Author Topic: Francisco Liriano pitches a no-hitter!  (Read 1873 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Francisco Liriano pitches a no-hitter!
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:22:23 PM »
I watched the last three innings on MLB's Gameday, along with herky-jerky video of the bottom of the ninth.  The final out was a bullet to short.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_05_03_minmlb_chamlb_1&mode=box&c_id=mlb
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Re: Francisco Liriano pitches a no-hitter!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »
A couple of video clips here.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_05_03_minmlb_chamlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=min

They said it was his first complete game in 95 major league starts, and that he entered the game with an ERA over 9.00.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:48 PM »
I guess the Minnesotans on this board aren't baseball fans?
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
Good for him, and good for the Twinks. They're doing so crappy (10-18) I haven't been paying attention to more than a score here and there and peripheral news. Looks like the Sox are in the same boat (11-20).
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 06:40:24 AM »
I follow baseball a little, catch a game when I can.  They are having an awful season...look at their scoring differential, it explains their record pretty clearly.  Injuries have hurt the offense, but the pitching has been almost universally atrocious, which is something somewhat new for us, usually were pretty good and have a good bullpen, but a poor bullpen this year and inconsistent starters have taken their toll.  People are hoping this no-no will jump start the club, but I have my doubts.  It was a nice performace to see though, and good for them to have something positive happen and the fans to cheer about.  That throw from deep third across to Morneau by Valencia was awesome and IMO kept the no-no intact...threee DP's don't hurt either!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.