Author Topic: Strange timing?  (Read 4658 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Strange timing?
« on: June 27, 2015, 07:37:51 PM »
   I got a text tonight from a friend down here that I haven't spoken to in a while that only had 4 words in it, it read " WHO IS JOHN GALT"   So I'm taking the time to watch all three movies maybe to just remind me just how sh*tty thing can be.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Strange timing?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 12:42:33 AM »
Hmmmm .....

Unh hunh.  "Stuff" may be starting to sink in .... in unexpected places.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 06:51:23 AM »
Yeah, that is how I would interpret it.  Somewhere around here I posted a 30 page condensed edition of Atlas Shrugged if you really feel the need to review it .. the movies were Meh. ( if the woman would have submitted to having an editor, she might have written something great..and the movies followed what she wrote so... )

I am sure with the recent Dread Traitor Roberts court decisions your friend might have woken up and realized this is no longer America ( and hasn't been for some time)   "Who is John Galt?" is used as an expression  of resignation to  and acknowledgement of the fact that the world is completely crazy and non-nonsensical and there isn't a hell of a lot you can do about it as an individual.   (is also a hint to suggest John Galt is behind it for taking the top smart/producing people out of the world)

Really, remove the top producers  you may hasten the collapse because they have to make do with second best-- but it will come just the same even if the brightest don't quit.

My wife was talking about doing a full-on tax revolt after the decisions this week. Perhaps this is my cowardice talking - but I don't see the point.  They will simply print up the difference as their second best solution. Yes it may hasten the collapse a little - but even if 1/2 of the (producing)  people  who actually pay taxes participate,  it deprives the fed of 1 Trillion?  They just print the difference.  (Actually- who is to say they aren't already being hit hard by refusal of people ot pay taxes and just  reporting "record tax revenues" - If the Fed give a bank a loan and they report it as "income"  then wouldn't that money just come back to the treasury  as "revenue"?)

You can't hurt them much  via the tax purse strings because they still have a printing press and the world reserve currency. By a flashy show of not paying taxes  you are just sticking your next out and allowing them to deprive you of resources just before a massive event of civil unrest when you will need them most. And there is no need for it- go Galt and lower your income to the point where the government is paying You on net. This can be done completely legally ( they encourage dependance upon government after all)  only you won't be dependent.. just pissed off,  armed and leeching. And it takes a long time to get there IMO. If your friend finally started... he needs encouragement..

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 10:40:22 AM »
Pissed off, armed and bleeding this system dry seems like a good way to go.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.