Author Topic: Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies
« on: June 25, 2015, 09:39:59 AM »
LOL.  Now basic language doesn't even have to conform to meaning.  Whether they originally intended to extend the subsidies to both federal and state exchanges, the fact is in the text of the law they didn't.  That is what the court is supposed to rule on.  If the legislature meant otherwise, they should go back and pass an amendment to the law.

Surprised?  Nope.

ETA - not that this will shock you, but the Dread Justice Roberts took the lead in upholding it
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:58:41 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Supreme Court upholds Obamacare subsidies
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »
Barack Obama is now, for all intents & purposes, the President, the Congress and the Supreme Court.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 10:02:43 AM »
‘In this instance, the context and structure of the Act compel us to depart from what would otherwise be the most natural reading of the pertinent statutory phrase’…”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 10:20:17 AM »
Why is it Republican presidents make such sh*tty Supreme Court appointments?  When do you ever hear about Democrats ending up disappointed by their court appointees?  It happens often with Republican appointees.  Even Reagan struck out with the Supreme Court.

Why?  You know why -- because Republican presidents are told they can't dare nominate someone too immoderate (i.e. principled) and this is an opportunity to extend the olive branch, blah blah blah.  Democrat presidents nominate people who will reliably fight as leftist ideologues for decades, of course.  And Republican Senators will confirm those appointments for the same reason Republican presidents nominate squish.

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »
Why is it Republican presidents make such sh*tty Supreme Court appointments?  When do you ever hear about Democrats ending up disappointed by their court appointees?  It happens often with Republican appointees.  Even Reagan struck out with the Supreme Court.

Why?  You know why -- because Republican presidents are told they can't dare nominate someone too immoderate (i.e. principled) and this is an opportunity to extend the olive branch, blah blah blah.  Democrat presidents nominate people who will reliably fight as leftist ideologues for decades, of course.  And Republican Senators will confirm those appointments for the same reason Republican presidents nominate squish.

Because the Dems will prevent any real conservative from being appointed using the Senate..  and where that fails-- all of these nominees have been "educated" in IVY league liberal enclaves and have an elitist mentality that makes them want to have a "legacy" and when even  that fails there is of course the old fashioned method of blackmail using NSA information and threats that a block ops team will kill your loved ones.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 11:31:53 AM »
Just a few short years ago I was a proud American - willing to go toe-to-toe with anyone who dared question whether we live in the greatest country in the world.

Now I can think of no nation on earth that scares me more. The notion of the most powerful, technologically advanced, wealthiest, and most influential nation on earth falling into the hands of tyranny and decline, indicates to me that the human race is on the verge of experiencing the darkest and most evil time in history. Stalin, Mao, and Hitler did not have a minute fraction of the resources available to this regime.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »
Barack Obama is now, for all intents & purposes, the President, the Congress and the Supreme Court.

You mean judge, jury and executioner, right?

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »

Most lawyers today are overwhelmingly liberal.   All their organizations are overwhelmingly liberal.   Most law schools are overwhelmingly liberal.   And its their way or the highway when it comes to careers.    Its like professors in colleges,  if your conservative,  your career is stunted and that is if you can even get it started.  I know a few lawyers who couldn't because their non liberal views blocked them from employment.

In twenty years,  most doctors will be liberals too.   Conservatives are already leaving the doctor biz in droves already.  Just wait until most docs toe the party line,  scary when you think about it.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »

Most lawyers today are overwhelmingly liberal.   All their organizations are overwhelmingly liberal.   Most law schools are overwhelmingly liberal.   And its their way or the highway when it comes to careers.    Its like professors in colleges,  if your conservative,  your career is stunted and that is if you can even get it started.  I know a few lawyers who couldn't because their non liberal views blocked them from employment.

In twenty years,  most doctors will be liberals too.   Conservatives are already leaving the doctor biz in droves already.  Just wait until most docs toe the party line,  scary when you think about it.

Yes, that's one of Rush's Irrefutable Facts of Life: any organization that is not explicitly conservative will inevitably become liberal over time.  A perfect example is NASCAR, which has also weighed in against the Confederate flag.  NASCAR.  An organization rooted in the do-it-yourself racing enthusiasts of the rural South, an organization and sport which was until quite recently associated almost exclusively with the South, and in particular that type of Southerner who is not bashful about displaying the flag.  Yet this organization didn't bat an eye at chucking the flag under the bus.

All organizations trend liberal because it's the path of least resistance.  Liberalism is the default background noise of the culture and has been for generations.  It's amazing how they're able to spend so much time congratulating themselves on speaking truth to power and being transgressive, when the cultural battlespace has been their monopoly for 50+ years already.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 07:20:32 PM »
Yeah, it's so cute they still think of themselves as the counter-culture ..........   ::saywhat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 09:34:42 PM »
Another I told you so come true thanks in large part to the Dread Traitor Roberts.  Once again what the law explicitly states is ignored and a rubber stamp given to the Tyrant B Hussein.  Anybody foolish enough to think this bunch is going to uphold the long time honored Judeo-Christian definition of marriage in this country will kindly submit themselves to the nearest State Indoctrination Center for reeducation, or be branded a racist\sexist\homophobe\non-self-identifying misanthrope.

Or you can flash your ass, tell the State to piss off and ignore their illegal and unmerican edicts and dare them to do anything about it.

I'll do the latter and f**k em anyway if they don't like it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2015, 09:37:39 PM »
Another I told you so come true thanks in large part to the Dread Traitor Roberts.  Once again what the law explicitly states is ignored and a rubber stamp given to the Tyrant B Hussein.  Anybody foolish enough to think this bunch is going to uphold the long time honored Judeo-Christian definition of marriage in this country will kindly submit themselves to the nearest State Indoctrination Center for reeducation, or be branded a racist\sexist\homophobe\non-self-identifying misanthrope.

Or you can flash your ass, tell the State to piss off and ignore their illegal and unmerican edicts and dare them to do anything about it.

I'll do the latter and f**k em anyway if they don't like it.

Or. Simply. Load. Your. Weapon.

#AskQuestionsLater
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 09:53:08 PM »
Which ones?

Wait, I almost forgot, need my scuba gear first...

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 09:59:26 PM »
Which ones?

Wait, I almost forgot, need my scuba gear first...

It's like "what do you get when one of the Supremes walks his boat dock" thing??

I'll answer that question later...meanwhile here's a cool scene from a movie I like...a lot!

! No longer available
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:05:03 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 07:09:40 AM »
I can't help but look back on the George W. Bush presidency and wonder at how perfectly the groundwork was laid for everything Hussein is now doing. The GOP brand was ruined on his watch, as they stumbled over themselves to enact his "compassionate conservatism", or, Big Government Republicanism.

Specifically in regards to Roberts, it seems to me as if he's fulfilling the role for which he was appointed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 05:32:39 PM »
Kennedy has in effect invalidated those Judeo-Christian heritage exclaiming God doesn't exist. If that's the way they want it, I'll be more than happy bringing their little utopian dream to a quick end. God doesn't exist in their world so it's folly to use my morals based upon Christianity to curb myself from relentlessly seeking them out to destroy them.

My brothers and sisters, they have cut the beast loose now let them wallow in the misery of a godless utopia. Drugs, sexual deviancy, rape, murder, they all begged the courts to validate all of them so why not give it to them .30 cal at a time.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 02:45:25 PM »
LIB