uses the inefficiencies of government to protect one's rights
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 05:10:48 AM »
Damn_Lucky ...

You are the only person in the whole country to receive one of those .... BOY , ARE YOU IN TROUBLE !  ::exitstageleft::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 09:51:07 AM »
Damn_Lucky ...

You are the only person in the whole country to receive one of those .... BOY , ARE YOU IN TROUBLE !  ::exitstageleft::

Or damn lucky   ::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »
Damn_Lucky ...

Or damn lucky   ::laughonfloor::
Well at least I'm special! ::newyear::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 03:02:34 PM »
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty